Stupid meta bullies ppl

Stupid meta bullies ppl

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

I play as a DD else because the play style fits me really well. but as the game is now if u join a team for dungeons they want only zerker.
Here is the thing today every one should run a specific build so you don’t get kicked or bullied when joining a team. its only the meta that is accepted. right now that say that a-net should remove serene stuff from the game cause you are just not accepted as a player if u run the “wrong” set.
i think a net need to fix this, cause the game was not build to stacking in a corner to kill a boss in 5 sec.
Kicking and yelling at ppl just because they don’t use the right weapon or sigils as i was bullied for. (just to try experimenting) This shouldn’t be okej.

I really like to play my DD byt today i risk getting a kik just for showing my character in a team.

I just wonder would it help if we removed stats from weapons and only use them on armor so we can play with something else than the meta staff, or if its wand focus now? Cause as the game is today i been called loots of evil words just for playing daggers and then kicked without getting a chance to show ppl that i can play. and often better than many ppl that complains some times.

We never get a chance and that need to change.

this is stupid… why? youre basically saying that people should have to go through a dungeon slower just because you enjoy playing the game a different way?

that’s fine and all…. but its pretty obvious why you are getting people telling you to change armors. If you want to play a game your own way (the slower way) then obviously people wont agree with it. Just like you dont agree with them. Your complaining is pointless…. let them play how they want

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

(edited by CrassBippy.4619)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

If you want to make a difference and stop gear elitism, then ANet needs to make it so that Glassy Gear sets clear runs quickly yet inconsistently and Tanky Gear sets clear runs more slowly yet more consistently.

This is what GW2 needs for sure! Random bursts of damage that randomly kill glass speced players.

It’ll surely be fun.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’m at the spot right now where all i need to finish my legendary is CoE runs but since I don’t use zerker nor do i feel comfortable using it it almost impossible to get a run. A week ago i was actually dropped from 10 parties in a row because i don’t have zerker or I wasn’t experiences. Now alot of ppl will tell me just to join a guild but lots of guilds do not want me since I cant play at a time when they do guild missions.

You were most likely kicked because you lack experience. My advice is to watch some youtube guides and try to improve.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I’m at the spot right now where all i need to finish my legendary is CoE runs but since I don’t use zerker nor do i feel comfortable using it it almost impossible to get a run. A week ago i was actually dropped from 10 parties in a row because i don’t have zerker or I wasn’t experiences. Now alot of ppl will tell me just to join a guild but lots of guilds do not want me since I cant play at a time when they do guild missions.

You were most likely kicked because you lack experience. My advice is to watch some youtube guides and try to improve.

Watching youtube does not make u experienced unless everything on the video is exactly how it is in the dungeon. Also i doubt its the experience since i got booted before we even entered the dungeon.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Frankly, gear set stats should be balanced against each other. If Stats were properly balanced, this wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

Edit: Some examples would probably be helpful. It should be really hard to finish content if you’re full glass (High Risk, High Reward), rewarding skilled players but punishing players who aren’t as skilled by still build glassy.

If you want to make a difference and stop gear elitism, then ANet needs to make it so that Glassy Gear sets clear runs quickly yet inconsistently and Tanky Gear sets clear runs more slowly yet more consistently.

As long as people can consistently and easily complete dungeons in glass gear without a lot of risk (or skill, for that matter), people are going to QQ about non-zerkers in their group.

Do a fractal, this is absolutely true there. Dungeons are just stale and boring outside Arah.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Players I run into:
1. High deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
2. High deeps players who don’t die but can’t solo the dungeon.
3. High deeps players who die all the time unless everyone is playing max deeps.
4. Mid deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
5. Mid deeps players who don’t die but can’t solo dungeon.
6. Mid deeps players who die all the time unless the boss dies fast.
7. Low deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
8. Low deeps players who don’t die and couldn’t solo the dungeon.
9. Low deeps player who die all the time and are basically a drain to the party.

