[Sugg] More 'Fine' Camera Adjustments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Something I’ve been asking for since day one, and it appears as though some time recently, they’ve monkeyed with the camera settings.

I have the shortest humans I can make. I like to play on ‘one notch back’ from zoomed in as far as you can be (I have one short Norn, and play 2 notches back there). I use the “-UseOldFoV” switch to launch the game.

On that setting, the camera used to be closer to the character, and sometime recently, you increased it, and I don’t remember seeing a 1,000 page post asking for that.

At the very least, please just give us more ‘fine tuned’ options so each click of the mouse wheel moves a smaller increment.

I know some folks want camera distances that mimic sitting in the rafters in a stadium (is that the lead singer, or the guitar player?), and that’s fine, but there’s no reason why each mouse wheel roll can’t move a smaller increment.

I’ve actually always wanted one ‘between’ zoomed in and what used to be the first wheel roll out. Now, I’d actually like 2.

Seems like that would be rather easy to do. I roll the mouse wheel, and it moves the camera ‘x’ increments. Just cut that in half. Try that out. To zoom out all the way, you’d have to move the mouse wheel more, but so what.

Bonus: Put something in the UI that let’s ‘us’ change how much the camera moves with each mouse wheel roll.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Comfy Chair.7265

The Comfy Chair.7265

I’d personally like the ability to set the camera height independently of character height. An issue at the moment is that the max height norn/charr characters can see a little better over walls ect. in WvW, which gives them a direct advantage with landing superior AC barrages over the top of obstacles! So either the Superior ACs finally need their ‘no line of sight required’ bug fixed (if it is a bug of course – I’d rather it not be changed since I do actually quite like this behaviour), or that camera issue could do with being sorted!

Of course, it’s a nitpick :P