[Suggestion]AoE loot show unclaimed loot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Unit.1875

Unit.1875

TL;DR: Have the same AoE loot but instead it go into the inventory automatically like it already does, it shows as a loot window and you choose what to take and what not (like looking at a world boss chest). Whatever you don’t take remains there (until you leave the map, go far away, a certain amount of time passes).

After coming back from a year break I have been doing a lot meta event throughout HoT and been finding that my inventory have been filling up stuff that I don’t need. Going back and loot at the settings there are the AoE Loot on Interact & Auto loot. Now without any of the setting selected, when the f key is pressed you would see a loot window and get to choose what you would like to keep and what not to keep. With the AoE loot on Interact selected you would loot everything in a 900 radius and it will automatically go into the player’s inventory. Now the auto loot does the same thing. What i’m suggesting is that we have an option for AoE loot but instead of it automatically going into the player’s inventory, it would show a unclaimed loot window of all the loot in a 900 radius. Just so we get to choose what to take and what not to take when looting.

(edited by Unit.1875)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Why not choose to take it all? With salvage-all, it’s (nearly) always going to be faster to take everything, salvage it, and sell the dregs to vendors.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To me, and this is just my opinion, of course, if one wanted to peruse the loot and manage it after each acquisition, one extra press of the ‘Interact’ key (which is what we have available presently) would not make much difference.

The advantage to (auto)Auto-loot is not having to stop and press any keys at all.

Good luck.

Unit.1875

Why not choose to take it all? With salvage-all, it’s (nearly) always going to be faster to take everything, salvage it, and sell the dregs to vendors.

I don’t need certain mats anymore and I don’t really like salvaging everything I come across. I can see where a salvage all would be nice but the problem with that is that people have gear switches in their inventories. I guess a way around that is maybe a lock option where it would lock the equipment and would still allow you to wear it but it would not show up in the vendors and would not give an option to salvage. What i’m saying is have an AoE loot like we already have but instead have the loot window of all the loot and choose what to take like a world boss check and whatever you don’t it remains there.

Unit.1875

To me, and this is just my opinion, of course, if one wanted to peruse the loot and manage it after each acquisition, one extra press of the ‘Interact’ key (which is what we have available presently) would not make much difference.

The advantage to (auto)Auto-loot is not having to stop and press any keys at all.

Good luck.

We could get an option for this and of course, if you don’t like it, you can disable it. The way it works it that it works the same way as auto but instead of it going automatically into the inventory you get a look at the loot in a loot window, just like looting a world boss chest, and from there you choose what to take and what not. Whatever you don’t will stay on the ground.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

But, we already have that with the press of a key. You said so yourself. Press ‘F’ and choose what you want, and leave the rest (with all Autoloots turned off).

Unit.1875

But, we already have that with the press of a key. You said so yourself. Press ‘F’ and choose what you want, and leave the rest (with all Autoloots turned off).

Yes but its not AoE, like 900 radius, it’s only 1 body at a time. Unless it is AoE and i’m wrong. I’ll test it ingame again soon.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t need certain mats anymore and I don’t really like salvaging everything I come across. I can see where a salvage all would be nice but the problem with that is that people have gear switches in their inventories. I guess a way around that is maybe a lock option where it would lock the equipment and would still allow you to wear it but it would not show up in the vendors and would not give an option to salvage. What i’m saying is have an AoE loot like we already have but instead have the loot window of all the loot and choose what to take like a world boss check and whatever you don’t it remains there.

Do you have invisible bags? Put your gear switches in there and they won’t salvage when you use ‘salvage all’. And if you have rare or exotic then they won’t salvage either when you choose the option ‘salvage masterwork and below’ no matter where you have the gear switches.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I have never understood how it could be called AOE loot why there’s a setting option to turn it on or off when it really doesn’t AOE loot at all.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Unit.1875

Do you have invisible bags? Put your gear switches in there and they won’t salvage when you use ‘salvage all’. And if you have rare or exotic then they won’t salvage either when you choose the option ‘salvage masterwork and below’ no matter where you have the gear switches.

