Suggestion

Suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

It is time of holidays.As tradition goes,you have to be kind,and polite to the people,doesn’t matter if they are good or not to you.It is time of giving,and presents.

Now,since i do not have means,i am sure Arena Net does.They talking on every corner,how they care about their players,and how their community is the best one.

Since Arena Net,have access,to the Account Database,and they can see personal info of the players,my suggestion is next :

Since you love your players that much(at least you saying that),giving 10 full access to the core game,to the youngest players,randomly chosen would not be a big deal for you.

I am sure,there’s plenty of people,especially youngsters,who do not have money for the game,and yet they are faithful fans.Giving them something in return,would be nice,especially because Christmas and New year is coming.

Suggestion

Werdx.2059

Topic,with meaningless things and toxicity,gets 300k views and 200 k reply’s,while topic like this,with actually constructive post gets forgotten.

I guess that’s Anet agenda,because they have nothing smart to say,especially because they were asked to do nice thing for kids,and give away 5-10 CORE game keys.

As i expected,nice work,once again.

Suggestion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

“topic like this,with actually constructive post gets forgotten.”

I did not see anything constructive in the OP.

Asking that a company, that already allows those who cannot affotd its product access to most of it, to give away even more is anything but constructive IMO.

Suggestion

Werdx.2059

This is the only topic,about giving present to kids who don’t have money to buy game.Go and flame me because of that.

Id be better off if i made topic about hate towards Arena Net….

I want just them to show us,since they bragging in every video,how much they “love us”

And i am right completely,when i say topic with toxicity and trolling have better reviews.

Suggestion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This is the only topic,about giving present to kids who don’t have money to buy game.Go and flame me because of that.

Id be better off if i made topic about hate towards Arena Net….

I want just them to show us,since they bragging in every video,how much they “love us”

And i am right completely,when i say topic with toxicity and trolling have better reviews.

I did not flame you.

Anet already gives the majority of the game to those who cannot afford it, including children.

Suggestion

Werdx.2059

“topic like this,with actually constructive post gets forgotten.”

I did not see anything constructive in the OP.

Asking that a company, that already allows those who cannot affotd its product access to most of it, to give away even more is anything but constructive IMO.

This is constructive by definition of it.I don’t know what’s your understanding of that word.

Constructive Wikipedia : Having or intended to have a useful or beneficial purpose.

How my post is not beneficial and useful for kids who can’t afford game?I am trying,and that’s what matters,since no one else made post about it,like ever.

Btw,making game free to play,is biggest joke ever done by Arena Net.You would be better off if you don’t play it at all.You are limited in every possible way,and making game free to play,at Hot release,was nothing but marketing move.

If they wanted people to enjoy and play game for “free”,they would do it better.

If some famous GW2 youtuber made this same topic,it would be constructive and useful…but since me,(no one know’s about) made it,gets “nothing constructive”.Hate is yet to come.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Suggestion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

How do they get chosen? By the free to play accounts? What if the ten players chosen decided they didn’t like GW2 at all? And the keys go wasted?

By seeing who is currently active? How do you define active?

How do you define young? Under 18 players still rely on mom and dad’s credit card.

What if the 10 accounts chosen are secondary accounts by players who can otherwise afford the game?

Suggestion

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The game is already free to download and play. There are some restrictions with those accounts, but you get full content access to the core game. You’re asking them to sort through millions of accounts to give 10 people a free game? Then turn around 9 hours later and berate them for not complying with your request?

Alsopleasefortheloveofgod, usespaceafterpunctuationmarks. Happyholidays!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Suggestion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sounds a bit ageist to me. How about giving free copies to the elderly; all of us on fixed incomes?

Wait, ArenaNet already gives anyone who wants to play an opportunity. Now, that’s constructive! =)

Also, why is it ArenaNet’s fault that few view or comment on your thread? Could it be the ambiguous title?

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Suggestion

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Has no one told you the game is free to play now?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Suggestion

Werdx.2059

Easiest thing,is to say “free” to play game is fine,since you playing original.I am sure,people who play “free”,wouldn’t agree with you.

“free to play”

Trading Post – Can buy and sell items from a SELECTED list (That list is limited more than whole f2p limitation)

Forum Posting Access – No

World Transfers – No

Daily Login Bonus – No

WvW – Unlocked account-wide when one character reaches level 60

Looking For Group – Unlocked for each character at level 30

Squad chat – Unlocked for each character at level 30

Map chat – NO (one of the most important things)

Whisper chat – Except for mutual friends, can only whisper in the same map, one new person every 30 seconds

Guild Bank Access – No

In-Game Mail – Can only send to mutual friends
Can’t send gold or items

Central Tyria (Core) Maps & Content – Starter maps only until character reaches level 10
Lion’s Arch unlocked for each character at level 35

Bag Slots – 3

Character Slots – 2

Is this free to play game you praise so much?

I would like to see you,as “free” to play player,for one month.I am sure,you wouldn’t have same thoughts as now.

And i am 100% sure,if you were “free” to play player,you would like someone to make topic as i did.

In times like these,its easy to flame and troll(behind the monitor in safe room),its hard to be kind and polite person.

Your replies,does nothing but remind how people are selfish,and how no one would help person next to him if they were in trouble.Your way of thinking is “well,if i paid for game,why would anyone gets it for free,NO WAY”

Anyway,you wouldn’t be person to pay for those keys,so why are you upset,by me asking Arena Net,to give away their money?

They are not buying them.They producing them,so its not a big deal.

In things like these,you always need to look from your perspective,example : What if i had no original game,would i get surprised if Arena Net contacts me,and give me cd key?

Do not judge,ever,always put yourself in worst situation,and look it from there,not from “safespot”

We wont see it happening like ever,but i wanted to try,even if i knew,ill get replies like these.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Suggestion

Werdx.2059

How do they get chosen? By the free to play accounts? What if the ten players chosen decided they didn’t like GW2 at all? And the keys go wasted?

How do you define young? Under 18 players still rely on mom and dad’s credit card.

What if the 10 accounts chosen are secondary accounts by players who can otherwise afford the game?

So you trying to tell me,that people who made game like this,couldn’t find way to do it?Either,you trying hard to troll or you don’t understand how capable they are?

But then again,since there’s no benefit for them,they wont bother to do nothing for players they “love so much” (at least that’s what they saying in every video)

Again,if famous GW2 youtuber made same topic,people would be like " gratz bro,you care"

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Suggestion

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

They are still a business. Why only 10 youngest players? They will rely on parents to buy games for them or save their pocket money.
Why not the elderly? They only have their pensions after all.
Why not the minimum wage workers? They have very little money to spend on themselves.
Why not students? They spend their loans on rent/food/studying resources and are thousands of pounds in debt.

So these kids you want to give the game to probably have the better means to obtain this game than someone who works hard for a living a barely scrapes by.

Biasing a prize draw is bad in any situation. And there was a few game giveaways before HoT released. These were player funded. Which meant A net didn’t lose out. What you suggest is that A net lose money for a meaningless prize draw.

I suggest you buy 10 copies and do a random prize draw with Anets consent.

And you wonder why this thread was buried…

Kitten.

Suggestion

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

If you’re concerned about kids going without for Christmas, there are far more constructive things to give them, and charity’s to donate to help children in need.

This thread is going to go no where because you’re going on more about your beef with F2P restrictions, under the guise that you care about gifts fot children in need. And anyone that disagree’s with your point of view, even politely is considered a troll or flaming by you, very self righteous.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Suggestion

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Down with Free To Play. This post was ignored because you want MORE Free To Play. /thread

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Suggestion

Werdx.2059

If you’re concerned about kids going without for Christmas, there are far more constructive things to give them, and charity’s to donate to help children in need

Baamoink,you have no idea what i am doing in real life,so don’t guess if you don’t know.

