(Sug)Master Recipe Books

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I don’t know how well this will be received by the community, but here goes nothing.

What if they added Master Recipe Books into the game somehow, that would unlock all the unknown recipes for each different Craft Profession. I don’t mean like for instance a recipe that a chef has to take a food and stuff to the mystic forge to get the recipe to make it in bulk to drop for your party. Just the Discoveries.

When I say somehow, it could be done several ways like drops from big bosses like Teq. or you can get it after you max the craft or my least favorite idea gems.

Also what happens when you double click on the Master Chef Recipe Book and you learn all the recipes that you did not unlock prior to. Does it give you a rush of exp?

I will let the community that wants to support the idea iron out what details this should follow for a proper addition to the game.

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

Gummy.4278

one and bump ….made this at midnight on sunday…was hoping for some discussion.

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I think one problem is that some people would buy it, and then wonder why it’s so hard to level up their crafting skill.

If it existed, I admit I’d be interested in it for chef. I just think it will cause more problems for them than it solves for us.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

Gummy.4278

I think one problem is that some people would buy it, and then wonder why it’s so hard to level up their crafting skill.

no see if you got one of these, they would give the same crafting and leveling exp as if you did the discovery or maybe I am not following your meaning…Is that to over powered to just learn all the discoveries you missed and still get exp?

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Something like this would need to require you to already be level 500, and be used to just unlock all the other recipes that you’ve not got discovered.

If you could use it on a level 0 cook and get all the experience that you would have got by making the discoveries for real, your cook would gain 10ish character levels and would most likely also instantly reach level 500 in cooking.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I would prefer having a greyed-out list of available recipes in the crafting interface so that we know if there is a recipe we have not unlocked yet.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Something like this would need to require you to already be level 500, and be used to just unlock all the other recipes that you’ve not got discovered.

If you could use it on a level 0 cook and get all the experience that you would have got by making the discoveries for real, your cook would gain 10ish character levels and would most likely also instantly reach level 500 in cooking.

Well you can only have 400 in cooking currently, but I do agree with what you say. If such a thing were to be implemented, it would have to require the maximum crafting level. Thus, it’s not used as something to level you, but something for you to discover the discoverable recipes that you “missed” or whatnot on your way up to the maximum crafting level.

(Sug)Master Recipe Books

Gummy.4278

ok I can live with that, once you hit 400 on crafting these potential books could then be used and it would still apply all the exp, seems like a fair trade off to prevent abuse.