[Sugg] Trait UI Redesign: Allow Lower Traits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I suggest redesigning the trait lines so that they allow players to choose adept/master traits in higher tiers instead of the GM/master traits which are still subpar in certain scenarios.

Here’s a concept of the UI. The minor traits have all been moved to the side since there’s no point in maintaining their “tiers” apart from making it look pretty (and having more linear unlocks?).

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Why?

/15charr

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Gean.1279

Gean.1279

Why?

Because it would make the system more flexible. And closer to what we do have now.
Can’t help but support this idea. Most of my builds are already destroyed by the “only-three-line” system.
Well, whatever… I know, Anet is trying to improve the mechanics, and I do appreciate the efforts… I only ask to be a little bit more careful with that… while some people will quickly adjust their characters to the most damaging build, I’ll have to learn how to play from the very beginning. Right now that hurts, but we’ll see. I believe in you, Anet, don’t let us down.

Posted by: Jkar.5329

Jkar.5329

I personally think it would be a good idea, considering how many possible combination will get lost by locking adept/master/grandmaster traits without allowing to select previous tier’s traits. Cutting traits to 3 x tier is not an issue, as most of them have been fused and/or improved, but the limitations of a locked tier system are just too much imo:

Locked Trait Tiers (what they announced) = 3 × 3 × 3 = 18 possible combinations for each trait line.

Unlocked Traits Tiers (like now) = 3 × 5 × 7 = 105 possible combinations for each trait line.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Why?

Because it would make the system more flexible. And closer to what we do have now.
Can’t help but support this idea. Most of my builds are already destroyed by the “only-three-line” system.
Well, whatever… I know, Anet is trying to improve the mechanics, and I do appreciate the efforts… I only ask to be a little bit more careful with that… while some people will quickly adjust their characters to the most damaging build, I’ll have to learn how to play from the very beginning. Right now that hurts, but we’ll see. I believe in you, Anet, don’t let us down.

Okay. I say No support because I don’t want the current system or anything close to it.

Too much useless diversity out of the old system.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Gean.1279

Gean.1279

Useless or not, I like diversity. It encourages creativity.

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Yes please. I’d love to see this to help build diversity and flexibility.

Posted by: Airdive.2613

Airdive.2613

Locked Trait Tiers (what they announced) = 3 × 3 × 3 = 18 possible combinations for each trait line.

Unlocked Traits Tiers (like now) = 3 × 5 × 7 = 105 possible combinations for each trait line.

I believe that’s actually 27 for locked and 55 for unlocked traits.
(Edited because I got confused with numbers at first.)

(edited by Airdive.2613)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

100% agree with OP. (I’ve always wanted to be able to put “normal” skills in my elite skill slot as well, because most elites suck donkey doo-doo.) This is the same thing… if the higher tier traits are rotten, let us put in a lower tier trait that will actually be useful.

I’ve been staying clear of most of the proposed new ideas. I’m afraid it’ll aggravate me more than excite me. But what I’ve caught sounds like ANet is up to its old tricks again; making things less flexible. Giving us less variety. Taking stuff away from us.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

(edited by Hamfast.8719)