[Suggestion] Asuraball : Make this official!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Twitch stream here : http://www.twitch.tv/merforga1/b/571382524

The game starts at around 30 minutes.

The rules are this : Everyone is a guardian. Team members can only use [Banish]. The goalkeeper can use [Banish], [Ring of Warding], [Shield of Absorption] and [Sanctuary]. Traits are Valor : IX (Honorable Shield), Honor : IX (Two-Handed Mastery), Virtues : VI (Master of Consecration). No sigils, no runes and no trinkets.

The cooldown on [Banish] is great because it forces people to be careful of when to use it.

So my suggestion is to make it a proper mini-game with a proper arena and the proper skills. It could be based on the current sPvP system.

Edit : The rules were changed a bit for the second game. Goalkeepers could no longer leave their position and we all had to start behind an invisible line. The ball also always started in the center of the arena. Personally, I liked it better when the ball could appear anywhere on the center line. It was much more fun because it forced us to play differently every time.

(edited by Kasima.8143)

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Genius pure genius!

+1111111111111111111

A-Net please listen to this wise OP!

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Huh.

You know, if they made a bundle with the right moves on it, such as a toy, you could have everyone playing this.

Yeah, I could easily see a costume brawl weapon or two for this. One for the players, one for the goal keepers, maybe. Then you can just let the players find where they want to play, set up their own team sizes, and what not.

In fact, give the goalie toys a “create ball” power that summons a white quaggan with black spots that takes no damage but has no KB resist and despawns after 5 minutes or when they make a new one.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Small video from when my guild used to play GW2 on SoR. Our small video explains the rules real quick (much shorter and to the point video with instructions on how to play)

link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3gCCbQY5dQ

We actually had a tournament of this and it was fun as hell.
We made some adjustments though, no ring of warding (including goalie, because trapping the ball sucks when it happens), no hammer 3 (it did weird things)

I really hope they bring this mode into the game :P

Edit: this was back in 2013 – props to whoever in TTS brought this back to life

(edited by LostBalloon.6423)

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

This is amazing.

Omg.

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Huh.

You know, if they made a bundle with the right moves on it, such as a toy, you could have everyone playing this.

Yeah, I could easily see a costume brawl weapon or two for this. One for the players, one for the goal keepers, maybe. Then you can just let the players find where they want to play, set up their own team sizes, and what not.

In fact, give the goalie toys a “create ball” power that summons a white quaggan with black spots that takes no damage but has no KB resist and despawns after 5 minutes or when they make a new one.

The issue though is with the arena. The arena we had was impractical because of the the corners in which the ball got stuck fairly often and the 2 open sides. We would need an arena that is either completely round, rectangle or octagon shaped.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The twitch stream is like watching people herd cats for the first 25 minutes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Huh.

The issue though is with the arena. The arena we had was impractical because of the the corners in which the ball got stuck fairly often and the 2 open sides. We would need an arena that is either completely round, rectangle or octagon shaped.

Yeah, we played it in the open space by the windmill on the borderlands maps and used rams for the goalposts and out of bounds markers. (also referee was using broomstick instead of tag for obvious reasons :P )

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Huh.

That’s part of the good thing about making it costume brawl toys. You can set up the game pretty much anywhere you can get the people together for it. I’m sure fans of the idea will quickly compile a list of good arenas/locations for it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

This is actually great.

A sPvP mini-game arena with a lobby for this, kegbrawl, and other community ideas would be awesome.

I also like the toy idea.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Trax.9263

Trax.9263

This game is way too brilliant to not be added into the game. Just an update, our second run was slightly smoother and better balanced.

Posted by: NireFang.4370

NireFang.4370

This game is so fun it should have it’s own arena! Team uniforms would be cool to have!

Posted by: InfernoCrossing.8063

InfernoCrossing.8063

I’m done with the internet today since anything else I see won’t be able to top what I just watched (past the 30 minute mark, at least).

[Stormbluff Isle since September ’12] |VZ|
Ragnarune | Lily Vinheim | Voirdere
Viezza

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I’ve had an awesome time 1v1ing another hammer guardian, tallying who gets the most banishes successfully on the other. It’s like strategic grabass, having to keep track of your aegis, blind, dodge and block (as well as the other guy’s). Great practice and banish is sooo satisfying when it connects. (my best score was 11 to 2, for posterity)

Posted by: Trax.9263

Trax.9263

Round 3 of the TTS Asura Ball (NA timeslot) @ http://www.twitch.tv/ttsgamers/b/571575870
:D