Suggestion: Aquatic Helm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Since the aquatic helm hasn’t gotten any love since release and it’s just another unnecessary goldsink (especially if you have to buy 7 expensive runes), I suggest to upgrade the normal helm into an aquatic helm, so you can use your normal helm both on land and under water. The costs to upgrade your helm could be a new goldsink, which I would be happy to sink my gold in.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Some underwater filters take the appearance of armor helms already. I’m just sad they can’t be dyed the the rest.

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

I just want to pimp out a speedo!

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Some underwater filters take the appearance of armor helms already. I’m just sad they can’t be dyed the the rest.

actually they technically can if you use the preview window with the breather and dyes, they just never added the UI to let us make the change permanent

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

actually they technically can if you use the preview window with the breather and dyes, they just never added the UI to let us make the change permanent

Or they make the normal helm upgradeable, so you don’t have to worry about an aquatic helm at all.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Or they make the normal helm upgradeable, so you don’t have to worry about an aquatic helm at all.

That would be ideal. Just graphically altering our current visible helmet would do the trick. As for the breather hiding the helmet, there are ways around that. When they make items like these in other games, some of them have flags that can be set and cause other parts of gear to become hidden (the diving goggles are the perfect example, equipping them causes all you gear to vanish), so if they wanted they could flag the breather to appear underwater and leave absolutely everything else about your helmet intact, clipping issues and everything. And they do have something like this in game because when you wear “sleeves” on your chest armor, 90% of them override any glove item you have on, cutting it off at the wrist. Female pve light armor feathered, tactical, exhalted… all these and more are flagged to cut off the gloves at the wrist because of their “sleeves” which are so thin I feel its uncalled for… different gripe. Conversely female pve medium “duelist” chest armor has sleeves, but they do not cover the gloves…its just a programming flag setting. Regardless, I’m saying they have the technical means to “add” the aquabreather skin “on top” of (or clipping through) your currently equipped land helmet.

There are so many things I would like to see them fix about underwater combat, this being one, but I honestly doubt we are going to see any of it until “Bubbles” comes into the picture because what must be 90% or more of the population appears to have some weird hangup about underwater fighting.