[Suggestion] Auto Sort Bags and Bank Space

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

Please give us a button that will auto-sort our bags and banks space like WoW does in their new expansion. There is so much busy work already with TP, vendoring, and salvaging the mass quantity of trash we get as rewards. This would help reduce the level of busy work and allow us to get back to the fun stuff a little faster.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

sorry never played wow, can you explain exactly what auto sort means?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Auto sort will stack items of the same kind to their maximum sized stack and order inventory on type, description or other parameters. LotRO, which allows 3rd party addons had some extremely good inventory sorters the last time I played that game. It is especially nice if you can set bank tabs or inventory bags to specific types of items. The closest GW2 has is the different bags such as invisible or crafting and it will compact inventory but it is a bare bones sorter at best.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I agree the stacking method can be improved…altho i don’t see it as a major priority. There are other more important things to improve.

The sorting system we have now is decent. One thing that will greatly improve your bagspace when it comes down the the trademarked anet rewards (trash in it’s purest form) i suggest u buy one of dem’ copper salvage robot thingies. It will make your life 90% easier.

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

One thing that will greatly improve your bagspace when it comes down the the trademarked anet rewards (trash in it’s purest form) i suggest u buy one of dem’ copper salvage robot thingies. It will make your life 90% easier.

yeep i have one and couldn’t live without it. speaking of which i would love to have a single click salvage option with that thingy for greens and blues. i’m a bit weary of the inventory management mini-game.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

well there is the compact and deposit collectables option those are very useful

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Rebound.3409

@Mordalus more then that i would love to not get the salvage “yes/no” message box when i try to salvage an yellow item with a “yellow” salvage kit or silver robot thing. I am tired of that useless message.

That message would be useful when by accident you try to salvage a yellow item with a green/normal salvage kit. In that case the warning is valid because it prevents you from using a kit that gives u less “stuff” from the item.

Plus yellow items are not worth keeping anyway…they are a guaranteed salvage in most cases, for ectos.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Personally i always hated it to touch those autosort buttons by accident in games
where we had something like that, because i simply like to group stuff myself in
a special way in my bank, and those buttons always made me a lot of work.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Rebound.3409

Wouldn’t be a problem if u can reasign the keys.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Wouldn’t be a problem if u can reasign the keys.

Mostly its a button you can click with your mouse, and it sorts without asking if you really want to do it. Then the button is maybe even in a row with some other buttons .. maybe next to options or whatever else ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There’s a reason there are bags that certain items drop into first. An improved sorting option would reduce the need of those.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes