[Sugg] Changeable sigils on legendary

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

So I just made my first legendary, Incinerator, and I love it. Changeable stats wherever I want so long as I’m out of combat, it looks super cool, has a sweet footfall effect, even emits a bit of ambient light.
All in all I’m happy with it and I don’t expect anything more from a legendary.
However, I thought to myself that there could be a really neat additional feature with legendaries: the ability to change the sigil to anything at any time.

Now of course, this would have to have restrictions otherwise it might just be too silly. First of all, I think a feature like this could be a really neat gold sink. Maybe not too much, but still a sink nonetheless.
For instance, every sigil you swap to is locked. It costs 5g to unlock the first sigil, then an additional 5g for every other sigil. Let’s say I wanted a Superior sigil of Justice unlocked, that’s 5g. Now, I want a Superior Sigil of the Night unlocked, now that’s 10g to unlock, for 15g in total. Once unlocked you can swap to the sigil at any time on the legendary in the same interface where you change their stats, so long as you are out of combat.
I wouldn’t really care if a feature like this didn’t make it to the game (it probably won’t) but I think it would be a super neat convenience for anybody who spent a large portion of time making a legendary. What do you guys think?

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

That’s an interesting idea. Or maybe it’s something like a “Legendary Sigil” that you can get/craft, when attached does the same thing instead. This also leads to an opportunity to have Legendary Rune sets as well.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

That’s an interesting idea. Or maybe it’s something like a “Legendary Sigil” that you can get/craft, when attached does the same thing instead. This also leads to an opportunity to have Legendary Rune sets as well.

Plausible candidate for Jewelcrafting 500. Just sayin’.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

No. The reason that you can select stats on a legendary weapon is so you don’t have to replace the weapon when you get a new build. However, I could support unlocking Sigils/Runes to swap on any weapon/armor.

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

No. The reason that you can select stats on a legendary weapon is so you don’t have to replace the weapon when you get a new build. However, I could support unlocking Sigils/Runes to swap on any weapon/armor.

You see, I don’t think swapping sigils/runes on ANY weapon/armor would be good for the sigil/rune economy. I think it’s a lot better with legendaries as there’s a minority of players who own a legendary, but if everybody could now completely ignore the sigil/rune market then those items would become completely worthless. At least if the feature is only available on legendaries (Or available as a legendary sigil that you crafted, I like that idea a lot) then the sigil/rune market wouldn’t crash and burn

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

That’s what I was thinking though. A possible “Legendary” status, similarly difficult to craft and obtain. But the more I think about it. The more I feel like if it was implemented, just stick it on Legendary weapons haha.

Just too much hassle haha

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Honestly?

All I can say is that as cool as this might sound, the last thing the legendary market needs is higher demand.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!