Meta bullies are almost exclusively #3. They are noobs, but pretend they aren’t cause they have zerker gear. 1s and 2s are the kind of people willing to carry 6s, 8s, and 9s. I met someone who normally solos arah but was puging because that is more of a challenge. He was a bit elitist and meta, but he was still fun to play with because he wasn’t shouting at people.

More and more people are falling into the #1 category which makes puging very pleasant.

My war is full Zoja’s, but I don’t like the zerker meta, so I use her to climb fractals. Easy content like dungeons, I’ll bring my 4s, (odd thing to censor?) 5s, and 8s.

That is so unfair.

A meta ele, for example, HAS to be number 3. Eles are sitting ducks while channeling their devastating attacks, which they have to cast while still having 25 stacks of might. If the boss isnt dead by the end of the cast, chances are it already killed the other ele, or you. You can play it safe, time your casts and be conservative, but then you wont do top damage and most likely the boss will be dead by the time you even olace vulnerability on him

I don’t agree with that 100%. Yes ellys can’t soak damage. If the group is stacking and others aren’t providing blinds, it’s up to you to use Sandstorm or Arcane Shield to get off a Meteor Shower; you must be self sustaining. This means you have to swap out Arcane Blast.

Self sustaining? For solo, of course. Being self sustaining in a group beats te purpose of being in a group.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Players I run into:
1. High deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
2. High deeps players who don’t die but can’t solo the dungeon.
3. High deeps players who die all the time unless everyone is playing max deeps.
4. Mid deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
5. Mid deeps players who don’t die but can’t solo dungeon.
6. Mid deeps players who die all the time unless the boss dies fast.
7. Low deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
8. Low deeps players who don’t die and couldn’t solo the dungeon.
9. Low deeps player who die all the time and are basically a drain to the party.

Meta bullies are almost exclusively #3. They are noobs, but pretend they aren’t cause they have zerker gear. 1s and 2s are the kind of people willing to carry 6s, 8s, and 9s. I met someone who normally solos arah but was puging because that is more of a challenge. He was a bit elitist and meta, but he was still fun to play with because he wasn’t shouting at people.

More and more people are falling into the #1 category which makes puging very pleasant.

My war is full Zoja’s, but I don’t like the zerker meta, so I use her to climb fractals. Easy content like dungeons, I’ll bring my 4s, (odd thing to censor?) 5s, and 8s.

That is so unfair.

A meta ele, for example, HAS to be number 3. Eles are sitting ducks while channeling their devastating attacks, which they have to cast while still having 25 stacks of might. If the boss isnt dead by the end of the cast, chances are it already killed the other ele, or you. You can play it safe, time your casts and be conservative, but then you wont do top damage and most likely the boss will be dead by the time you even olace vulnerability on him

I don’t agree with that 100%. Yes ellys can’t soak damage. If the group is stacking and others aren’t providing blinds, it’s up to you to use Sandstorm or Arcane Shield to get off a Meteor Shower; you must be self sustaining. This means you have to swap out Arcane Blast.

Self sustaining? For solo, of course. Being self sustaining in a group beats te purpose of being in a group.

But you expect everybody else to protect you? If others in the group don’t have blinds or already used theirs then you use yours. It is common place for an ele to to throw up sandstorm as a blind. It is pretty much meta in certain fractals.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Watching youtube does not make u experienced unless everything on the video is exactly how it is in the dungeon. Also i doubt its the experience since i got booted before we even entered the dungeon.

Of course watching youtube videos is not a solution.

Try starting your own LFGs. If that doesn’t work then you will have to just join zerker groups even if you don’t have the gear. They’ll get mad at you but it is partly there fault for making it impossible to run the dungeon unless you are zerker.

That’s a big IF. I’ve been in plenty of CoF runs that weren’t “zerker only”, but I play on American servers, it seems European servers take the meta more seriously.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I join groups that ask for gear pings just so I can block them, and then leave the group before ever entering the same instance.

Can’t see as that will help. Don’t you still see their groups in LFG? You’d be bound to waste time reentering the same groups.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Something a lot of us have to come to terms with is that we cannot control other players. We can’t control what they put in their lfg. We can’t control who joins our group. We can’t control who other people kick. We can’t control what other people say. We can’t control how other people play.