Never knew they had this option. Haven’t played in a year, thanks for the tip.

Just a flesh wound.3589

You know, just because you don’t want those mats now doesn’t mean you won’t want them later. In addition, refusing loot is refusing gold. Gold that you may very much want later for a future goal. It’s far better to accept all loot, use the option from your salvage kit ‘salvage all masterwork and lower’ to mass salvage then send all the mats directly to your material storage by using
1) options (gear icon, top right hand corner of your char’s inventory) then select
2) ‘deposit all materials.’ And send it off.
When you get a stack of something, pull it out and sell it on the trading post. Easy gold. (Or a least a few silver).

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

You know, just because you don’t want those mats now doesn’t mean you won’t want them later. In addition, refusing loot is refusing gold. Gold that you may very much want later for a future goal. It’s far better to accept all loot, use the option from your salvage kit ‘salvage all masterwork and lower’ to mass salvage then send all the mats directly to your material storage by using
1) options (gear icon, top right hand corner of your char’s inventory) then select
When you get a stack of something, pull it out and sell it on the trading post. Easy gold. (Or a least a few silver).

Again I don’t really care about the gold and mats because I have full stacks in my bank and most mats from event metas are worth absolutely nothing in the tp. I don’t want to waste time dragging the items off my screen to delete or go to a vendor to sell for 5 copper. Yes I know they add up but I have other ways to make money.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, frankly. I don’t think you’ve made a good enough argument about how a change like this would advantage more than the few people who don’t want to sell their loot. If it’s supposed to be a time saver, the time it would take for the player to stop playing and evaluate each set of drops then select and keep only the ones they want would add up to far more time than it takes to salvage, send off and later pull out a stack of mats and vendor or directly sale to buyers. So if it doesn’t save time and you lose gold then I’m not seeing an advantage to your suggestion.

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

Well, frankly. I don’t think you’ve made a good enough argument about how a change like this would advantage more than the few people who don’t want to sell their loot. If it’s supposed to be a time saver, the time it would take for the player to stop playing and evaluate each set of drops then select and keep only the ones they want would add up to far more time than it takes to salvage, send off and later pull out a stack of mats and vendor or directly sale to buyers. So if it doesn’t save time and you lose gold then I’m not seeing an advantage to your suggestion.

The thing is it’s how I play and probably many other players as well who want to explore the map and play with friends without going back and forth to towns/merchants to sell stuff. Again I don’t care about gold and once again, it’s a check box option, you don’t like it, you don’t check it. For me it saves time because really meta event mats are not even worth it to pick up so having this option would save time. Sure, maybe you lose a bit of copper but I could make that copper back by killing another mob and picking up the loot that’s actually worth something instead of wasting a inv slot and bringing it to a merchant.

Just a flesh wound.3589

The thing is it’s how I play and probably many other players as well who want to explore the map and play with friends without going back and forth to towns/merchants to sell stuff. Again I don’t care about gold and once again, it’s a check box option, you don’t like it, you don’t check it. For me it saves time because really meta event mats are not even worth it to pick up so having this option would save time. Sure, maybe you lose a bit of copper but I could make that copper back by killing another mob and picking up the loot that’s actually worth something instead of wasting a inv slot and bringing it to a merchant.

explore the map and play with friends without going back and forth to towns/merchants to sell stuff.

Are you doing this? Why are you doing this? I’ve never have. That’s very inefficient.

1) my inventory is mostly clean because I salvage and send loot off. I don’t have a full inventory of items that I need to sell.
2) Heart merchants are frequent in most maps. Use them to vendor your runes, sigils and junk. Keep your inventory clean in between time so you don’t have to visit a merchant. Most maps also frequently have merchants. At the end of the play period, waypoint to one, vendor, log off. Or visit a merch in the down time between meta events and vendor.
3) instead of waypointing to a town, selling and coming back, use the trading post from wherever you are.

having this option would save time.

