[Suggestion] A few misc tweaks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tawniey.3796

Tawniey.3796

Hey there, forum.
I’ve had a few thoughts brewing as anticipation grows for Heart of Thorns. I had initially thought of giving each its own topic, but they’re honestly such small suggestions that I think it would be easier to cover them all at once. So here goes.

Make Sylvari facial-bark(?) its own character-creation category.
Facial hair for all other races is separated from the face choice, so I don’t understand why the same can’t be true of Sylvari. I know their bark colors are going to need to draw from the skin tone, but it shouldn’t be that hard to link the two. There are many faces that I think would benefit from adding or removing facial bark at the player’s whim.

Replay Personal Story option
Even if there is no way to change the choices you’ve made and experience other options, the ability to go back and relive the adventure without recreating the character would be something that would extend the life of the game for those of us who enjoy personal story.

Multi-Person/Group PM System or “RP” Chat
This is a fairly complicated request, I’m sure, so hear me out for a moment.
A lot of the Non-RP population of Guild Wars has expressed their dislike of the RP players using Say chat to RP. The megaserver shift was hard for those who tried to keep to RP servers only, and party chat and guild chat are both incredibly limiting for different reasons. Party chat causes a hard limit of 5 people, meaning that friends can’t spectate or participate in larger RPs. Guild chat has the opposite problem. Being that it broadcasts over multiple maps, you’d have several RPs to wade through while trying to respond to one.
Putting in a group chat system where players can be invited to a PM window with other users would fix this entirely. It would get the RP chat out of Say and Emotes, keeping the Non-RP population happy while allowing RPers the ability to RP with as many or as few people as they want. It would also benefit Non-RPers through allowing customizable chat windows for large or small-scale events.

Allow double-click deposit or drag-to-stack in Guild Bank
I’m not sure if this is a bug or an oversight, but for as long as I’ve been playing, guild members have had to take a partial stack out of the guild bank before adding their contribution and putting it back, and that is very frustrating for a few reasons. Mostly, though, it makes the ability for lower-ranked guild members to deposit without withdrawing from certain sections completely useless.

Guild Materials Storage
A mat storage area, but guild owned. Many guilds will pitch in to gear up a new player or level a member’s crafting, so it would be awesome to see a mat area that we can allow certain ranks to access.

Remove 250 stack cap on account-bound materials
(ie: Bloodstone dust, charged quartz etc)
They’re account bound, so there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be allowed to hoard them without impunity.

That’s all I have! I hope that you wonderful folks at ANet will take these into consideration, and fellow players, I’d love to hear what you think!

(edited by Tawniey.3796)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

i very much like all these ideas.

Posted by: jesters.9406

jesters.9406

Very good suggestions right here. I especially like the RP chat suggestions because while I know a lot of RP goes on in emote chat that tries to take the general non-RP populous into consideration, it doesn’t really serve the RP part of GW2 that well.

I also agree that while the megaserver is great for general gameplay, it does isolate RPers and makes trying to find each other very difficult.

Anatoli Ingram acknowledged that RP is a component of GW2 for many players on the Hidden Arcana Revenant blog post, so it’s not like RPers are entirely below the radar. Judging by the members list of guildwars2roleplayers.com the RP community has over 11k members, so the group is not tiny. Some have obviously moved on, certainly, but many discussions of late revolve around how difficult it is to find RP out in the world since the megaserver has become a factor.

Maybe adding function on the LFG tool for RPers as well as a dedicated chat would go a long way to taxing people onto certain maps for RPing.

But in short, yes, I like some of these suggestions very much.

Posted by: Vyetta.3976

Vyetta.3976

Total support on all these ideas. Can I also add chairs we can actually SIT IN! I know the community has been asking for this for a long time and while it’s a minor thing it’s a big deal for Rpers.

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

I like these suggestions/ideas ! especially the 250 account material stack cap! +1 OP

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

Tawniey.3796

Maybe adding function on the LFG tool for RPers as well as a dedicated chat would go a long way to taxing people onto certain maps for RPing.

That’s a fantastic idea.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

You had me at remove 250 stack cap of account bound mats. <3

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

The RP chat suggestion is horrible. How would anyone find and join RP randomly, and meet new RPers, if you need to be invited to know anyone is doing it at all.

Tawniey.3796

The RP chat suggestion is horrible. How would anyone find and join RP randomly, and meet new RPers, if you need to be invited to know anyone is doing it at all.

I can understand the potential problem that presents.
What about a toggleable RP chat channel in addition to the multi-person PMs?

If there were a toggleable RP chat channel, all a person would need to do is toggle it on to join open RPs and the multi-person PM window would be used for closed RP’s.