[Suggestion] 5 AP and 1 Laurel on login

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

As the tittle says:
Now, you automatically gain 1 Laurel and 5 Achievement Points (instead of just 1 Laurel) by just logging in. You gain the other 5 (or even 10, I don’t care) AP points (and the other rewards) by completing the daily objectives.

This way, those of us that don’t want to deviate from our daily routines still get some AP and are not left behind, and those AP hunters (or whatever) still get their higher 10(or 15) APs. Everyone is happy.

There, ‘daily system complaints’ solved with a very simple change.

Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

No. Put at least a tiny bit of effort in to get your AP.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

previously you had to log in and do 5 daily achievements for 5 AP,laurel, exp and mystic coins.

now you want to get 5 ap and 1 laurel by doing nothing?

sorry no…

Anet made daily achievements a bit easier, more rewarding, but i want players who invest time and who enjoy the game to be more rewarded than someone who doesnt care about it and just logs in to get whatever the game trows at them at log in…

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

5 AP per day is just too easy just for logging in, in my opinion.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

For the people claiming that this is for “lazy” people who don’t want to put in “effort”, keep in mind it was trivial to check 5+ of the previous dalies just by logging in and playing whatever you wanted to play (so long as it wasn’t just PvP), then logging off.

For example, I could log in and run Arah p1 to p4, then log out, and be almost certain I’d have finished my daily over the course of things. Using today’s daily as an example, if I logged in and just ran Arah p1 to p4, I would complete absolutely nothing. This is practically the same thing as putting in “no effort” to doing the daily, and getting rewarded under the old system, but under the new system a lot of players are forced to seek out and engage with content they don’t find fun.

Luckily, some people PvP, and it’s pretty easy to get the daily just from PvP, then do other things you actually also want to play. If I were logging in and had a “just feel like running some pve content I find fun” day, though, I’d tick ZERO off.

And it’s not like any of the new Daily options are even remotely difficult. The absolute only thing they are happen to be time consuming. That’s it. You might as well just add a ‘get 10 AP by standing around in LA and chatting with friends for 30 minutes" feature; that’s about equivalently hard, and even harder because it’s going to probably take more time!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If it takes you 30 minutes to get the current daily, you’re not trying.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Throw in some gold, karma, and gems too. Not everyone have the time to play the game.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I almost wanted to parrot Olvendred’s response.

But instead…sure, why not? They already give us the daily reward for free (without the bonus chests). I’m doing you no favor by suggesting you need to play.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

No. Put at least a tiny bit of effort in to get your AP.

[devil’s advocate]

Why? We don’t have to put in any effort for our laurels now?

[/devil’s advocate]

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

lol free ap n laurel? get real

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

This might be the first thread on these forums that someone actually came out and asked to be handed something for free. Usually it’s done in a subtle fashion to make it appear as though you weren’t asking to be handed free rewards, but now……really?

They change the daily reward structure so all you have to do is log in and you get the same rewards that you used to have to work at least a little for. Literally, all you have to do is click a few things and you get the same reward as before. You don’t even have to play the game to get the reward anymore. It really is that easy. But, that’s not enough now? What’s the next progression here? Should we get 50 gold each day from just logging in?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Yea!

They should also pay me to log-in, daily!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Granted they aren’t all that hard, but logging in for AP seems silly to me. Tell me, exactly what did you “achieve” by just logging in that deserves an “Achievement Point”

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The way it’s currently set up, you can get 55 laurels every 28 days for logging in (that’s almost 2 laurels a day for logging in). As for the 5AP points, getting 10AP is trivially easy for those that don’t set restrictions on themselves.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Half of the people on the forums complain that the game is too mindless and the devs are trying to hold everyones hand, while the other half is begging to be given more free stuff for doing nothing.

No wonder there are only like 2 devs that read the forums frequently.

Also:

achieve·ment
noun \?-?ch?v-m?nt\

: something that has been done or achieved through effort : a result of hard work

: the act of achieving something : the state or condition of having achieved or accomplished something
Full Definition of ACHIEVEMENT
: the act of achieving : accomplishment
a : a result gained by effort
b : a great or heroic deed
: the quality and quantity of a student’s work

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

This way, those of us that don’t want to deviate from our daily routines still get some AP and are not left behind, and those AP hunters (or whatever) still get their higher 10(or 15) APs. Everyone is happy.

You don’t seem to care about AP. So why do you want free AP daily ? And you will get left behind.

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

lol
NO!

that is all.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

re·ward
r??wôrd/
noun
a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement.

I never thought logging in would count under this definition.

Attachments:

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I can’t say I’m surprised by some of the responses. It’s all about perception people.
All people complain about is feeling the need to go to places they don’t usually (or don’t want to) go becouse otherwise they wont get their precious AP. Saying 5 AP is too much for just logging in is idiotic considering those doing the dailies would be getting twice as much.
The “word” achievement isn’t worth anything anymore (I loled when someone thrown a dic definition), it’s all about that stupid AP number that make idiotic people tag you as a newbie or as experienced and therefore correlate skill into that, it also gives a false sense of progression. You know it, we know it. The achievement point system is cancerous to this game. My suggestion was just trying to diminish that.
I could get 5 AP previously by just logging in and doing anything, my chest would always pop up, the difference would be minimal, this would even encourage some players to log in and play that wouldn’t previously, yet, this somehow troubles many of you.

But hey, if so many of you are against this it might mean:
- You don’t like having to do the new assigned tasks but you do them anyways to get ahead on the AP score.
- You like the fact (or don’t even care) this clearly affects other players against this new system so you can get ahead on you AP score.
- You feel entittled as you don’t mind doing them becouse you consider them an easy an forgetable task.
- You somehow think randomly mining a specific place makes you an ‘achiver’.

Well… kitten; most of you just wont get it anyways, so whatever.
I could clearly care less about the AP at all, I just find it a terribly flawed system.

That is all.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Even the laziest part of my mind completely disagrees with this suggestion.

Achievement points are meant to be earned, whether the task by which you earn them is menial or difficult, and usually the amount you earn reflects the difficulty of the task. To give someone 5 ap’s just for logging in (which takes no effort at all) completely defeats the entire point of achievement points to begin with.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Omg…. sweet dreams!! droool on pillow

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia