Sugg- purchasable chak egg sac

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The rng concept is wearing thin. There is only so much time and devotion to obtain certain things players will face under rng circumstances. Also, looking at the tp for the lucky lotto winner selling the item for 7k-10k gold at 2x and 3x the value of legendaries is really over the top, so here is my suggestion for this item…

50 Chak eggs + 5000 Ley line crystals + 100 gold… Make it account bound.

I think that is more than fair and reasonable.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

not to the people who do find those sacs :P
how kittened would you be at paying 350g just to list an item, then demand drys up because of a recipe to make that item for 1/10 the current cost?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I like it how it is. It’s like winning the lotto. It’s the only item besides fractal tonic that is like this and I’m okay with that. And no I don’t have it nor fractal tonic.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t have it yet but I am against this. There’s nothing wrong about having some optional skins to be rare drops tied to RNG. It’s a nice added bonus to receive it as a drop.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

The rng concept is wearing thin. There is only so much time and devotion to obtain certain things players will face under rng circumstances. Also, looking at the tp for the lucky lotto winner selling the item for 7k-10k gold at 2x and 3x the value of legendaries is really over the top, so here is my suggestion for this item…

50 Chak eggs + 5000 Ley line crystals + 100 gold… Make it account bound.

It is supposed to be this rare, so NO don’t make it crafteble. Games needs this kind of items, it gives players something to strive for.
What they could do was sell one like it in the gem store that had the glittering text effect “cheap knock off” trailing behind the player.

(edited by Eldbrand Charging.8902)

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

… so here is my suggestion for this item…

50 Chak eggs + 5000 Ley line crystals + 100 gold…

Untill you collect 5000 Ley line crystals, the price will drop to 90 gold… That if you’re not a robot

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

not to the people who do find those sacs :P
how kittened would you be at paying 350g just to list an item, then demand drys up because of a recipe to make that item for 1/10 the current cost?

The 2 people out of the 3,100,000 monthly concurrent users can get a gold refund by anet for the TP listing fee.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d like to see Anet make it available as a reward for completing an (insane) achievement as an alternative.

Complete the Chak Gerent meta event successfully 1,000 times.
If you didn’t get it by now, well… here you go.
Reward: Chak Egg Sac

>x}

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I’d like to see Anet make it available as a reward for completing an (insane) achievement as an alternative.

Complete the Chak Gerent meta event successfully 1,000 times.
If you didn’t get it by now, well… here you go.
Reward: Chak Egg Sac

>x}

Can you imagine the outrcy on these forums about the insane amount of grind this achievement would require?

That said, I’m fine with random (desireable) skins having precursor-like rng. If it’s one I like tough luck, but fortunately there’s so much variety in this game that I can always find something else to use instead.

There are people who just enjoy “winning the lottery”, and there’s not many skins in this game that actually require you to be as lucky as the egg sac. As long as there’s really just a very few skins that work this way I think it’s a good idea to have them to give the “want to feel lucky” people something to look forward to.