(Sugg) Put crafters name on items they craft

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

As the title says, to give more pride and meaning to items you craft and want to sell and to make yourself known as a crafter, allow us to put our names on the crafted items, whether for private or trade use.

I always feel good when i craft something in Lotro and my name is automatically added to that item: Crafted By (insert character name).

Lotro goes one step further and allows you to name certain items you craft, at least those of higher quality, so if you make a blade or a piece of armor, you can give it a name. If Anet made this possible they could just allow you (via a little pop up window) to name those items that they haven’t named themselves already, like for eg: Legendary weapons or other named weapons and armor. Obviously, they wouldn’t want those changed but i don’t see why we can’t name our own stuff, like even ascended gear. Instead of everything just having that same name, Ascended shoulder, Ascended boots etc.

Oh and also, if you apply skin to an item, the crafter’s name should always show there as the maker of the original item. The named skins or items can still remain as the actual main heading titles, while the crfater’s name would appear below it.

What do you think guys? If you enjoy crafting, would you like to see something like this implemented? I think it would make the crafting a bit more personal and meaningful.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

No thanks. I always hated that in Lotro’s crafting. :P

And yes, I am a crafter