Actually I think it would take more time than salvaging and sending off. With each loot drop you would have to pause playing, evaluate and then accept or reject the loot you want. And then you would still need to salvage or sell. Since you get loot with each mob you kill you’re pausing to look it over each time. All that adds up and I very much doubt it would take less time overall.

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

explore the map and play with friends without going back and forth to towns/merchants to sell stuff.

Are you doing this? Why are you doing this? I’ve never have. That’s very inefficient.

1) my inventory is mostly clean because I salvage and send loot off. I don’t have a full inventory of items that I need to sell.
2) Heart merchants are frequent in most maps. Use them to vendor your runes, sigils and junk. Keep your inventory clean in between time so you don’t have to visit a merchant. Most maps also frequently have merchants. At the end of the play period, waypoint to one, vendor, log off.
3) instead of waypointing to a town, selling and coming back, use the trading post from wherever you are.

Actually I think it would take more time than salvaging and sending off. With each loot drop you would have to pause playing, evaluate and then accept or reject the loot you want. And then you would still need to salvage or sell. Since you get loot with each mob you kill you’re pausing to look it over each time. All that adds up and I very much doubt it would take less time overall.

Again you still don’t understand. I DO NOT want to pick up some of the loot. I DO NOT care about the money. I DO NOT want to salvage everything i get. Look at this through my point of view. As well this option WILL NOT affect YOUR gameplay whatsoever. The only time it’s saving it going to a merchant when you’re far out from one. As well, like I mentioned I do metas a lot so most mats from them are worthless as I have multiple stacks of them and they are worth basically nothing on the TP. It will only help people like me and others who also want this (aka a lot of my friends). This is simply a QoL for player who want the option and people who do not just simply don’t use it. Simple as that.

Just a flesh wound.3589

2) Heart merchants are frequent in most maps. Use them to vendor your runes, sigils and junk. Keep your inventory clean in between time so you don’t have to visit a merchant. Most maps also frequently have merchants. At the end of the play period, waypoint to one, vendor, log off.

Again you still don’t understand. I DO NOT want to pick up some of the loot. I DO NOT care about the money. I DO NOT want to salvage everything i get. Look at this through my point of view. As well this option WILL NOT affect YOUR gameplay whatsoever. The only time it’s saving it going to a merchant when you’re far out from one. As well, like I mentioned I do metas a lot so most mats from them are worthless as I have multiple stacks of them and they are worth basically nothing on the TP. It will only help people like me and others who also want this (aka a lot of my friends). This is simply a QoL for player who want the option and people who do not just simply don’t use it. Simple as that.

Ok. Let’s look at it another way.

With your suggestion with each and every drop you’ll need to stop in the middle of playing, evaluate, then hit accept or reject on each piece of loot that’s in the loot box. How is this faster than opening up your inventory when it gets full or at your convenience and hitting delete for each loot you don’t want? I mean, you’re asking to be continuously nagged and asked to make loot decisions while playing instead of opening your inventory at your leisure and cleaning it out.

Edit:
Or if it’s something you do at the end of playing because it stacks up, how is
Openpanel no openpanel no openpanel yes openpanel no openpanel no openpanel yes openpanel no openpanel no openpanel no openpanel no openpanel yes: faster than open inventory delete delete delete delete delete delete?

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Sorting through the loot before it goes into your inventory is likely going to be just as time consuming as sorting through your loot after it’s in your inventory. If there’s some loot you consider valuable and some you consider trash, you’ll have to look through it regardless. The way I see it, salvage all for specific rarities is the only way to speed up the process. The only other solution I can see would be not picking up any loot at all, ever. Would you rather do that?

Unit.1875

Sorting through the loot before it goes into your inventory is likely going to be just as time consuming as sorting through your loot after it’s in your inventory. If there’s some loot you consider valuable and some you consider trash, you’ll have to look through it regardless. The way I see it, salvage all for specific rarities is the only way to speed up the process. The only other solution I can see would be not picking up any loot at all, ever. Would you rather do that?

