Stupidest thing you've done ingame

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

According to a guildie: I chose a Sunless longbow for my Ranger.
How this went down: I got a Tequatl’s Hoard from teq. I already had ascended weapons on my mesmer main, so the only place it would be useful was on my ranger. ranger already had a wupwup shortbow from another ascended chest a while ago, so I saw it as replacing the exotic longbow with an ascended longbow.
Why I guess it was stupid: sunless weapons have Rabid stats (Cond / prec / tough), and longbow on a ranger doesn’t apply any conditions. At the time, I knew I would of preferred berserker stats, but I wasn’t too picky and just preferred full ascended.

Now I’m actually curious which deals more damage… exotic berserker longbow, or ascended rabid longbow. They both have prec, but berserker has power and ferocity while ascended has 42 more base damage. I have a feeling the berserker is more. Which begs the question: rare berserker longbow vs. ascended rabid longbow?

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Besides silly things like jumping to my death, I recently spent a lot of guild buying traits in PVE when I wanted them for pvp. I’ve also leveled 6 80s and geared them all with full exotic, but 3 of those 80s are almost entirely untouched since they were made, which was a waste of time and gold.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Transmuted all of my T3 Norn cultural heavy armor the day before they announced the wardrobe system.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I sold the hunter when I first got it for 400g and I (even though it’s over a year since I got it) am seeing it at almost 1k gold and know I should have been much more patient. Also I spent over 800g (almost all I had) at once on the MF to try to get zap…. I got absolutely nothing worth mentioning and to make it worse I realised I could have just bought it off the TP at about the same price!

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Followed a WvW commander off a cliff. Everyone died.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i crafted an aether a little after collections came out when there were 0 on the tp

…there it still sits at 795g… hidden from my personal view of my listings page by the 100k scarlet pots i bought and relisted for tp storage, but still taunting me every time i look at the price of aether.

one day it wont be a mistake!!!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

The Mystic Forge.

Have we stopped calling it The Toilet?

Posted by: foufos.4809

foufos.4809

oooohhhh, i must share that one….i once (before a year) put in the mystic toilet 4 precursors (bard, chosen,venom and scepter pre) because i wanted the Hammer precursor!!! i ended up with just a simple exotic GS.

I know…wise decision by me!!!

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Buy stuff at the store worth hundreds of dollars to support an uncaring company only interested in milking us dry. Trust me it will never happen again.

Posted by: Maximian.2395

Maximian.2395

Followed a WvW commander off a cliff. Everyone died.

LMFAO, …that made me burst out of laughter. xD

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

A friendly mesmer was offering a troll’s end port so I headed over there. He jumped down with his portal, and I pressed F to get to the top. However, when I pressed F to open the chest, the game took the portal first and sent me back down to the bottom just as the portal closed. I sighed and waited for the next portal. This time, I waited for the exit portal to go away before I moved, but as I moved towards the chest, my finger slipped and I hit the V dodge key instead. I dodge-rolled my way off the platform and back onto the ground below. At this point I started crying in shame but the mesmer just laughed and dropped another portal for me.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Open hundreds of chests on my level 5 toon. The loot was able to contain precursors, ascended, etc. But we all know, opening on a lvl 5 toon yields level 5 results.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Transmuted all of my T3 Norn cultural heavy armor the day before they announced the wardrobe system.

oh, I did similar too!
months before the wardrobe, I bought 1 of every cultural armor, got the fashion ach, then sold the armor to the npc. that was pretty stupid in itself, but then I had the achievement and not a single one of the skins unlocked in the wardrobe. I suggested they unlock all the skins for people who had the achievement, because they must of had the skin at some point because they had the ach, but it never happened.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Spent 300 gold upgrading to full exotics on multiple chars just before they announced Ascended…

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Just happened now, went against a 3v1 in WvW next to a tower, owned by my world…but did I go inside? NO! I STAYED OUTSIDE! Granted, I got one down, second was on his way, and then from left field THIEF! SKULL FEAR! DOWN! STEALTH STOMP!

….so yeah, I should have gone in the tower BEFORE engaging.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Over 1000g thrown into the mystic forge, and that’s without counting the rares I found. :I

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

According to a guildie: I chose a Sunless longbow for my Ranger.
How this went down: I got a Tequatl’s Hoard from teq. I already had ascended weapons on my mesmer main, so the only place it would be useful was on my ranger. ranger already had a wupwup shortbow from another ascended chest a while ago, so I saw it as replacing the exotic longbow with an ascended longbow.
Why I guess it was stupid: sunless weapons have Rabid stats (Cond / prec / tough), and longbow on a ranger doesn’t apply any conditions. At the time, I knew I would of preferred berserker stats, but I wasn’t too picky and just preferred full ascended.

Now I’m actually curious which deals more damage… exotic berserker longbow, or ascended rabid longbow. They both have prec, but berserker has power and ferocity while ascended has 42 more base damage. I have a feeling the berserker is more. Which begs the question: rare berserker longbow vs. ascended rabid longbow?

