{Sug}Hero Panel add Toys & Tools Tabs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Please add inside the hero panel a new tab to go right under Finishers called Toys. The Toy tab will include all the instruments, balloons, kites, mounts(aka broom/carpet/tunneling), Drop items like the Water Fight Balloon Bucket, Bobblehead Laboratory, and Belcher’s Bluff tables and all Tonics.
This new tab will allow you to add all of these items the same way minis are added to their tab and once added you will select which toy you want to use within the tab. For this to function properly, add a new toggle button which can be assigned inside the control options. Once an item is toggled on you would still use the current button on the skill bar to disable the item, this is however up to discussion to the advantage of using the toggle button to be pressed a second time to turn the item off might be included as well.

Please add inside the hero panel a new tab to go right under Toys called Tools. This new tab would be a place to put all your gathering equipment and future tools as they become available.
Tools will be added to the tab the same way that minis are added to their tab. You will then be able to toggle between the three gathering tools you want to display on each character. If the tools you are using are not permanent they will stack up allowing as many uses as you have available. Having more than one set of a permanent set will need discussion as what should be done if you had purchased more than one set, although owning a set that has a different visual display would not go under this, as having more visuals might be appealing to some.

Please upgrade the hero panel Equipment tab to add the functionality as listed from all the other tabs to allow toggling Account Bound Accessories, Rings, Amulets and Account Bound Armors for each character. These items would be added to the Equipment tab much the same way Minis are added to its tab. There is a need for discussion on how Gem’s, Runes and Sigils will be placed onto these items if the item is shared on more than one character, should gems, runes, sigils have the ability to permanently added to equipment and being able once added you can change to other gems, runes, sigils on the fly.

Gummy.4278

tl;dr: add the same functionality tabs for toys and gathering tools in their own tabs that minis and finishers gets. Also update all the account bound accessories, rings, amulets, and armor to use the same functionality inside the equipment tab.

Gummy.4278

like to see some feedback and discussion on the points i made.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I like it, anything that helps keep my bank a lil more organized I’m all for it. If Anet did something for account bound stuff* in a feature pack hopefully we can get an option for a second bar for toys, gadgets, food, & boosts to go along with your idea.

Attachments:

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Did here someone got inspired by my Item Logistics Thread???

hehe ^^

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Gummy.4278

I like it, anything that helps keep my bank a lil more organized I’m all for it. If Anet did something for account bound stuff* in a feature pack hopefully we can get an option for a second bar for toys, gadgets, food, & boosts to go along with your idea.

I think with the addition of the way things are being done within the hero panel tabs, as in the mini goes away after you add it and becomes available to any toon on the account this is the way to include all of these toy type items.

As far as the second bar for consumables on screen, I had already suggested along time ago that they Not add it like you pictured it. Instead, to add another button to toggle 6 7 8 9 0 the same way we have a toggle button for weapon switching. Big difference would be that this button would have to be held down and at the same time you press the number to eat or use whatever consumable was in corresponding number, if you let go of the button it would go right back to the skills bar to keep from being attacked with the consumable bar open and not being able to defend yourself with healing and non weapons skills. This bar would include Nourishment’s, Alcohol, Bundles(which Anet might as well taken them out of the game after this last secret nerf done to them), Blueprints, & Boosts. Tonics would not go here as they would be in my suggested place the Toys tab.
Also I wanted a third button to toggle the whole bar 1-0 with a emote bar that would allow you to insert /emote icons into the bar you use constantly with the same hold+number and once you let go of the toggle button it goes automatically back to the skill bar.

Gummy.4278

After contemplation on the part about the Runes, Sigils, Gems, and Infusions. I think the best way to handle this is to have a new socket added in the Equipment section dedicated to them. So instead of actually placing the gem onto the Amulets/Ring/Accessories/Backpack you would slot them into a slot dedicated to them right next to the item slot. Also this would allow you to re-Gem all you would do is take a new Gem with the stats you desire and click it into the slot the old gem would then fall out of the slot safely back into your bag. This would apply to runes, sigils, and infusions as well.
Now if you had a ring that had and offensive Infusion slot and in your Infusion slot you had a defensive ability you would not receive that infusion ability. Furthermore, if the slot was available and you tried to apply a defensive infusion into the infusion slot of a offensive ring the the infusion would highlight as red and it would not fall into place.
This would require anet to revamp all the equipment to take away slots on them and place the slots for there allotment on the toon instead in the equipment tab.

The Main thing here is you will be able to pull off runes and replace them cost effectively without fear of losing your investment into them. SO with that being said, Please add a Runes/Sigils/Infusions Tab maybe call it Upgrades so that you can store these items ready to switch.

Maybe also add more functionality by allowing us to store templates of our current Gear setup that could be toggled by picking the stats you want out of combat.