Again for the fifth time. It’s an option. For players like me. You don’t like it, you don’t use it. It doesn’t affect anyone, why does nobody see that or keeps an open mind about this.

Unit.1875

Ok. Let’s look at it another way.

With your suggestion with each and every drop you’ll need to stop in the middle of playing, evaluate, then hit accept or reject on each piece of loot that’s in the loot box. How is this faster than opening up your inventory when it gets full or at your convenience and hitting delete for each loot you don’t want? I mean, you’re asking to be continuously nagged and asked to make loot decisions while playing instead of opening your inventory at your leisure and cleaning it out.

Edit:
Or if it’s something you do at the end of playing because it stacks up, how is
Openpanel no openpanel no openpanel yes openpanel no openpanel no openpanel yes openpanel no openpanel no openpanel no openpanel no openpanel yes: faster than open inventory delete delete delete delete delete delete?

Again it’s the way I play. Destroying items you would still have to press “yes” and for some items, type out the name. It evens out. Literally everyone comment on this post have been negative, no one keeps an open mind nor look at the idea through the submitter’s eyes. It does not affect anyone but the players who have it checked off.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I was thinking about this topic and it struck me, no matter what arguments a particular player can make ANet will never put this in game because it completely devalues the gemstore inventory bag purchases and the ingame (X# of slots) bags.

Let’s say I have a new char with a starting 20 slot bag and one or two 4 slots bags. If the game had the OPs suggestion and I enable it I never need to upgrade my inventory. I just let the lootpanels accumulate on the side and at the end of the day I open, accept (or reject) and sell/salvage in sequence until the loot panels are empty. With the side loot panels waiting there for me to open up I now have an extremely large inventory. No need to buy extra inventory bags from the gemstore or craft or buy bags ingame. So, not only would this hurt ANet’s sales of the bags but it would hurt the value of the ingame bag. Which means there’s no chance ANet would put this in.

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

I was thinking about this topic and it struck me, no matter what arguments a particular player can make ANet will never put this in game because it completely devalues the gemstore inventory bag purchases and the ingame (X# of slots) bags.

Let’s say I have a new char with a starting 20 slot bag and one or two 4 slots bags. If the game had the OPs suggestion and I enable it I never need to upgrade my inventory. I just let the lootpanels accumulate on the side and at the end of the day I open, accept (or reject) and sell/salvage in sequence until the loot panels are empty. With the side loot panels waiting there for me to open up I now have an extremely large inventory. No need to buy extra inventory bags from the gemstore or craft or buy bags ingame. So, not only would this hurt ANet’s sales of the bags but it would hurt the value of the ingame bag. Which means there’s no chance ANet would put this in.

I don’t get how it would hurt the bag value if it’s the player’s choice to take loot or not. That just seems stupid.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Again I don’t really care about the gold and mats because I have full stacks in my bank and most mats from event metas are worth absolutely nothing in the tp. I don’t want to waste time dragging the items off my screen to delete or go to a vendor to sell for 5 copper. Yes I know they add up but I have other ways to make money.

You can press O anywere and instantly sell to buyers the materials you dont want.
That would surely be quicker then going through each loot item in the pop up bag.

Edit

You do know that you can use the pvp lobby crossed sword icon in top left corner to sell stuff at laurel merchant from anywere right?

Edit2
Wait how long will this loot window be open? if its only for each fight then its not a time saver buy more bags or carry less stuff.
If its like the poster above me it wont get implemented either.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s probably unlikely that resources would be spent on something so few would embrace. Especially, when there are features that, with a little extra player effort, provide the function desired.

Still, good luck.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t get how it would hurt the bag value if it’s the player’s choice to take loot or not. That just seems stupid.

Look again at my example. What you are actually suggesting is an extremely large “invisible” inventory container off to the side, through unopened loot panels.