Berserker is far more damage.
(Yep, I’m just passing by to say that- though, to answer the question, I guess our 5 necros/ 5 mesmers runs were quite high in the stupidity level)

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t really regret anything I’ve done in GW2, although I do wish that I’d saved up all those stacks of Silk instead of just vendoring them to the merchant for 22.5 silver. :P

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Spent 2 BL tickets and accidentally double clicked on 2 skins that were worth far less than the 2 I was intending to buy.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Open hundreds of chests on my level 5 toon. The loot was able to contain precursors, ascended, etc. But we all know, opening on a lvl 5 toon yields level 5 results.

You should have received level 14 greens mostly.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Bought Abyss dye(s) for probably 19 of my characters, (took time to save up money back then to get this nice dye), and then I heard about the Wardrobe system......

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Not fully invest all of my gold into strength runes before the ferocity patch. That was the dumbest decision ever. ;_;

If it makes you feel any better, I realized how OP they were from the preview and picked up a stack for 80s each.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

sold zap for 20g to buy 3 abyss dyes

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

The video in my signature.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Sold Sam for 175g.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Grin. I have done a lot of stupid things but this takes the cake.

I was expecting a birthday scroll, and I was going to so so organized.

My plan was to craft her to 80 so weeks before it was expected to arrive, I got all my crafting stuffs ready, I bought a slot and made my new character. I used another character to craft level 80 exotics and ruby trinkets, I even swiped some of the endless gathering tools and loaded them onto her.

This is where my memory grows fuzzy as this happened a year ago. I had let so much time go inbetween the making of the character and the receiving of the scroll that I had forgotten I had given her the endless tools.

When I received the scroll, I had a different idea for the character….moved the level 80 stuffs into my bank, moved her bags into my bank..and deleted her.

Did I say I had forgotten about the endless gathering tools????

They got deleted

I then realized that my only Dreamthistle tool was among the deleted tools

I did contact support with my problem…I admitted I was in error and only wanted the Dreamthistle back as I only had the one…but they refused saying I should have been more careful…and they were right, I should have not been so gung ho.

So that is my stupidest thing that stands out the most…that and going two years before realizing that I had to put a sigil into my aqua breather in order to get the 6th bonus underwater.

Lisa-Shaking her head.

Posted by: kyrmana.5679

kyrmana.5679

Sold my jetpack for 100g when it came out

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Made so many characters.

The introduction of Ascended, and how it punished those with multiple alts, was the start of the slippery slope to me losing faith in GW2.

I remember when I would rush home to play this game, now I can barely stand to log in to collect LS episodes.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I put expensive runes on temple armor.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I just converted a ton of green planks into dowels when I meant to create green planks from logs to promote to soft planks.

I swear the crafting recipes in the crafting screen get randomize every session. Why put green dowels at the bottom after green planks? You need planks to get dowels, and every other green wood item.

Grrr.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I just converted a ton of green planks into dowels when I meant to create green planks from logs to promote to soft planks.

I swear the crafting recipes in the crafting screen get randomize every session. Why put green dowels at the bottom after green planks? You need planks to get dowels, and every other green wood item.

Grrr.

I have wondered what was the point of the materials and such shuffling around every time too. Why make things more difficult than necessary?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Did mystic flushing on and off for a while. Got a precursor hammer. Was elated. Sold it so I could buy some cool stuff. Spent about 2/3 of what I got from selling it and then blew the rest on more flushing.

Opened a bunch of ToT bags on halloween, when I could have sold them. Got nothing significant to show for it.

Several times I’ve gone to buy Berserker gear from the WvW merchant and accidentally bought a few pieces of Soldiers before I caught on to what I was doing. Soldiers is good anyway, so I just hung onto the pieces and bought Berserker also.

Discovered the JP in Lion’s Arch early on through pure accident. Somehow got through most of it unscathed. Then I got to the spikes part and threw caution to the wind. The wind laughed at me and I died. Even a revive orb couldn’t get me going again where I died. It eventually got me up and then I instantly died again.

Went into hot-join PvP thinking it might actually have something akin to balance.

Rolled a mesmer for my first character.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I salvaged and transmuted over a LOT of quality stuff before the wardrobe and dungeon armour collections were added, thus losing out on skins and a couple achievements.

Biggest regret is missing out on a couple TP opportunities. Back when Super skins were dirt cheap I thought to myself “These’ll be worth a fortune someday.” but never bothered to stock up on them. Ah well.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Paid cash for gems.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

selling pre patch items before post patch. then they increase in value x1000.

(i had a stack of hoelbrak runes)

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Stupidest thing I have done is assume that if I pay real money for gems, it will make the game better. The gold-gems exchange should never have been. It allows the company to imagine they are developing free content out of altruism while still getting paid out of what, generosity?

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Purchase a crate of Nomads gear thinking that I was getting a set of 6 pieces only to get the recipes which I had to relist at a loss.

Posted by: striderpak.9246

striderpak.9246

The Mystic Forge.