Does that mean LFG should be a random kitten-fest? Probably not. There can be order without control as long as mutual benefit comes about from the order. Do the zerker/meta/exp 8K+ AP groups benefit everyone else? No, all they do is inflate TP and gem price for everyone else. Do people who troll Zerker queue benefit everyone else? No, all we get there is spiteful meta-zerks trolling anyone welcomed groups and tons of other nonsense.

I don’t have a good answer to that dilemma. I can share some fun facts:
1. People can ping gear they don’t own.
2. Living story gave lots of AP while things like WvW or pure dungeon running give far less.
3. Many people have alt accounts that they dungeon on to get more dailies that will have less AP than their main one.
4. People can totally tell if you aren’t carrying your dps in a speedrun. Things can melt very fast.

Stop talking like those who play the meta and wish to speed run are bad for the game. They aren’t. They don’t inflate the TP. They aren’t that huge in numbers. If they were, don’t you think ANet would have not disbanded their dungeon team? Or reformed it? You do realize that of the aspects of this game, that dungeons receive the smallest amount of attention? That all they get are bug fixes. That would not be the case if they were large enough to affect TP prices and gem/gold ratios.

Go fuss at the players who sit in LA or wherever all day and play the Trading Post. Those are the ones who have the most control over TP prices. Not the dungeon speed run crowd. Go fuss at the players who don’t spend money on the game yet own the gem store for the high gold/gem ratios. They’re likely in Silverwastes. Not dungeons.

And don’t forget the spiteful casuals who troll the speed run groups. Stop acting like only the speed run players engage in trolling behavior.

And none of us can say which group of trolls is larger or if one is even larger than the other. So the only fair thing to say is for every one casual troll, there’s a zerk troll and for every zerk troll, there’s a casual troll. And both the zerk troll and the casual troll equally make the problem worse. They split the two groups apart even further than they naturally are.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Something a lot of us have to come to terms with is that we cannot control other players. We can’t control what they put in their lfg. We can’t control who joins our group. We can’t control who other people kick. We can’t control what other people say. We can’t control how other people play.

Does that mean LFG should be a random kitten-fest? Probably not. There can be order without control as long as mutual benefit comes about from the order. Do the zerker/meta/exp 8K+ AP groups benefit everyone else? No, all they do is inflate TP and gem price for everyone else. Do people who troll Zerker queue benefit everyone else? No, all we get there is spiteful meta-zerks trolling anyone welcomed groups and tons of other nonsense.

I don’t have a good answer to that dilemma. I can share some fun facts:
1. People can ping gear they don’t own.
2. Living story gave lots of AP while things like WvW or pure dungeon running give far less.
3. Many people have alt accounts that they dungeon on to get more dailies that will have less AP than their main one.
4. People can totally tell if you aren’t carrying your dps in a speedrun. Things can melt very fast.

Stop talking like those who play the meta and wish to speed run are bad for the game. They aren’t. They don’t inflate the TP. They aren’t that huge in numbers. If they were, don’t you think ANet would have not disbanded their dungeon team? Or reformed it? You do realize that of the aspects of this game, that dungeons receive the smallest amount of attention? That all they get are bug fixes. That would not be the case if they were large enough to affect TP prices and gem/gold ratios.

Go fuss at the players who sit in LA or wherever all day and play the Trading Post. Those are the ones who have the most control over TP prices. Not the dungeon speed run crowd. Go fuss at the players who don’t spend money on the game yet own the gem store for the high gold/gem ratios. They’re likely in Silverwastes. Not dungeons.

And don’t forget the spiteful casuals who troll the speed run groups. Stop acting like only the speed run players engage in trolling behavior.

And none of us can say which group of trolls is larger or if one is even larger than the other. So the only fair thing to say is for every one casual troll, there’s a zerk troll and for every zerk troll, there’s a casual troll. And both the zerk troll and the casual troll equally make the problem worse. They split the two groups apart even further than they naturally are.

