Suggestion: Auto-Deposit Materials

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

Hey ArenaNet,

I’m curious if there’s ever been any thought about having the option to let Materials Auto-Deposit to your Material Storage after breaking down an item? It’s annoying to Break 1 > Deposit Material > Break 2 Deposit Material > Break 3 items > Deposit Material > Break 4-6 > Deposit Material.

Why not have a toggle, and when there is space, it’ll auto-deposit. Otherwise, leave in bag?

Just a thought.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why do you need to deposit after each salvage? Why not salvage all then deposit?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or use the ‘Deposit All Materials’ option, once finished salvaging. One click for all (or most, anyway).

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

That works unless you’re already over crowded inventory. If you have limited inventory space, due to any number of reasons (haven’t organized in a few days) (Particularly successful dungeons runs) (Fractals) (getting spammed with bag after bag of armor) whatever. I always end up with just a few inventory spaces to work with and having to Unpack bag, Salvage armor, Deposit all, Unpack bag, Salvage armor, Deposit All,

It be nice if I could just… toggle on.. “Deposit All Materials” and then when I’m harvesting/breaking down/opening bags/etc the materials I have space for will go straight there.

Just a suggestion.

(edited by Genreninja.8516)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This could be handy as long as it’s an easy toggle. Otherwise you could never take mats out of storage, they’d bounce right back in, and then how would we contribute to the guild halls? Or heck, just sell off part of our supply when we need some coin but want to hold onto a base amount of mats.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

It would be okay if it was a toggle as has been suggested. however my reason for it being a toggle is different then the ones mentioned.

Sometimes when farming stuff we are farming to sell, not keep. It’s preferable to keep this stuff in inventory so it can be sold directly, instead of needing to go to the bank to collect it.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Or learn to salvage?
If you’re running low on inventory space start by salvaging all light armor (only 2 things will drop, cloth and luck) if you get smacked with both deposit/use and now you have 2 spaces salvage another light you have 3 spaces, etc… By the time you finish the lights you should have enough space to salvage everything in whatever order you like.
(I’m not opposed to more “auto” things, but when it comes to inventory/space management this one could get really ugly if the system is even slightly inconvenient.)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner