[Suggestion] All VIP passes port back.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

The Royal Terrace, Airship, Lava Lounge, Noble’s Folly, and Lilly of the Elon permanet passes should all allow you to port back to where you ported from like the Mistlock Sanctuary pass does. One pass should not be objectively superior to the others like it currently is.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is not possible, at this time, due to technical limitations.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Mistlock-Sanctuary-s-Fractal-Access/first#post6669846

Benjamin Arnold.3457:

Can we get the same QoL on the other passes?

At this point, no. It is actually not possible to do this in lounges that are in open world maps because of how we export character position on map transition.

Devildoc.6721

Well thats pretty crap I guess it’s convenient for them that they can continually double dip people on things like this huh.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

How is something that’s not possible for them to change a “double dip?”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I got a 2 weeks pass for the palace terrace from the S1 box, and I find it quite annoying that I get kicked out of the area when logging off and back in. It is not an instanced area, I don’t see why it’s necessary to use the pass again. Is it the same with the othre passes?

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not with permanent Royal Terrace passes. You must have the pass in possession, though.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

it is quite unfortunate. i’d love if royal terrace pass ported back, I’d use it a heck of a lot more.

Devildoc.6721

Because it sounds like a convenient excuse to continue selling “improved” VIP portal stones even if you already have one the next one is better and they never update the old ones, so they can sell you new ones every few months.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They only have one location that is an instance. I would love for it to be like the mists but it is not. I don’t think it is possible to be both an instance and within a commonly shared map (kind of the definition of instance) but if it was I am sure they would implement it.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Because it sounds like a convenient excuse to continue selling “improved” VIP portal stones even if you already have one the next one is better and they never update the old ones, so they can sell you new ones every few months.

When you join an instance like the Mistlock Sanctuary or move to another game mode (WvW, sPvP) the game remembers where you were in the “real world” it’s been like this since GW2 launched.

When you use one of the other passes like the Royal Terrace pass then you remain in the “real world” as it’s not instanced and so your “real world” position is in the Royal Terrace. That means that any attempt to send you back to where you were in the “real world” would bring you to the Royal Terrace. Hence it’s not possible.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are they improved? Except for the Mistlock one the rest have basically the same features. Access to convenience in a small area on a map. What, exactly, is the reason you’re buying multiples of these? Are you buying multiple scrolls to avoid the 2-3 silver wp fee to a map by spending 1000 gems (currently about 297 gold)? Are you buying multiples because the last one didn’t have feature X and you’d have to port to another map occasionally and spend portal time and wp fees if you didnt buy it? Because if that’s the reason, seriously, you’re not saving gold or time that way.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

The Captain’s Airship is the most useful to me because when you get to the point in your character’s personal story where you can use the Pact gates. you can just glide off the airship to the Vigil gate below to get to Orr.

Devildoc.6721

Are they improved? Except for the Mistlock one the rest have basically the same features. Access to convenience in a small area on a map. What, exactly, is the reason you’re buying multiples of these? Are you buying multiple scrolls to avoid the 2-3 silver wp fee to a map by spending 1000 gems (currently about 297 gold)? Are you buying multiples because the last one didn’t have feature X and you’d have to port to another map occasionally and spend portal time and wp fees if you didnt buy it? Because if that’s the reason, seriously, you’re not saving gold or time that way.

No, I haven’t bought multiples (though one comes with the deluxe/ultimate editions of PoF so I do have that one so I guess I have 2 now). Some of them have extra features over the royal terrace like the activities NPC, Dungeon and fractal vendors, etc. The only update they ever added to the royal terrace was the aesthetics NPC that is there to sell you makeover kits. They won’t add fractal or dungeon vendors to the old passes, but they’ll continue to add new conveniences to new passes because they want to double dip you. Whether or not you’re convinced or not and buy more than 1 pass is not the issue, the issue is the attempt to make you buy extras. It’d be nice if anet instead extended out some goodwill to those who purchased earlier passes by updating the royal terrace, airship, noble’s folly, instead of consuming/throwing away goodwill by blatantly trying to double dip customers.