He himself is a casual troll as you put it. He has already admitted to joining speedrun LFG searches just to block the people in the party. If he does this early enough and leaves the party he can actually disband the party and cause the LFG to go away. If I were anet I would have already suspended him for LFG abuse and harassment.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Of course watching youtube videos is not a solution.

Try starting your own LFGs. If that doesn’t work then you will have to just join zerker groups even if you don’t have the gear. They’ll get mad at you but it is partly there fault for making it impossible to run the dungeon unless you are zerker.

That’s a big IF. I’ve been in plenty of CoF runs that weren’t “zerker only”, but I play on American servers, it seems European servers take the meta more seriously.

well actually, watching youtube videos gives you a pretty decent idea of how a dungeon is going to work. when I hit 65 on tera, I basically watched a video of every dungeon I was interested in doing before I even joined groups doing them so I had a decent idea of what was expected of me and so I had a decent understanding of the boss mechanics, and it did wonders since I then knew what to expect.

and how will starting your own lfg not work in the first place? starting your own group will always work, it’s simply a case of how patient you are (which is why you’ll see lfgs labeling a path disappear much quicker than ones with a bunch of requirements). and no, if that “doesn’t work” then joining groups with berserker gear is not an option, since when is joining groups you don’t meet the requirements of ever what you should be doing when looking to pug a dungeon?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

@OP – Please do not join a group and expect the person who took the trouble to create the LFG post need to adhere by your personal inclinations. There are many reasons for that starting with reason #1, politeness/courtesy.

If the LFG ad is looking for meta and you do not like to play meta, don’t join the group. If LFG ad is asking for gear check and you don’t like that to happen, don’t join that group. As many suggested start your own group so that you can play the way you want.

The real issue of this kinda of LF L80 zerk or gear checks lie elsewhere. Many times people put up this type of request to get people who are geared. A player fully geared w/ messed up traitlines or not knowing DPS rotations or not knowing the fights is totally useless and counter-productive to the intent of this type of recruitment policies.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

if you don’t like it, don’t join it. simple as that
This game is not revolving around you

If ppl want to speed run at high effeciency, they are free to do so.

just cause you can’t handle it doesn’t make them bullies(unless they really are verbally harassing you. you need to join groups that say “slow/casual” instead.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Seera.5916

No one ever said it made you experienced. But when the person explaining the tactics talks, you’ve at least got an idea of what he is talking about.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

The issue here is twofold:

1. People generally shouldn’t try to dictate how other people play. If someone doesn’t want to play with non-zerker geared people, then don’t play with them if you don’t run zerker. On the flip side, if you don’t want label your group “zerker only”, don’t kitten and moan when non-zerkers show up.
  1. The way stats are balanced in this game (both how stats are balanced against eachother and how they interact with the content) is pretty much completely broken. It shouldn’t be the case that one stat so strongly outshines all others in any one game mode.
Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Stupid meta bullies ppl

stof.9341

Zerker isn’t one stat, it’s 3 stats.

And it’s not one stat that outshines other in PvE, it’s all the offensive type stats that outshine the defensive type stats.

Sinister might very well become meta for some classes/build soon. I heard that engineer condition might be more DPS than direct damage already. You’ll note that Sinister is 3 offensive stats too.

And why do offensive stats outshine defensive ones? Because they actually matter.

The defensive stats are purely passive benefits. The offensive ones require active actions from the user to matter. They are more skilled. If you put in place a meta where builds with 1 offensive+2 defensive stats are better than 3 offensive, essentially you are enforcing a situation where bad play is more efficient than good play.

I don’t see that happening ever.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Anet just need to finally wake up and add a random queue system.

It’s 2015, for goodness sake…

Then, people will get what they get and if they don’t like that, they can make/join guilds with likeminded people and run their pedantic, uptight hearts out with them.

…and open the flood gates for people trolling, griefing, afking?

Them floodgates be already open.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

MattyP.6954

And it’s not one stat that outshines other in PvE, it’s all the offensive type stats that outshine the defensive type stats.