A player now buys or crafts large size inventory bags or buys extra bag slots from the gemstore. Why should a player buy the bags when he can store loot in the “invisible” loot panels until he decides to accept the loot? He can have only the starter 20 bag and wait to accept all his loot at the end of the day. He could have an extremely large amount of loot in the loot panels sitting there. No need to upgrade his inventory since it won’t fill up while playing.

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

Look again at my example. What you are actually suggesting is an extremely large “invisible” inventory container off to the side, through unopened loot panels.

A player now buys or crafts large size inventory bags or buys extra bag slots from the gemstore. Why should a player buy the bags when he can store loot in the “invisible” loot panels until he decides to accept the loot? He can have only the starter 20 bag and wait to accept all his loot at the end of the day. He could have an extremely large amount of loot in the loot panels sitting there. No need to upgrade his inventory since it won’t fill up while playing.

I have not mentioned anything about invisible bags or anything like that. The only thing I am suggesting is that the NORMAL looting how it shows a loot window be AOE. That’s it. There’s no way it is “OP” or anything because you know why? Because you stated before that it will take longer to remove loot/filter it out of your inventory. So how would that ruin the gem store in anyway. It makes it longer and hard for people like me to filter out the loot so there will be no advantage. Plus there are already 2 options plus a mastery that allows auto loot. Wouldn’t making people autoloot be easier? So why not add this?

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have not mentioned anything about invisible bags or anything like that. The only thing I am suggesting is that the NORMAL looting how it shows a loot window be AOE. That’s it. There’s no way it is “OP” or anything because you know why? Because you stated before that it will take longer to remove loot/filter it out of your inventory. So how would that ruin the gem store in anyway. It makes it longer and hard for people like me to filter out the loot so there will be no advantage. Plus there are already 2 options plus a mastery that allows auto loot. Wouldn’t making people auto be easier? So why not add this?

Ok. I’m not talking about invisible bags. I’ll try again to explain.

Player A has one 20 slot starter bag and no other bags. Why should he buy or craft gemstore bags or ingame bags when he can enable your loot suggestion and let all his loot sit in the not yet accepted loot panels all day until he decides to open them before he logs out.

This effectively gives him an enormous, free increase to his inventory size. All the loot that would need inventory slots is sitting in the loot panel inventory until he decides to open it. For that he only needs the original 20 slot starter bag as he can open the loot panel and accept in sequence. He can accumulate loot for hours this way without having a single item go to his one, single 20 slot bag.

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

I have not mentioned anything about invisible bags or anything like that. The only thing I am suggesting is that the NORMAL looting how it shows a loot window be AOE. That’s it. There’s no way it is “OP” or anything because you know why? Because you stated before that it will take longer to remove loot/filter it out of your inventory. So how would that ruin the gem store in anyway. It makes it longer and hard for people like me to filter out the loot so there will be no advantage. Plus there are already 2 options plus a mastery that allows auto loot. Wouldn’t making people auto be easier? So why not add this?

Player A has one 20 slot starter bag and no other bags. Why should he buy or craft gemstore bags or ingame bags when he can enable your loot suggestion and let all his loot sit in the not yet accepted loot panels all day until he decides to open them before he logs out.

This effectively gives him an enormous, free increase to his inventory size. All the loot that would need inventory slots is sitting in the loot panel inventory until he decides to open it. For that he only needs the original 20 slot starter bag as he can open the loot panel and accept in sequence. He can accumulate loot for hours this way without having a single item go to his one, single 20 slot bag.

the loot window is only on the body and functions like the normal looting if you had the AoE loot on interact setting and Auto loot setting (already in game) checked off. There is not invisible bags or anything and after a certain distance walking away or changing maps the loot will disappear like it does normally. Nothing is added no invisible bags no free bag slot no nothing. THE NORMAL LOOTING BUT AOE. Go try it for yourself.

