[Sug.] Gemstore- increased guild slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I dunno if theres been a thread about it, but itd be nice to see gemstore upgrades to the amount of guilds u can join.
Unless its impossible to implement i guess

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d pay gems for this.

A lot of people have asked for this. When it’s come up in other forum threads, some have questioned why anyone would want 6+ guilds (some seem perturbed at the very idea). I can’t see any harm to the existing guild structure and lots of potential benefit for those interested (and ANet). The only question is: how easy would it be to design, test, implement, and maintain?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I’d pay gems for this.

A lot of people have asked for this. When it’s come up in other forum threads, some have questioned why anyone would want 6+ guilds (some seem perturbed at the very idea). I can’t see any harm to the existing guild structure and lots of potential benefit for those interested (and ANet). The only question is: how easy would it be to design, test, implement, and maintain?

I cant see any reason why any1 would dispise the idea. Especially if its gated behind gems or smth

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The reason(s) are all those posted when it was first announced there would be the opportunity to join multiple guilds.

One of those reasons is some feel it waters down guilds; less opportunity to be ‘loyal’, etc. There’s always a reason to feel some particular feature of the game is unsuitable for someone.

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

I’d pay gems for this.

I cant see any reason why any1 would dispise the idea. Especially if its gated behind gems or smth

One reason, pay to win.

Currently, the only banking option we have is guild halls – where we can deposit gold / items / other stuff. If you allow guild slots to be sold via gemstore, you’re essentially selling guild halls via the gem store, allowing people who monopolise the market to take it even further because they can hide more of their assets away.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I’d pay gems for this.

One reason, pay to win.

Currently, the only banking option we have is guild halls – where we can deposit gold / items / other stuff. If you allow guild slots to be sold via gemstore, you’re essentially selling guild halls via the gem store, allowing people who monopolise the market to take it even further because they can hide more of their assets away.

Not really, more guild slots achieves nothing economically you can’t do today with alt accounts.

Also – “hide more assets away”? In what way are assets more hidden in a guild bank than in an account bank? And hidden from who? Not like there’s a Tyrian IRS…

(edited by Tanner Blackfeather.6509)

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

I’d pay gems for this.

One reason, pay to win.

Not really, more guild slots achieves nothing economically you can’t do today with alt accounts.

Also – “hide more assets away”? In what way are assets more hidden in a guild bank than in an account bank? And hidden from who? Not like there’s a Tyrian IRS…

I don’t mean hide in the literal sense, I just mean in extreme banking type of style. haha

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The reason(s) are all those posted when it was first announced there would be the opportunity to join multiple guilds.

One of those reasons is some feel it waters down guilds; less opportunity to be ‘loyal’, etc. There’s always a reason to feel some particular feature of the game is unsuitable for someone.

This.

Honestly speaking, Gw2 is possibility the first mmorpg that made guild membership and guild itself so worthless.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I don’t mean hide in the literal sense, I just mean in extreme banking type of style. haha

Still, what does an extra guild slot accomplish, in relation to trading/storage, that isn’t accomplished at least as good (probably better) by an extra character?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Actually, people have posted since that they don’t like the idea of expanding beyond 5 guilds.

This.

Honestly speaking, Gw2 is possibility the first mmorpg that made guild membership and guild itself so worthless.

No, it didn’t for me — it made guild membership more valuable. In other games, being stuck to one guild means that organization has to cover everything important.

In GW2, I can join a guild for WvW, for fractals, for raids, with people I know from GW1, and for guild missions. I’d also like to have room for a training guild (where I’m one of the mentors), a training guild (where I’m one of the students), separate out havoc from organized WvW, and so on.

I rarely find that any single guild can satisfy more than 1-2 of those interests of mine.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure the poster asked why anyone would not be opposed to expanding the limit on Guilds, but rather why anyone would be opposed. Thus, some posters tried to answer with the reasons why others would be opposed. Doesn’t mean anyone providing the answers felt the reasons were valid, or not, one way or the other.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

This.

No, it didn’t for me — it made guild membership more valuable. In other games, being stuck to one guild means that organization has to cover everything important.

In GW2, I can join a guild for WvW, for fractals, for raids, with people I know from GW1, and for guild missions. I’d also like to have room for a training guild (where I’m one of the mentors), a training guild (where I’m one of the students), separate out havoc from organized WvW, and so on.

I rarely find that any single guild can satisfy more than 1-2 of those interests of mine.

If people are using their guild slots like how you are using, sure, it is really ok but we don’t live in a perfect world with wonderful people. There are many who simply join many guilds of the same type. To give you some example, one guy join 4 pve guilds or 4 raid guilds or 4 wvw guilds and so on. People like that are using guilds like a LFG, it makes the value of the guild worthless and for most part, contributing nothing to the guilds they are part of.

Also, if my words don’t matter, sure, read this thread in ESO about wanting more than 5 guilds
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330722/we-need-more-than-5-guilds-who-agrees

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

People like that are using guilds like a LFG, it makes the value of the guild worthless and for most part, contributing nothing to the guilds they are part of.

Most definitely not. Guilds who are looking to create and maintain strong communities will and have always filetered out memebrs who dont follow rep rules, are inactive or just seem to use the guild bonuses for their own interest.

Then who’s to say how a guild is supposed to be used apart from the one who created the guild in the first place? There are tons of guilds whose sole purpose is one specific piece of content and not to create a community.