Sinister might very well become meta for some classes/build soon. I heard that engineer condition might be more DPS than direct damage already. You’ll note that Sinister is 3 offensive stats too.

And why do offensive stats outshine defensive ones? Because they actually matter.

The defensive stats are purely passive benefits. The offensive ones require active actions from the user to matter. They are more skilled. If you put in place a meta where builds with 1 offensive+2 defensive stats are better than 3 offensive, essentially you are enforcing a situation where bad play is more efficient than good play.

Let’s put it this way: If stats were balanced against eachother, a duel between a Guardian with Nomad Stats and a Guardian with Berzerker Stats (skills, skill level, and traits being the same) should take about the same time as if both of the players had Celestial Stats. That is clearly not the case.

Running glass should be difficult, and, in PvE, it isn’t. Where’s the Risk/Reward calculus?

Server — Fort Aspenwood

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Running glass should be difficult, and, in PvE, it isn’t. Where’s the Risk/Reward calculus?

It was difficult. At launch people did not wear zerker to the degree that they do now. Its not a fault in the gear that people have had nearly three years to practice the same content over and over again.

Even things that are very difficult can become easy with repetition.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

stof.9341

Let’s put it this way: If stats were balanced against eachother, a duel between a Guardian with Nomad Stats and a Guardian with Berzerker Stats (skills, skill level, and traits being the same) should take about the same time as if both of the players had Celestial Stats. That is clearly not the case.

Most stats kind of work like that. Unfortunately, healing itself works on a whole different scale than other game mecanics. When the combo of your thoughness + healing allows you to survive a full healing skill cooldown cycle, you kind of achieve complete immunity to your attacker. Even if you aren’t close to immunity, you might get out of it a huge and disproportionate TTK.

There IS a reason why healing power scales soo poorly and this is it.

So, since healing doesn’t mesh well with the other stats, you end up with those “unbalanced” stats.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

The formula isn’t Risk = Reward.

It’s:

(Skill/Risk) * Experience = Reward

Once your skill and experience are high enough, even massive risks are mitigated.

You’re welcome.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Stupid meta bullies ppl

MattyP.6954

Most stats kind of work like that. Unfortunately, healing itself works on a whole different scale than other game mecanics. When the combo of your thoughness + healing allows you to survive a full healing skill cooldown cycle, you kind of achieve complete immunity to your attacker. Even if you aren’t close to immunity, you might get out of it a huge and disproportionate TTK.

There IS a reason why healing power scales soo poorly and this is it.

So, since healing doesn’t mesh well with the other stats, you end up with those “unbalanced” stats.

Why? Like any mechanic there’s counterplay. Why not interrupt the heal? Or poison? Or chill to increase the cd?

Server — Fort Aspenwood

Stupid meta bullies ppl

stof.9341

Why? Like any mechanic there’s counterplay. Why not interrupt the heal? Or poison? Or chill to increase the cd?

What’s your point here? You were talking about two completely skill balanced players. I don’t see a situation where they’ll both be completely unable to use any healing. Especially considering so much healing happens kind of passively.

Also, can a guardian even interrupt another guardian Shelter in the first place?

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Harper.4173

Are you aware that the state of the game in PvE 3 years after launch will be different from the state of the game at launch?

The risk is missing because 90% of the content has been done hundreds of times and players can basically rely on their knowledge and experience to survive.

At launch full glass was really really hard to play.

Sets are fine – we need MORE NEW CONTENT.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I play as a DD else because the play style fits me really well. but as the game is now if u join a team for dungeons they want only zerker.
Here is the thing today every one should run a specific build so you don’t get kicked or bullied when joining a team. its only the meta that is accepted. right now that say that a-net should remove serene stuff from the game cause you are just not accepted as a player if u run the “wrong” set.
i think a net need to fix this, cause the game was not build to stacking in a corner to kill a boss in 5 sec.
Kicking and yelling at ppl just because they don’t use the right weapon or sigils as i was bullied for. (just to try experimenting) This shouldn’t be okej.