Just a flesh wound.3589

the loot window is only on the body and functions like the normal looting if you had the AoE loot on interact setting and Auto loot setting (already in game) checked off. There is not invisible bags or anything and after a certain distance walking away or changing maps the loot will disappear like it does normally. Nothing is added no invisible bags no free bag slot no nothing. THE NORMAL LOOTING BUT AOE. Go try it for yourself.

Ok. I see.

So you’re saying you want a system that instead of giving you loot automatically to handle at your convenience and in your own time, you want a system where the game continuously nags you with each drop to accept or not accept loot, or else lose it permanently.

/shrug.

To each his own. I can’t imagine how being constantly nagged by the game to accept/not accept loot and having to stop what I’m doing to check the loot and decide what to do with it takes less effort or time than to manage inventory when it’s convenient, but maybe the Devs will look into it.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Still takes more time to click on the 2-3 out of 6 items you want in every battle then stop once your bags are full and delet those 3 item stacks mate.

Unit.1875

Still takes more time to click on the 2-3 out of 6 items you want in every battle then stop once your bags are full and delet those 3 item stacks mate.

Again that’s your opinion. Everyone plays the game differently and there’s no right or wrong way to play a game like guild wars. This is just another option to looting for people that are like me.

Unit.1875

Ok. I see.

So you’re saying you want a system that instead of giving you loot automatically to handle at your convenience and in your own time, you want a system where the game continuously nags you with each drop to accept or not accept loot, or else lose it permanently.

/shrug.

To each his own. I can’t imagine how being constantly nagged by the game to accept/not accept loot and having to stop what I’m doing to check the loot and decide what to do with it takes less effort or time than to manage inventory when it’s convenient, but maybe the Devs will look into it.

Well for someone with OCD I can’t enjoy games when my inventory is constantly messy after about 15 mins of playing so me cleaning and filtering things I want and things I don’t want before it goes into the inventory I’ll be happy with taking an extra second to take the loot I want.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok. I see.

/shrug.

Well for someone with OCD I can’t enjoy games when my inventory is constantly messy after about 15 mins of playing so me cleaning and filtering things I want and things I don’t want before it goes into the inventory I’ll be happy with taking an extra second to take the loot I want.

No doubt.

However each change to the game takes dev time and money. Any changes made need to benefit as many people as possible because dev time and money are both limited resources. Whether or not Devs make a change like this depends how many people who don’t want the gold from loot, don’t mind the game bugging them after each drop, don’t mind having to micromanage inventory every few minutes while killing and don’t mind that they could miss valuable loot by it expiring before accepting. If that population is high enough then it will be worth the effort to put it in.

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

Ok. I see.

/shrug.

No doubt.

However each change to the game takes dev time and money. Any changes made need to benefit as many people as possible because dev time and money are both limited resources. Whether or not Devs make a change like this depends how many people who don’t want the gold from loot, don’t mind the game bugging them after each drop, don’t mind having to micromanage inventory every few minutes while killing and don’t mind that they could miss valuable loot by it expiring before accepting. If that population is high enough then it will be worth the effort to put it in.

Coding wouldn’t take more than 10 mins. You take the original AoE loot on interact code, find the code that make it go into the inventory and take the code from the original loot code where it shows the loot window and input it there.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wa. I just in.

Look again at my example. What you are actually suggesting is an extremely large “invisible” inventory container off to the side, through unopened loot panels. g.

d this?

ing a single item go to his one, single 20 slot bag.

Ok. I see.

/shrug.

No doubt.

Coding wouldn’t take more than 10 mins. You take the original AoE loot on interact code, find the code that make it go into the inventory and take the code from the original loot code where it shows the loot window and input it there.

No doubt.

For that comment, I’ll just leave this quote here (relevant part highlighted)

At this point, I need to interject. I am familiar with the process of changing to a multi-modality system of game presentation, having written about it long ago, when I was a journalist writing about another company and another game. For that game, too, players said “No big deal.” And they were absolutely wrong. They said, “Just tweak a few stats, lower a few spawns, and voila, you’ve got it!” No, that’s not how it worked. And that’s not how I think it would work for Guild Wars 2. 

