Sub-level 80 100% World Completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inferno Archer.3042

Inferno Archer.3042

Quite a while ago there was a rumor about the sub-lvl 80 world completion floating around the forum. (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Sub-level-80-world-map-completion/first#post1742761)

At first I was fairly sure it was impossible, but at the same time I thought it was fairly interesting and that I should give it a go and see if it really is possible at all. And so after 140+ hours and 800+ deaths I managed to fully explore the whole map, and I was only at level 68 (level 69 after claiming all the reward chests that were left over).
http://i.imgur.com/y2EgV5k.jpg

The general idea is to avoid combat at all costs while doing tasks and skill challenges and picking the thief class is essential in order to survive while doing the communing skill challenges with Shadow Refuge and other skills and traits that give you stealth. I found that it’s possible to avoid killing anything in every single task apart from two, one in Gendarran Fields and one in Iron Marches. There may be a way around but I didn’t find any.

If I have enough time I will make a fleshed out guide for those who are interested / if there is anyone interested in the first place.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

That was a interesting challenge you set yourself and not very easy to do, well done!

You must have a lot of patience…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Wow, that’s awesome. Great job!

Posted by: iHungeri.4096

iHungeri.4096

140+ hours and 800+ deaths

i salute you. well done.

will pay for a dolly rocket booster

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

There should be an achievement for that

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I love the idea of pacifism runs Always thought it was great there is usually a non-combat option for every heart

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

nice job op. my playstyle i could never do it

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

That is really amazing, grats.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Whenever someone complains that the game is too easy, link to this thread.

Posted by: DownPour.5903

DownPour.5903

Really nice job.

Just curious though, you seem to be lacking some in gear. Was this also a part of the playthrough?

Desolation

Inferno Archer.3042

Really nice job.

Just curious though, you seem to be lacking some in gear. Was this also a part of the playthrough?

There are 2 reasons why my gear is weak. First, I don’t really need a ton of armor as the point is to avoid every possible unnecessary engagement, meaning that the damage I’ll be taking is either next to none or enough to down me no matter what kind of armor I am wearing. Occasionally I was running around in my underwear and I was still able to explore the area with moderate success.

Second, I’m not killing any mobs, so I won’t get any loot in the first place. I bought a few pieces of armor from the Trading Post every now and then, but for the most part I didn’t find the benefits worth the trouble to upgrade every 3 levels or so.

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

Doesn’t skill points challenges count for completion, some nasty ones in Orr even for lvl 80s so if you didn’t do this solo, what’s the point anyone with a guild/friends any lvl could do it if they wanted.

Inferno Archer.3042

Doesn’t skill points challenges count for completion, some nasty ones in Orr even for lvl 80s so if you didn’t do this solo, what’s the point anyone with a guild/friends any lvl could do it if they wanted.

I did have a friend help me out on 4 skill challenges in Orr. I’d say that some of the skill points are nearly impossible to solo as an underleveled thief, but I bet someone could pull it off with enough skill and patience. The middlemost skill point in Cursed Shore proved to be especially difficult even with 2 fairly experienced players. However, I don’t think it’s pointless or dumb to do a few skill challenges with guildies and friends.

raiden.9024

Kinda voids the challenge tho. Plus how did you not hit 80 long before Orr you did all hearts and skill points locations vista they all give exp.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

That’s awesome. Its funny reading the posts on that thread saying it is impossible but yet you proved them wrong. That definitely requires a lot of patience as I’m having trouble getting world completion on my character and yes at level 80. Its just so time consuming. How long did it take you? I get that it was 140+ hours but how many days was that for you? Or months?

raiden.9024

Would been better with a video or stream screenshots can be edited.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Would been better with a video or stream screenshots can be edited.

So can videos. I don’t think he’s lying though.

Inferno Archer.3042

Kinda voids the challenge tho. Plus how did you not hit 80 long before Orr you did all hearts and skill points locations vista they all give exp.

I’m not entirely sure if it voids the challenge since as far as I know it’s the first of it’s kind.

The skill point I was referring to previously which is in the middle of the Winterkneel Labyrinth has the skill challenge mob itself along with a Veteran Risen Plaguebearer, a Rotmouth with a relatively quick respawn time and a few risen mobs. It requires pinpoint accurate movement just to avoid the attacks they’re throwing at you. On top of that you should get the challenge done.

I can’t really see a way how you could solo it no matter how I look at it. There just isn’t enough space to maneuver around and lose the aggro of the other foes.

Inferno Archer.3042

That’s awesome. Its funny reading the posts on that thread saying it is impossible but yet you proved them wrong. That definitely requires a lot of patience as I’m having trouble getting world completion on my character and yes at level 80. Its just so time consuming. How long did it take you? I get that it was 140+ hours but how many days was that for you? Or months?

I created this character on the 25th of December 2013 and I was done in 25 days on the 19th of January.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Wow nice work! Tbh I have commented on this on various posts and truly thought that it would be impossible due to the amount of exp each map/area etc gives. Thank you for doing this, I may have to give it a shot myself now just to see how it plays out.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: WRay.2391

WRay.2391

I’m not entirely sure if it voids the challenge since as far as I know it’s the first of it’s kind.

The skill point I was referring to previously which is in the middle of the Winterkneel Labyrinth has the skill challenge mob itself along with a Veteran Risen Plaguebearer, a Rotmouth with a relatively quick respawn time and a few risen mobs. It requires pinpoint accurate movement just to avoid the attacks they’re throwing at you. On top of that you should get the challenge done.

I can’t really see a way how you could solo it no matter how I look at it. There just isn’t enough space to maneuver around and lose the aggro of the other foes.

Yeah, one of the most nasty SP for the thief. Even soloing on lvl 80.
Gratz btw