Just a flesh wound.3589

No, I haven’t bought multiples (though one comes with the deluxe/ultimate editions of PoF so I do have that one so I guess I have 2 now). Some of them have extra features over the royal terrace like the activities NPC, Dungeon and fractal vendors, etc. The only update they ever added to the royal terrace was the aesthetics NPC that is there to sell you makeover kits. They won’t add fractal or dungeon vendors to the old passes, but they’ll continue to add new conveniences to new passes because they want to double dip you. Whether or not you’re convinced or not and buy more than 1 pass is not the issue, the issue is the attempt to make you buy extras. It’d be nice if anet instead extended out some goodwill to those who purchased earlier passes by updating the royal terrace, airship, noble’s folly, instead of consuming/throwing away goodwill by blatantly trying to double dip customers.

I was thinking about this.

Isn’t it common enough in a business selling selling items that the next item they make is improved a bit. When the “new and improved version” is sold, they don’t then remake the previous old item and add new features to an old item that customers have already purchased.

Yes, ANet is selling more of these. Are items with identical conveniences going to sell or does ANet need to make each one a little different to get people to buy? These are, remember, completely optional purchases and if ANet is to entice people who didn’t buy the previous version then they need change it a bit to get fresh money. One way is to increase services. A new and different location won’t be enough.

Do you think people would buy more than one of these in the numbers they do if services were identical and only location was changed?

ANet may give it to you.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It seems to me that some of the later Deluxe Areas had less to offer than some of the older ones. Seems like Havoc’s Heir has services that Noble’s Folly and Lava Lounge do not. Also, Lily of the Elon (which will be offered for sale if speaking to the NPC there is any indication) has less to offer than Havoc’s Heir, and just as much as Noble’s Folly and Lava Lounge.

So, why would players pay, again, for another Pass with less services, if services is supposed to be the attraction of the newer Deluxe Areas? Seems an odd marketing strategy.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Just a flesh wound.3589

As compared to Royal Terrace (I think this one was the first, so I’ll consider it baseline).

Havok’s heir (I think this was second): activity, guild armorer, guild promoter, guild weaponsmith
Noble’s Folly: this one’s might only be quick access to a new area of the world. (Including alts that haven’t done the story?)
Lava lounge: launch pad, activity, dungeon merchant, access to new area of the world.
Mistlock Sanctuary: the main feature seems to be the ability to return to your previous map, low gravity with special movement skills and a game inside there. Has the additional Guild NPC’s.

Lily of the Ebon: unknown. Might only be easy access to a new region of the world (probably including alts that haven’t done the story line and don’t have the waypoints).

ANet may give it to you.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Also, Royal Terrace has Guild Registrar, which some of the later Deluxe Areas do not.

Thus, there is no upgrade with each subsequent release of Deluxe Areas. Some have more services, some have different services, some have less services.

Something for everyone, I’d guess. /shrug

Just a flesh wound.3589

I believe his argument wasn’t so much that each one is successively better or different in service NPC’s (though that was part of it) but that old, previous passes weren’t updated to all have identical services. The lack of updating to make them identical is what he considered “double dipping.”

I don’t think he was being reasonable, and looking at the services offered for each, he wasn’t being accurate either. /shrug.

ANet may give it to you.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I guess ‘improved’ and ‘the next one is better’ is subjective. For me (starting with the Royal Terrace), some are worse, some are equal but not the same, some are better.

Posted by: suicidalspectre.8106

suicidalspectre.8106

Personally I have my favorites, but I mainly just use them to reduce the cost of porting by getting closer.

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Personally I have my favorites, but I mainly just use them to reduce the cost of porting by getting closer.

WvW map FTW.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: crashburntoo.7431

crashburntoo.7431

Between the Royal Terrace Pass & the LS3 ports (in the book), I can get really good map distribution to decrease WP costs. The gate in the Royal Terrace that sends you to any of the other major cities is convenient. I keep these two and the Home Portal Stone in shared inventory, so any of my characters can bounce around fairly easily.

OT, while it would be nice to have the port back feature, I understand the open world versus instance limitation. I found these items valuable in their current state for my QoL, and I enjoy the game… therefore, I spent some money.

Guild: From the Ashes Risen [FENX]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Just a flesh wound.3589

Now what we need is a pass holder, like the map portal holder. I currently have 2 passes and I’m contemplating a third (Mistlock).

As crashburntoo said, I value mine for the ability to move quickly to a specified spot on another map as well as for the services in each one.

ANet may give it to you.