I will ask about this, and if we’re prepared to say something official, one of us will do so. But it’s counterproductive to have a discussion head down the path of misinformation and what seems to be a growing error in assumption. With all due respect, unless you’re a developer for GW2 you are not qualified to make a statement about the time needed, difficulty involved, or feasibility of such a feature.

You’re welcome to discuss the situation, and we appreciate that you want to do that. We welcome the conversation! But please participate by sharing what you’d like to see, and why, and don’t be misled by individual, external assumptions about the feasibility or practicality of such a request.

But good luck in your quest to have the game enable AutoNag as an option to bypass AutoLoot.

ANet may give it to you.

Unit.1875

You know what you’re all right, this option is unless. No point of playing the game how I want it. Too much time will take to code it. It seems like no one else wants this but me.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This completely defeats the purpose of auto-loot though. The point is that you don’t have to press anything to loot.

Unit.1875

This completely defeats the purpose of auto-loot though. The point is that you don’t have to press anything to loot.

I’m not even gonna explain anymore.

Just a flesh wound.3589

You can want what you want and you can most definitely ask but requested features need sufficient demand to be added as each feature does take scarce dev time and budget. There was a reason why auto loot was so anticipated and is widely used. The number of people who want to micromanage their inventory isn’t all that high. The number that don’t want gold isn’t much higher.

May I suggest that you stop opening up your inventory every few minutes (as you seem to be doing from your comment above about it getting messy in 15 minutes) and let it accumulate until it’s full. I suspect it’s the annoyance of frequent opening up your inventory, messing with it and seeing it disordered that’s behind your annoyance with autoloot.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

Look at this through my point of view.

One of the problems with this forum community is that people generally seem completely incapable of seeing anyone else’s point of view. That applies to both sides of many suggestions.

I’m pretty much neutral to the suggestion but I definitely understand why the OP is suggesting it. I could see using it if it were done right. There are definitely ways that it could be made to work for people who do want it and still not have any affect on people who don’t. There are already several loot overflow windows that can pop up so it shouldn’t be that difficult to add an option to have it pop up when inventory is not full. It would, of course, have to be an option with the default set to work as it currently does. It would be up to people who want this to modify the option.

First, there would be the following option set (you’d select one of these, they are mutually exclusive):
1) only show when loot exceeds inventory space (default)
2) always show

There could also be a second set of options for auto-filtering loot, such as (you’d select one of these, they are mutually exclusive):
1) keep everything (default)
2) discard all junk items
3) discard all fine and below items
4) discard all masterwork and below items
(maybe there’d be other similar options)

Another alternative idea would be to improve how auto-looting prioritizes items going into inventory. It makes no sense when I auto loot if there’s more loot than I have space for something like a broken claw goes in while a level 80 rare or an exotic does not. They could adjust the code so that if there’s not enough space for everything, higher rarity goes into inventory first.

I would think the loot panels would work as they do now. If ANET were to consider this suggestion, it makes absolutely no sense at all why they would implement it the way you suggest here. It also makes no sense at all why you would suggest that it would unless you are deliberately trying to undermine the suggestion. Why would you do that?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Autoloot, Salvage All, Deposit All, and Anywhere TP Selling combine to render this a “very unlikely to be made” suggestion since it doesn’t add quality of life for probably around 95% of players.

Inventory management on an ad hoc basis does not fit well with this game’s economy design, as the way it works is that you are bombarded with tons of mostly useless items that you can break down and convert into semi-useful materials to sell and use that money to buy things from the TP that you want. If you just leave things on the ground you are going to wind up very unhappy when you can’t afford to buy anything on the TP.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

What your suggesting is exactly how the AoE Loot option used to function without AutoLoot enabled. It should still function like this… quite honestly the current behavior of AutoLooting with only AoE Loot enabled is most likely a bug that has simply gone unnoticed for a long time now since the vast majority of the player base uses both options anyways.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.