Suggestion: Activate Weapon Set

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

This suggestion is to implement a function similar to how Weapon Sets worked in GW1.
You put a weapon into a slot (say F5) and when you press it, you switch the weapons in that slot to replace your current wielded item.
All items remain in your inventory during this proces.
This function would behave in the same manner as equiping it manually would do now.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

pressing H(or whatever key your hero window is set to) is too hard now?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Is it so terrible to suggest a quality of life improvement? Changing traits manually also isn’t “too hard” but templates would be very convenient as well.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Yes.
Try doing that several times per dungeon to optimize your run. Especially between 2-handed and 2 single-handed weapons.
It gets tiresome very quickly.
Also there are lazy players and they won’t even change sets if they have to do more than click a button and thus they are not as productive as they could be.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

Yes.
Try doing that several times per dungeon to optimize your run. Especially between 2-handed and 2 single-handed weapons.
Also there are lazy players and they won’t even change sets if they have to do more than click a button and thus they are not as productive as they could be.

did they remove the 2nd weapon set where you could assign a 2nd weapon set to?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Yes.

Aside from warrior a proper rotation already requires 2 weaponsets.

eekzie.5640

It’s to switch out a weapon set, not to swap weapons.
No, it’s not too hard. Yes, it’s annoying.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I think he (or she) wants to use more than 2 weapon sets. While 2 is fine in combat, sometimes even I would like to switch to a 3rd or even a 4th set out-of-combat instead of opening my bag, finding it and double-clicking to equip it. This is particularly annoying to do on my guardian whenever the situation requires that I equip a scepter. Sure, it only saves a few seconds but I’m annoyed in those few seconds. This feature would alleviate that and I’m willing to pay money for it, just like I did for the gemstore gathering tools.

eekzie.5640

I think he (or she) wants to use more than 2 weapon sets. While 2 is fine in combat, sometimes even I would like to switch to a 3rd or even a 4th set out-of-combat instead of opening my bag, finding it and double-clicking to equip it. This is particularly annoying to do on my guardian whenever the situation requires that I equip a scepter. Sure, it only saves a few seconds but I’m annoyed in those few seconds. This feature would alleviate that and I’m willing to pay money for it, just like I did for the gemstore gathering tools.

Exactly

I don’t think it’d be a good idea to put these kind of features behind a gemstore purchase tough.

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

This creates another layer of cheese in WvW with people backing off out of combat, switching weapons, then jumping back in with a better matchup.

Yeah, it can kinda be done now, but if it becomes a hotkey it’ll become a part of everyone’s combat and that’s lame. We shouldn’t be fighting the UI.

WHICH IS WHY STEALTH SHOULD NOT DROP YOUR TARGET, ARENANET.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

eekzie.5640

This creates another layer of cheese in WvW with people backing off out of combat, switching weapons, then jumping back in with a better matchup.

Yeah, it can kinda be done now, but if it becomes a hotkey it’ll become a part of everyone’s combat and that’s lame. We shouldn’t be fighting the UI.

WHICH IS WHY STEALTH SHOULD NOT DROP YOUR TARGET, ARENANET.

As you said, it’s already easily done and right now is just an annoyance. It’s already part of everyones combat.