Sugg- Flames of War redo

Sugg- Flames of War redo

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

My suggestion is to change the current design into a handle that appears like a thick linked chain, or chains, with a hound of Balthazar for the head of the torch. Have the hound drool molten metal and have the footsteps molten metal as well. The arm of the user can change to a reflective molten metal effect.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

@Swagger…… I think that would make a very impressive looking weapon.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

My suggestion is to change the current design into a handle that appears like a thick linked chain, or chains, with a hound of Balthazar for the head of the torch. Have the hound drool molten metal and have the footsteps molten metal as well. The arm of the user can change to a reflective molten metal effect.

Swagger, this weapon that you described – now that sounds like a REAL Legendary Balthazar themed Torch weapon! I can dig it!

Dude, I would craft your suggested weapon and I don’t even have a toon that uses a torch. (I’d learn to use it, though!)

+1

Moonlight [THRU]

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

Write on google “Vestido de Fallera”. It is the traditional dress of Valencia, and the same disegn of the legendary torch.

The Fallera Torch! Valensia en falles…

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Yea, I just really don’t understand this weapon – it looks like a strange flaming wedding cake. It’s really too bad.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

interesting design wish they went with that but ppl have already made it and might like it the way it is.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I really like it as it is. I don’t understand why other people don’t.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

To me, it looks like a table lamp with a shade crocheted by someone who isn’t very good at crocheting. I like the idea of a lamp, I like the animations; I really can’t get past the design of the shade.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’d prefer they change it to an animation of Balthazar jumping out of a cake. That way people who have this Legendary can have their cake and Balthazar too.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

zealex.9410

its a kittening lamp ….

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

allow transmutation while keeping same aura/effects/footprints

Sugg- Flames of War redo

zealex.9410

That would be cool but also kind of confusing for ppl that dont know about it. But i liek the idea of me running around with infinite light while having the effects of bolt.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Krypto.2069

You know “Your baby is UGLY" when people are considering transmuting it and it’s a Legendary Weapon!

HAHAHA!

Moonlight [THRU]

Sugg- Flames of War redo

zealex.9410

You know “Your baby is UGLY" when people are considering transmuting it and it’s a Legendary Weapon!

HAHAHA!

Rude…. Being ugly is subjective, i would transmute bolt with even a krait sword

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Krypto.2069

HAHAHA!

Ohhh you’ve said just as much as me in your other posts! (And I know what you did last summer!)

…besides….

I must still be suffering from the shock of seeing it for the first time in the preview window!

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Sugg- Flames of War redo

OriOri.8724

To me, it looks like a table lamp with a shade crocheted by someone who isn’t very good at crocheting. I like the idea of a lamp, I like the animations; I really can’t get past the design of the shade.

Suit yourself, I see it as more of a candelabra though.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

I made Flames of War yesterday. I don’t like the weapon design but I made it anyway just for the effects.

If redoing the whole weapon design is not possible, please just change or remove the big round disk near the handle because it does look pretty awful when stowed. It’s just too big.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Jhenn.5197

Jhenn.5197

I actually like the way the torch looks on my asura.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Haku.1648

Haku.1648

If you like it, then good, at least some are happy to craft it.

But let’s be honest : It’s a bad work. I don’t know who is the new designer, but he/she really needs to make an effort and improve himself.

Both serious and funny legendaries can be awesome. For instance, I really like Shooshadoo.

HMS divinity was already really average for a legendary weapon. But Flames of war is just a big fail. And it seems that the majority of people really dislike it.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Are you being sarcastic? Because if you are not, I seriously question your taste.

I hate to break it to you, but that candelabra can in no way be looked upon as a “weapon”. It is piece of room decoration, not a weapon. Sure, there are other designs that can’t be considered weapons and are merely created to be funny (like the Improvised Weapon set), but those aren’t legendaries!

IMO, there are way too many legendary weapon designs that are meant to be funny (disco balls, meteorological equipment, aquariums, ships, etc.), and those are not skins to wear with serious pride but in (good) fun. You have to be a somewhat “easily amused” type of character to actually consider those worthy of the legendary status (and worth your time, effort and resources as well).

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Sugg- Flames of War redo

zealex.9410

HAHAHA!

Ohhh you’ve said just as much as me in your other posts! (And I know what you did last summer!)

…besides….