F2p was response.It was not mentioned in my original post,and i did not want to bring it into discussion,because fanboys would stomp me.I am not one who started with “free” to play

You people would find reason for negative comments,even if i said i am going to spend my money for cd keys.Why?Because its in human nature,at least in gaming community,to spit,flame,bash,insult,troll on whatever you say,because its easy to do that,in safe room,behind monitor.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Suggestion

Werdx.2059

They are still a business. Why only 10 youngest players? They will rely on parents to buy games for them or save their pocket money.
Why not the minimum wage workers? They have very little money to spend on themselves.
Why not students? They spend their loans on rent/food/studying resources and are thousands of pounds in debt.

So these kids you want to give the game to probably have the better means to obtain this game than someone who works hard for a living a barely scrapes by.

Biasing a prize draw is bad in any situation. And there was a few game giveaways before HoT released. These were player funded. Which meant A net didn’t lose out. What you suggest is that A net lose money for a meaningless prize draw.

Kid,10 years,cant borrow money,cant work for it,cant earn it.

What you said,its for whole another topic,about why there’s foster homes,shelters for kids,why there’s almost every charity for kids,and so so so on…

With your way of thinking,i can bet my life on,you never felt hunger.

I worked with homeless kids for a long long time,so i know most of them,don’t have means to get even basic stuff,lets not even talk about game like this…And then,you come,with argument like “kids have means”

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Suggestion

Seera.5916

So you trying to tell me,that people who made game like this,couldn’t find way to do it?Either,you trying hard to troll or you don’t understand how capable they are?

But then again,since there’s no benefit for them,they wont bother to do nothing for players they “love so much” (at least that’s what they saying in every video)

Again,if famous GW2 youtuber made same topic,people would be like " gratz bro,you care"

Please quote me where I said they couldn’t do it.

My point was it would be incredibly difficult to develop an algorithm that would perfectly pick 10 players who fit the bill perfectly for who should get paid versions of the game. Because if the 10 players chosen fall into the wrong category for too many of them, the PR will be overall negative.

Companies give stuff away for 1 of 2 reasons typically: get you in to buy more or to generate good PR. Very rarely for any reason other than those. If they can’t afford to buy the game or can’t get their parents to buy the game for them, they aren’t likely to be able to afford to buy gems or able to buy gems, meaning it can’t be reason #1. Which means it would be for the PR. And that means the players also have to be currently active and like the game so that they spread the word of how ANet is so awesome in how they chose them.

F2p was response.It was not mentioned in my original post,and i did not want to bring it into discussion,because fanboys would stomp me,anyway i had to answer.

F2P was implied in your original post. You said ANet should check their databases. The only types of players that would benefit from this giveaway that they would have information on in their database are F2P players.

Suggestion

Seera.5916

Since you don’t know,there’s parents,who spent all money on drinks and drugs,over food for kid,i guess you never felt hunger in your life.

This game is rated T for teen. 10 year old kids shouldn’t be playing this game.

And the kids of parents who spend all their money on drugs likely don’t have a computer. So getting a key for a game that requires a computer isn’t going to be useful to them.

Suggestion

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Actually, Anet never asks our age. So they would not know who the youngest players (just above the age limit) are. It is a neat idea though. How about a raffle like on that one Halloween for those weapons skins?

Suggestion

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

What you said,its for whole another topic,about why there’s foster homes,shelters for kids,why there’s almost every charity for kids,and so so so on…

With your way of thinking,i can bet my life on,you never felt hunger.

I worked with homeless kids for a long long time,so i know most of them,don’t have means to get even basic stuff,lets not even talk about game like this…And then,you come,with argument like “kids have means”

They have far bigger issues than being able to afford a game then.
Maybe you should re-read my post and see where you went wrong. “These kids you want to give the game to probably have…” so don’t go tugging heart strings.
I’ve donated to kids charities regularly as well as cancer and animal related charities. If you think that handing out free games to homeless kids is what they need then I’ve got to applaud your own ignorance, since it will not change their lives for the better. They need useful and life changing things to happen.