I really like to play my DD byt today i risk getting a kik just for showing my character in a team.

I just wonder would it help if we removed stats from weapons and only use them on armor so we can play with something else than the meta staff, or if its wand focus now? Cause as the game is today i been called loots of evil words just for playing daggers and then kicked without getting a chance to show ppl that i can play. and often better than many ppl that complains some times.

We never get a chance and that need to change.

“Wand focus” =D this made me smile, fellow GW1 player, i complete agree with you.
I think this comes down to creating a custom LFG and stating something like “AC p1 – All builds welcome” this should bring in like minded people.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Warpinator.9860

Warpinator.9860

Zerker meta been like this since day 1

meta exist because people don’t want to spent 20min extra because some one have a non meta build

deal with it and blame casual gamers

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I think the biggest problem i’ve seen is elitist people join casual groups and expect them to go fast and rushes everyone. I think that’s where most of the issue is.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I think the biggest problem i’ve seen is elitist people join casual groups and expect them to go fast and rushes everyone. I think that’s where most of the issue is.

It happens both ways, but in my personal experience more frequently I’ve seen casuals try to force themselves into speed runs than speed runners trying to get casuals to speed up. If you only play casual runs, you’re going to see one side, if you only do speed runs, you’re just going to see that side. I do both casual and speed runs and very rarely have issues in either.

When I do see people complain in casual runs it’s usually after multiple wipes. That doesn’t mean that they are speed runners or elitists. They’re are plenty of players that are willing to go with anyone even at a slower pace as long as they are good enough to down the bosses.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Jerus.4350

Jerks are jerks. The people that respond to this type of thing by joining zerk groups just to grief are nothing but jerks as well.

This is a major point I dislike about this game and it’s community. Not only does ANet force people to play together in their open world, making it even worse with megaservers. But, you have a community that follows right along and believes that anyone wanting to play with certain types of people instead of everyone is somehow and evil that must be purged and feels morally right in annoying them. It’s pathetic. It’s why I still look at my old games as having a far better community no matter how many times I see people praise the GW2 playerbase. In my other games people respected eachother’s desires, following a live and let live mentality. It was very nice.

PS: ‘Who’ followed by ‘respond’ = kittenpond, the kitten filter never fails to entertain.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Aberrant.6749

Jerks are jerks. The people that respond to this type of thing by joining zerk groups just to grief are nothing but jerks as well.

This is a major point I dislike about this game and it’s community. Not only does ANet force people to play together in their open world, making it even worse with megaservers. But, you have a community that follows right along and believes that anyone wanting to play with certain types of people instead of everyone is somehow and evil that must be purged and feels morally right in annoying them. It’s pathetic. It’s why I still look at my old games as having a far better community no matter how many times I see people praise the GW2 playerbase. In my other games people respected eachother’s desires, following a live and let live mentality. It was very nice.

PS: ‘Who’ followed by ‘respond’ = kittenpond, the kitten filter never fails to entertain.

It’s a very small minority of players who believes that their style of play is superior to other styles of play. It’s an even smaller sub group of that who feel strongly enough to badmouth the other styles or ask for a style to be purged.

Tarnished Coast

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Jerus.4350

It’s a very small minority of players who believes that their style of play is superior to other styles of play. It’s an even smaller sub group of that who feel strongly enough to badmouth the other styles or ask for a style to be purged.

A minority that’s loud enough and prominent enough to be darn annoying though. It is over-exaggerated on the forums, but I’ve experienced enough of it personally to find it pretty sad. I’ve played this game for much much less time than my previous games and I’ve experienced these issues more already.

Of course, I’m still here playing, not trying to just badmouth the game, but I do think they approach things incorrectly here. Optional segregation is not a bad thing, in fact it’s a good thing when it can cut down on the social issues that cause threads like these.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

A minority that’s loud enough and prominent enough to be darn annoying though. It is over-exaggerated on the forums, but I’ve experienced enough of it personally to find it pretty sad. I’ve played this game for much much less time than my previous games and I’ve experienced these issues more already.