I must still be suffering from the shock of seeing it for the first time in the preview window!

shush you little kitten shush

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

its a kittening lamp ….

It’s a Cultist Candelabra.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Are you being sarcastic? Because if you are not, I seriously question your taste.

I hate to break it to you, but that candelabra can in no way be looked upon as a “weapon”. It is piece of room decoration, not a weapon. Sure, there are other designs that can’t be considered weapons and are merely created to be funny (like the Improvised Weapon set), but those aren’t legendaries!

IMO, there are way too many legendary weapon designs that are meant to be funny (disco balls, meteorological equipment, aquariums, ships, etc.), and those are not skins to wear with serious pride but in (good) fun. You have to be a somewhat “easily amused” type of character to actually consider those worthy of the legendary status (and worth your time, effort and resources as well).

Well a torch isnt really a weapon in the first place.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Sounds cool but also sounds way too similar to Rodgort, the gen 1 Legendary Torch
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rodgort

The current torch is ugly as hell i admit… But i wasn’t that surprised with the way legendary gen 2’s have been going. I thought at least those Acolytes on top would be moving, but doesn’t appear so.

Attachments:

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I made flames of war, I had to since I own all the rest, the design is growing on me. I don’t think it needs a rework, I think they need to remove the base of it or shrink it down some. Its huge.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

OriOri.8724

I was 100% serious. I love the skin. And you don’t think its more impractical than a fishbowl (sorry, quagan-bowl) as a shield? Or a disco ball as a mace? Or whatever the hell Quip is supposed to be? Not to mention, torches aren’t really weapons in the first place.

I like the weapon because its so different, non traditinal for a torch. its not a boring thing shooting fire out of another creature’s mouth (which would almost be a rogdort clone fyi). It has character, its completely unique. I think ANet did a great job with this as the legendary torch, it gives people a real alternative to just generic “fancy torch must be a creature spitting fire out of its mouth” theme that a lot of games have. It has uniqueness, and ultimately that should be what determines what skins get turned into legendaries and which ones don’t.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There are other skins that I’d prefer to be redone before the Flames of War. But then my subjective opinion will defer from the next person’s whichcwill defer from the person after than and so on.

It’s surprising, not really, that some people are treating their own opinions as fact. Everyone has different tastes so while you may not like the design, you cannot speak for everyone else.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

They should actually fix Rodgort before improving new legendaries further. The footsteps are really small, it messes up the animation of Guardian torch 4, and barely has any interaction with most torch skills.

Battlelord Taeres

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Sorry, but anything can be considered a ‘weapon’ in a fantasy game. Mesmers don’t use GS as weapons; they use them as magical foci, channeling their power. The torches in this game all cause burning, but that’s about all they have in common with a RL torch.

Of course a lamp (the generic group, which includes candelabras) can be used as a weapon — it can smash, it can burn, and (in this game), it can be used as a vessel for projecting skills.

So I love the idea of expanding the idea of what “torch” means. I just don’t like the execution.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Djinn.9245

It’s a club that can set you on fire…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Ayrilana.1396

But would you be swinging it around with the intention to use as a weapon?

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Djinn.9245

If I was in a dungeon using a torch for lighting, and an enemy attacked me, I would certainly try to hit them with it given the alternatives.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Ayrilana.1396

If I was in a dungeon using a torch for lighting, and an enemy attacked me, I would certainly try to hit them with it given the alternatives.

Fair enough.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

They should actually fix Rodgort before improving new legendaries further. The footsteps are really small, it messes up the animation of Guardian torch 4, and barely has any interaction with most torch skills.

No they shouldn’t touch the change to Guardian torch 4, I love the fact that I throw Flames of War at people when I use that skill. It is really funny.

Sugg- Flames of War redo

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I think the problem with Flames of War is actually a problem with torches in general – they’re held in a relaxed, casual position, instead of held aloft as a beacon.

Flames of War is a religious icon – A cultist candelabra. You don’t use it to smack people (I don’t think any class has a “Smack” attack with a torch) – you use it to channel the wrath of Balthazaar’s fire to your foes – whether it’s a warrior engulfing himself in the flame or sending a blaze forward, a Guardian using it to torch his foes, or a Ranger igniting the area… or throwing the kitten thing like a dunce.

That said – I wish they’d fix the “Throw” projectile to just be the flame, and not the entire candelabra.