Most companies would prefer not to bias any prize draw.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Suggestion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure how it works in America but in Europe the game is rated 12+ so giving it away to 10 year olds is illegal and Anet would be fined if they did.

More importantly though Anet can’t do what you’re asking because they don’t have that kind of information. You don’t have to give your date of birth when registering either a free or paid account, or any other personal information except an email address so they have no way of knowing how old players are.

They could upgrade 10 RANDOM free accounts, but chances are those would end up being second accounts that belong to people who already have paid accounts. Just like lots of people on this forum were accidentally selected for a survey that was supposed to go to new players who quit after a short time. I had to explain in the survey that I hadn’t quit, I just play my main account more.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Suggestion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol. Not to mention the uproar like when Beta access was given through a random drawing.

I suggest ArenaNet not give away accounts, just to avoid the backlash on the forums, and elsewhere.

If ArenaNet wants to be charitable, I would recommend one of the well-known, established charities to which to donate.

Suggestion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Easiest thing,is to say “free” to play game is fine,since you playing original.I am sure,people who play “free”,wouldn’t agree with you.

“free to play”

Trading Post – Can buy and sell items from a SELECTED list (That list is limited more than whole f2p limitation)

Forum Posting Access – No

World Transfers – No

Daily Login Bonus – No

WvW – Unlocked account-wide when one character reaches level 60

Looking For Group – Unlocked for each character at level 30

Squad chat – Unlocked for each character at level 30

Map chat – NO (one of the most important things)

Whisper chat – Except for mutual friends, can only whisper in the same map, one new person every 30 seconds

Guild Bank Access – No

In-Game Mail – Can only send to mutual friends
Can’t send gold or items

Central Tyria (Core) Maps & Content – Starter maps only until character reaches level 10
Lion’s Arch unlocked for each character at level 35

Bag Slots – 3

Character Slots – 2

Is this free to play game you praise so much?

I would like to see you,as “free” to play player,for one month.I am sure,you wouldn’t have same thoughts as now.

And i am 100% sure,if you were “free” to play player,you would like someone to make topic as i did.

In times like these,its easy to flame and troll(behind the monitor in safe room),its hard to be kind and polite person.

Your replies,does nothing but remind how people are selfish,and how no one would help person next to him if they were in trouble.Your way of thinking is “well,if i paid for game,why would anyone gets it for free,NO WAY”

Anyway,you wouldn’t be person to pay for those keys,so why are you upset,by me asking Arena Net,to give away their money?

They are not buying them.They producing them,so its not a big deal.

In things like these,you always need to look from your perspective,example : What if i had no original game,would i get surprised if Arena Net contacts me,and give me cd key?

Do not judge,ever,always put yourself in worst situation,and look it from there,not from “safespot”

We wont see it happening like ever,but i wanted to try,even if i knew,ill get replies like these.

Are the young kids you are asking to give the game to even concerned about the f2p restrictions? Most of them just want to run around and kill stuff at that age. They aren’t worried about things like the trading post or login daily bonus. Young kids are unlikely to want to post on the forum and if they do want to post on a forum there is reddit and the f2p forums they can post on. If they want something from a guild bank they can ask for it. Other things unlock for them so it’s not a consideration and at that age they should be restricted on map and whisper chat anyway, by their parents if not the company.

F2p is fine for kids. They won’t even notice or care about most of the restrictions and the ones they do care about will unlock anyway if they continue playing. If they don’t continue till it unlocks then a full account would have been wasted on them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Suggestion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Anyone can create a free account and lie about their name and age, so there’s no way for ANet to be sure they would be giving Core or HoT access to children, let alone poor ones.

If you want ANet to donate to charity, ask them to donate to charity. If you think they should give away free copies of the game, ask for that.

Regardless, the details should remain up to them, including what they donate or how they select recipients.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”