[Sugg.] Convert Dungeon XP Into Consumable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Since we now have consumables with experience which we can pass to alts, I would like to suggest converting the +70% experience from clearing a dungeon into a consumable.

Switching characters at dungeon ending is an efficient, yet annoying method for both the switcher and the party:

• the switcher has to leave during/before the final fight,
  • parties have to either bear with the switching or be rude and ask others not to switch,
  • it’s preferable that someone watches the ending cutscene so that the switcher has enough time to load,
  • the switcher needs to have a fast PC to load in time,
  • it’s possible to miss the reward.

In before “switching character is an exploit”: no, according to forum defenders, such things should be treated as parts of “knowledge” about the game, and not “exploits”.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well, there will probably be no point on leveling since it only take a few days of doing dungeon to get another character to lvl80.

but I do support it, since it is “really” annoying when people switch. Or just dont’ give out exp if some low level is way out of the dungeon level range.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Then we could also ask for ALL experience turned into consumeables.

Why should dungeons get a special treatment .. give us consumeables for hearts and
mobs and whatever .. or just a button to stop getting exp, and then everything will
be put into an exp counter, and a second button will create a consumeable for all
the exp you have collected.

But i don’t know if that would be really a good thing.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And you thought the clicking from Wintersday this year was bad…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

I would love this so much, I’d probably suffer a heart attack of sheer joy the moment I see this implemented in the game.

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

With regards to your forum defenders and exploits comment, what exactly are you comparing it to?

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I can see the benefit of that, but it would def have an unfair advantage for people who do not run dungeons, to get such a large xp consumable. Especially considering many dungeons can be speed cleared very quickly. Using an 80 and then trasfering those cons to a low lvl, idk think its a bit too much.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The game should just get over itself and start offering an instant-to-80 option. Between the instant 20 birthday scrolls and the +1 tomes that are popping up in more and more places with every update, leveling has become a pointless concept.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The game should just get over itself and start offering an instant-to-80 option. Between the instant 20 birthday scrolls and the +1 tomes that are popping up in more and more places with every update, leveling has become a pointless concept.

In the end its mainly a sink of crafting mats and gold .. since in the time you level you
mostly don’t earn as much gold as when playing a level 80, and you need mats for
new gear every 5-10 levels and / or you need a lot of mats for leveling via crafting.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I can see the benefit of that, but it would def have an unfair advantage for people who do not run dungeons, to get such a large xp consumable. Especially considering many dungeons can be speed cleared very quickly. Using an 80 and then trasfering those cons to a low lvl, idk think its a bit too much.

You can already give the final xp to your alt by swapping at the end of the dungeon. This suggestion would only make that more user friendly.

Lishtenbird.2814

well, there will probably be no point on leveling since it only take a few days of doing dungeon to get another character to lvl80.

• If it’s your first and only character, you have to level the traditional way. You cannot grind all the dungeons (~100 paths) in a couple of days.
  • If it’s your first and only character, you already have the ability to level it by doing only dungeons. Nothing changes.
  • If it’s your Nth character and you can speedrun ~100 paths in a couple of days, I think it’s really not a problem if you level up your alt faster.
  • With all the NPE restrictions and tomes for PvP, tomes for dailies, tomes for logins there already is little point in leveling alternate characters except for time (and gold) sink – which in threads about “just get rid of levels already” people are talking about. For your 2nd/3rd character of the same class – doubly so; it’s only a hindrance to people who are willing to buy expensive skins to dress up different dolls characters. And speedleveling with crafting will still be superior.

Then we could also ask for ALL experience turned into consumeables.

Why should dungeons get a special treatment .. give us consumeables for hearts and
mobs and whatever .. or just a button to stop getting exp, and then everything will
be put into an exp counter, and a second button will create a consumeable for all
the exp you have collected.

But i don’t know if that would be really a good thing.

People have been asking for it for quite some time: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Experience-Accumulator-for-Alts/

I can see the benefit of that, but it would def have an unfair advantage for people who do not run dungeons, to get such a large xp consumable.

If you run a dungeon, XP is your reward for doing challenging (in comparison) non free-for-all group content. You can already get it for your alt by switching. The only difference is that the consumable makes it more convenient for everyone.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

laokoko.7403

Well, there are many people doing dungeons everyday. At this rate many dungeon runners will have a level80 every 10 days.

I’m getting so many tomes from pvp and dailys already. At this rate, no one will ever need to “even try” to level alt again.

X T D.6458

thats a fair point

Lishtenbird.2814

Well, there are many people doing dungeons everyday. At this rate many dungeon runners will have a level80 every 10 days.

I’m getting so many tomes from pvp and dailys already. At this rate, no one will ever need to “even try” to level alt again.

And so: is it a bad thing?

I think it’s safe to assume that people who’re speedrunning 10 paths a day have seen all they ever wanted to see in the game. …or they’re grinding as fast as they can to get the desired item and then go and see the game.

If they want to go out and level, they can. If they don’t, they’ll be happier now – instead of saying “screw it, I want to run dungeons, not kill centaurs in Queensdale!” and never getting alts, they’ll be able to roll new characters with other classes/races/builds for their favourite dungeons or whatever.

More accessible characters = more character slots sold (5 free slots are 3 slots less than available classes) = more gold wasted on equipping alts with gear and skins (including gemstore), as well as bag slots, salvaging and mining tools.

laokoko.7403

I don’t know if it’s a bad thing.

I’m just saying that a bunch of people would probably have 3 new lvl80 every month without even trying since they do dungeon everyday anyway.

I have 25 level 80 right now. If Anet do what you said. I can get a full account of 64 character to lvl80 by just doing some dungeons, use a lvl20 scroll and spend a few gold to get 400 chef.

Pretty cool, if Anet did what you suggested. All my 64 characters will be lvl80 in 9 month without even trying.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

X T D.6458

cant blame people for wanting to level faster, its so long, boring and tedious in this game imo. Sometimes its a nice way to kill time, sometimes its just drags on and on especially for veteran players who dont want to keep repeating the new….npe, on top of the the new trait system which is a mess by itself, and needs a major overhaul.

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

Personally, and please don’t hate me for this, but I already think that it’s kind of lame you can swap a character in last second to get all of the credit for what a different character actually completed. I’d rather see invisible checkpoints that your character has to “pass through” added into the dungeon in order to get full credit at the end to prevent dungeon swapping. But that’s just me.

I know we have tomes and whatnot already that make leveling super easy that kind of shoot down the concept I’ve mentioned but, idk, dungeon swapping just has never felt right to me. I’ve personally never swapped characters at the end of a dungeon for the XP.

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

What is a dungeon?