[Suggestion] 1 minute map reservation on DC

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I seriously think that servers need to reserver your spot for a minute if you disconnect, so that you don’t lose progress in any major events.
I disconnected towards the end of a tequatl run today, logged back in and I was on a different map. I’ve also had a few situations in Silverwastes where I take part in all the events leading up to the breach, just to disconnect during the breach and unable to join back in due to the map being full.

Either this or you need to do something about the constant mac client crashes in highly populated events.

Attachments:

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

No! These dc are great! It’s the only way for me to leech loot from teq or vinewrath with no work and not wasting time

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

No! These dc are great! It’s the only way for me to leech loot from teq or vinewrath with no work and not wasting time

I can’t even…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

You would make a fine skritt!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Svarcanum.5028

Svarcanum.5028

Really great and important suggestion. Even more so with the advent of HoT where map states are really important to the immersion. Being DCd and logging back into a completely different SW (for example) really high lights that you’re just playing a game, not fighting Mordrem.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Being DCd and logging back into a completely different SW (for example) really high lights that you’re just playing a game, not fighting Mordrem.

Although it only felt like a few seconds, hours had passed in the world.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I seriously think that servers need to reserver your spot for a minute if you disconnect, so that you don’t lose progress in any major events.
I disconnected towards the end of a tequatl run today, logged back in and I was on a different map. I’ve also had a few situations in Silverwastes where I take part in all the events leading up to the breach, just to disconnect during the breach and unable to join back in due to the map being full.

Either this or you need to do something about the constant mac client crashes in highly populated events.

Either myself or a member of my party will have this happen often in Teq, no matter how low we put the graphics settings to. Even if we fix what disconnected us and get back in in a matter of a few seconds (yeah, right, when it disconnects it usually crashes pretty hard) we can not taxi back to the map we had just put a lot of work into before teq is over.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Seriously, we need this.
I know people love being able to squeak in last second when I disconnect, but I did the work. To get disconnected at the end of the Teq fight, log back in, wrong map, can’t get onto right map until others leave, I hop back over, no chest.
Do Teq again later, and no chest again because I already got credit for the teq fight.
Not only do we need reservations chests shouldn’t be counted until they’re freaking OPENED.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I can go along with this, Maybe just move the world chest to a personal chest on the side above the map like other events. Open to any ideas for this really. I don’t usually disconnect, but it has happened to me on rare occasions, so I see the need for it.

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

actually the solution is having the chest send to you like every other chest on the game, just popping up you mini map XD

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

/bump

kitten kitt

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-