[Suggestion] Alternatives for Fractal Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: haventr.1630

haventr.1630

I’ve been doing fractals for well over a year, and i have YET to see a fractal weapon drop. (even one i cant use) I never did high levels (31-39) until after the “Fractured” update which significantly dropped the drop rate from nearly 25%, to around 3%. An alternative that will keep players interested in completing fotm and that will let them be happy with their rewards are:
A: trading 30 pristine relics for a box that gives a RANDOM fractal weapon OR
B: trading 50-100 pristine relics for a fractal weapon of THEIR choice.
This would be great because not only do most high level fractal players not even spend their relics, but it would allow people who got screwed by “Fractured” drop rates and RNG to finally get one. Also this would be “time-gated” so it will still take much work and time to get. If i could get feedback from users or even staff that would be great. I think that this would’ve been a perfect feature for “Fractured.”
Edit: i just received a Fractal Longbow but i still think the RNG is either too low or needs an alternative.

(edited by haventr.1630)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

You mean a RNG-based rewards scheme is generally a poorly designed one, especially when the RNG-rewards are extremely low probability, and should one be lucky enough to get a reward, they go through yet another level of RNG?

It’s almost like the whole fractal rewards design (and implementation) is atrocious, in addition to fractal reward levels being atrocious.

I don’t think your fix goes far enough to fixing fractal rewards. The rewards need a complete redesign.

haventr.1630

You mean a RNG-based rewards scheme is generally a poorly designed one, especially when the RNG-rewards are extremely low probability, and should one be lucky enough to get a reward, they go through yet another level of RNG?

It’s almost like the whole fractal rewards design (and implementation) is atrocious, in addition to fractal reward levels being atrocious.

I don’t think your fix goes far enough to fixing fractal rewards. The rewards need a complete redesign.

Yes but it would at least stop the complaining of low drop rates and let people get skins guaranteed, regardless of what type of skin it is.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

The fix to something that’s poorly designed is to redesign it. Not to slap a bandaid fix that also suffers from a design flaw on the problem.

One flaw with your suggestion? It removes the prestige factor of fractal skins. Complete level 1 for a daily chest X times, and you get X fractal relics. The same amount someone who completed level 50 for a daily chest X times would get.

You know what the best way to get fractal skins would then be? Speedrun the lower tiers, starting at the lowest, because hey, fewer mechanics in some fractal, less enemy health, and less enemy damage. You’ve now turned fractal skins from what they should have been, a prestige reward for completing hard content, into a “lets grind easy content for shinies” reward.

haventr.1630

The fix to something that’s poorly designed is to redesign it. Not to slap a bandaid fix that also suffers from a design flaw on the problem.

One flaw with your suggestion? It removes the prestige factor of fractal skins. Complete level 1 for a daily chest X times, and you get X fractal relics. The same amount someone who completed level 50 for a daily chest X times would get.

You know what the best way to get fractal skins would then be? Speedrun the lower tiers, starting at the lowest, because hey, fewer mechanics in some fractal, less enemy health, and less enemy damage. You’ve now turned fractal skins from what they should have been, a prestige reward for completing hard content, into a “lets grind easy content for shinies” reward.

But it’s not really “grinding” since you can only do one tier a day, unless of course you thought i meant normal relics, which in that case, you’d be right.

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Anyone who thinks fractal weapon shows any type of prestige is totally full of themselves. Just like wurmslayer armor and tequalt weapons. It doesn’t show how good you are at the encounter or how long you done the ecounter. It only show how good your RNG is. You can get the desired skin at the first lvl 10 fractal or run lvl 50 every day AND NEVER GET IT. System needs a fix