[Suggestion] Aerial(Airship) Combat?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hunter steele.7836

hunter steele.7836

-Before I begin please note that English is my second, so I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors. (May Contain Spoilers)

- Hello everyone, I have been playing Guild Wars 2 since release. I have always loved the idea of Aerial Combat, especially that this game already has airships, and we have experienced playing with them before, in the final battle with Zhaitain, in Arah Story-Mode. Since we already have WvW, I don’t think this would be a very bad idea. You can have a map where each party, group, guild etc can be on one person’s airship and fight against other people. It would also add more content and progression to those that don’t have anything to do.

- I understand that the Devs are busy with the new expansion, LS3 and everything but I just though of throwing this idea in here.

-I am not going into detail into how this would work, I would leave that to you guys xD.

-Thanks for Reading.

Edit: Edited Title for Clarity.

(edited by hunter steele.7836)

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I thought you were going to appeal to giving us more Bloodstone Fen type maps with themed glider skills. I was wrong. This idea seems like a lot to program for li/let payoff other than a ne2 pseudo kind of map. Or would players actually pilot these airships? Who? Why them? What would guilds claim? What about combined servers? How would seige and buffs work?

Edit: And absolutely yes to more Arial glider skills like in BF!

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

From what I understand, the game can’t handle it. Even the final fight against Zhaitan is actually a map where the airship stands still, but move others things around to pretend to make it look like it moves. And even that is buggy as heck.

Did that with a couple of guildies once, and one fell off, and it was a mess and we couldn’t get him back onto the ship again. he kept getting teleported back and forth and stuff.

Same reason I believe we don’t have ships etc. Seems the engine can’t handle it.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: hunter steele.7836

hunter steele.7836

@Jon That is very unfortunate to hear, but I am pretty sure if the devs wanted to make it work, it would work.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I would love to see some sort of mini dungeon, fractal, guild mission… whatever

with some sort of vehicle combat.