It’s pretty sad how far it’s gone.

Been playing FF14 for a while now and have yet to be verbally abused or directly made the butt of a joke for playing Bard(Archer). Guess how many times a week that happens in GW2 for playing a Ranger? I’m pretty sure it’s the one class in the game where you can have every weapon a Legendary and people will still laugh at how you wasted all that time.

That’s not to say that GW2 is bad all the time but at its best, it’s average, and at its worst, it’s a game that makes me happy I can take a break and not be wasting sub fee money.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Jerus.4350

Absolutely, and rangers aren’t even bad! There are a LOT of poorly played rangers out there, but the profession’s potential isn’t anything to complain about. Hell, in PVP/WvW I constantly hear people complaining about being killed by them. And in PVE spotter + decent damage and some other possible utility they are quite nice as far as I’m concerned.

But this game has a very different social structure around it. I can’t help but feel that it’s limited content plays a part in that.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Aberrant.6749

Absolutely, and rangers aren’t even bad! There are a LOT of poorly played rangers out there, but the profession’s potential isn’t anything to complain about. Hell, in PVP/WvW I constantly hear people complaining about being killed by them. And in PVE spotter + decent damage and some other possible utility they are quite nice as far as I’m concerned.

But this game has a very different social structure around it. I can’t help but feel that it’s limited content plays a part in that.

If you’re looking to make a fast and efficient run, kicking ranges because there are so many bad rangers out there is an understandable thing to do. Anyone welcome type parties would be glad to have you though.

In PvP I don’t hear many complaints about rangers anymore. That’s all ele and mesmer now.

WvW… is WvW. People complain about everything under the sun in WvW because of how severely imbalanced that game mode is.

I agree how the dev’s have decided to do gw2 has limited content, GW2 caters far more to the casual crowd than it does to the hardcore crowd. There aren’t very many hard things to do for experienced gamers.

Verbal abuse is never warranted regardless of how you wish to play or your class though. Unfortunately trolls and harassers exist in all games (please report them), but I see fewer in GW2 than I do in most other games.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Substance E.4852

If you’re looking to make a fast and efficient run, kicking ranges because there are so many bad rangers out there is an understandable thing to do. Anyone welcome type parties would be glad to have you though.

Which I get personally though I’d say it’s more of an issue of it’s easy to be bad on the Ranger where as other classes don’t show bad play nearly as much.

It’s Anet’s blatant “we don’t give a kitten” attitude to what’s been going on for this long that bugs me.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The way stats are balanced in this game (both how stats are balanced against eachother and how they interact with the content) is pretty much completely broken. It shouldn’t be the case that one stat so strongly outshines all others in any one game mode.

Thanks so much for deciding for everyone that speed of kill is the only criterion by which a stat prefix should be judged. On behalf of all those who prefer other sets because they like them (for whatever reason), because they prefer a little passive mitigation, because their character concept is more important than speed, and doubtless many other reasons which I am unaware of, I’d like to express our heartfelt gratitude for setting us straight.

/satire off

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Seera.5916

Zerker meta been like this since day 1

meta exist because people don’t want to spent 20min extra because some one have a non meta build

deal with it and blame casual gamers

Don’t blame the casual gamers. Don’t blame the meta/zerk players either.

Blame the lack of new dungeon content to keep dungeon players on their toes. The meta is only as fine tuned as it is for dungeons because the content is stale.

Since all players, casual and meta alike, have been forced to run the same dungeons over and over and over again, it only increases the divide between the two groups.

Because the two groups have a different tolerance for mistakes and a different response towards them. A lot of the responses in direct opposition to each other. Meta groups will tend to kick rangers. Casual groups will at least give them a shot before kicking them. On average at least.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

With this golem week event turning wvw into something horrible for the week, i’ve been on the forums alot more than usual, and I just wanted to thank you all for keeping me entertained as I read this wonderfull thread. 10/10 would read all of this again. Btw, (i think his name was marthakus or something) please block me i do not wish to ever be in the same group. lol.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

With this golem week event turning wvw into something horrible for the week, i’ve been on the forums alot more than usual, and I just wanted to thank you all for keeping me entertained as I read this wonderfull thread. 10/10 would read all of this again. Btw, (i think his name was marthakus or something) please block me i do not wish to ever be in the same group. lol.

