[Suggestion] Audio channel for Weapon FX

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Could we please get a separate audio channel in the game’s options to regulate the volume of weapons’ special effects? (Yes, that mainly goes for legendaries, as I can’t think of other skins that have special audio effects.) It is currently tied to “Effects Volume”.

For instance, I can’t stand the constant crackling of Bolt. (I just finished the legendary, and the YouTube videos I had watched didn’t make it stand out like that, i.e. that the crackling is a continuous sound as opposed to only playing when drawn.) It is majorly distracting und unpleasant, and I am considering using a transmutation charge only so I won’t have to hear it anymore.

Another good (and majorly annoying) example is the constant neighing of The Dreamer everytime a shot is fired. I don’t own that one (and never will, mind you), but have a guild mate who uses it during our raids — yikes!

If it’s possible, please add the option. You would immensely enhance my GW2 gaming experience.

Ashantara.8731

P.S. I have tried adjusting the volume by using the effects channel, but that just doesn’t suffice as it affects all effects’ volume.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Many, MANY of us have been asking for something like this for a long time. They have said that they are looking into some different options for dealing with this, such as a button to allow players to disable the sounds, but we haven’t heard anything concrete regarding a plan as of yet, to my knowledge.

I still pray for the day that I don’t have to listen to The Dreamer, aka. Trollbow.

Ashantara.8731

Many, MANY of us have been asking for something like this for a long time. They have said that they are looking into some different options for dealing with this, such as a button to allow players to disable the sounds, but we haven’t heard anything concrete regarding a plan as of yet, to my knowledge.

I still pray for the day that I don’t have to listen to The Dreamer, aka. Trollbow.

Oh well, thanks for the info. That’s a bummer. I do hope there will be something done soon. (A sound deactivation option for those weapons would be great.)

I’ve already transmuted Bolt into Whisperbladeahh, the silence, sooooo nice.