[Suggestion]Allow character swap in WvW queue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

As the title suggests it’s really annoying to not being able to switch character while in WvW queue since after that we have to start over the queue again. Because I’d like to move items between characters or because I changed my mind and I want to go to wvw with another charater or simply because I want to change character whitout any important reason but I can’t for the fear of losing progression in the queue.
Could you do something about it?

(edited by Zaraki.5784)

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I second this, we can already swap professions in PvP if need be, I don’t see why not in WvW without losing our spot.

Someone in the WvW subforum I think had a great idea of reserving a spot for the account in WvW for a few minutes after logging out of a character, I think a solution like that would be a great addition.

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

What happens if your queue pops while you are on a different character? Does everyone have to wait while you switch back? Now imagine how much extra waiting time it would add for others in queues if there are 10,20,30 people ahead of you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The way it could work is:

• Click on WvW map
  • Game reports: the map is full and offers option: would you like to queue this character for this map?
  • You are given three choices:
    1. Yes, queue me on this character for this map.
    2. Sort of — queue me for the map using whatever character happens to be logged on.
    3. No, no queuing for me; not now, not ever.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What happens if your queue pops while you are on a different character? Does everyone have to wait while you switch back? Now imagine how much extra waiting time it would add for others in queues if there are 10,20,30 people ahead of you.

I expect it would have an accept timed bar, just like if it pops when you’re on a char except you need to log in to see it.

Most people are going to go to char select, switch and come back. If they go to char select and leave then the timer will remove them from the queue. In that case there’s no more additional time for others than if someone is in the world but is afk or busy and doesn’t accept the end of queue.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

While i see your point, being an alt-a-holic myself, this is very, very unfair to the folks who are stuck in the queue and get even get in for the first time.