My Gw2 experience is steadily improving.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

“Making impossible to run the dungeon unless you are zerker” WHAT ?

Do you even try ? Did you ever made a “all welcome” lfg ? Those fill faster than Zerker parties, even in high levels fractals (sometimes i start a meta group, sometimes all welcome). And i don’t talk about prime time.

Join a party without meeting the requirements of said party (whatever those requirements are) : GET REKT. That’s all you deserve.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

stof.9341

Been playing FF14 for a while now and have yet to be verbally abused or directly made the butt of a joke for playing Bard(Archer). Guess how many times a week that happens in GW2 for playing a Ranger? I’m pretty sure it’s the one class in the game where you can have every weapon a Legendary and people will still laugh at how you wasted all that time.

That’s not to say that GW2 is bad all the time but at its best, it’s average, and at its worst, it’s a game that makes me happy I can take a break and not be wasting sub fee money.

Maybe you should stop using longbow #4 at importune situations (or just plain stop using it), and switch away from your bear? Also, take the Spotter trait.

My ranger never got verbally abused in dungeons.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I have enter dungeons as ranger before, but before it starts, I was asked if I have an elementalist or warrior. I was “forced” to change to my elementalist if not, I guess they probably would have kicked me because of that. sigh.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I have enter dungeons as ranger before, but before it starts, I was asked if I have an elementalist or warrior. I was “forced” to change to my elementalist if not, I guess they probably would have kicked me because of that. sigh.

There just isn’t enough information here to know why you’ve been asked. There could have been another ranger already, they wanted the indisputably higher dps and utility of elementalist, the lfg could have pointed out that they needed elementalist.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Harper.4173

Most people don’t like rangers because of ranger pets. It’s not the ranger’s pet – it’s the game design that makes it so.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Yeah OP you’re being victimized because you can’t play how you want, what a disgusting game filled with disgusting burzerker elitisters GG

very special guild tag [tX]

Stupid meta bullies ppl

SirDrygan.1823

There just isn’t enough information here to know why you’ve been asked. There could have been another ranger already, they wanted the indisputably higher dps and utility of elementalist, the lfg could have pointed out that they needed elementalist.

It was before there was a LFG. :P
And I was the only ranger. :P

We were using the map chat to LFG. It was that kind of time. And they didn’t mentioned they any requirements.

(edited by SirDrygan.1823)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Substance E.4852

Maybe you should stop using longbow #4 at importune situations (or just plain stop using it), and switch away from your bear? Also, take the Spotter trait.

My ranger never got verbally abused in dungeons.

I don’t, but thanks for being a good Ranger and perpetuating the stereotype all the same.

I’ve had people insult my intelligence for simply playing the class at all, regardless of my build.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

SirDrygan.1823

Most people don’t like rangers because of ranger pets. It’s not the ranger’s pet – it’s the game design that makes it so.

That is why I can’t get any precursor drop from dungeons because I can’t use my ranger to do dungeons. (my ranger is the only one that drops Precursors. 3 times already) No one wants them. And it was before the LFG tool was launched. Now, even WORST. ;P

I main an Ele, so it was no problem getting into dungeons as they love me so much. The only time I got kick was in a Fractals. I was lagging so much, they can’t stand it. Or was it they just wanted to bring in a guildie. Whichever, I don’t really cared. My connection was killing it anyways.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

The older the game gets without having any real changes to, or new, dungeons then the larger the speedrun/meta group will become. More people will simply want to run through the dungeon for the 500th time solely for the reward. I don’t speedrun but that’s not to say I won’t ever join the club.

Two problems, we need a steady supply of new dungeons and people need to be clearer on their lfg messages. Not sure either of these things will ever happen so the speedrun group will grow ever larger and the players of the two opposing styles will continue to annoy each other.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.