[Suggestion] Black Fractal Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jomaz.9517

Jomaz.9517

It is not a big suggestion, and the title should explain itself, but, for the past 3 weeks I can’t stop thinking about how cool would it be if we got a Black Fractal Weapon. It would have the same effects of the Gold or the normal one, only that would leave a black trail. And, for acquiring it, I was thinking about buying the Crate, just like the Golden one, that we could buy with 10 Cubes of Stabilized Dark Energy, and 20 Integrated Fractal Matrix, instead of the Golden Fractal Relics. Or maybe, add in the game a Black Fractal Relic, whatever Anet decide it is best.
Anyways, any opnions on this matter?
Thanks for the attention :D

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Interesting idea, Jomaz.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Black is always good. +1

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Might get me back into Fractals again if that were to happen. Maybe……

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

How about, instead of introducing the same weapon in a different color, the devs finally make it possible to dye weapons?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

How about, instead of introducing the same weapon in a different color, the devs finally make it possible to dye weapons?

This is why it is unlikely to happen

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3394gf/backpacks_and_dyes_why_not/cqjqrbj/

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’ve give anything to have a set of pure black weapons.

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

It is not a big suggestion, and the title should explain itself, but, for the past 3 weeks I can’t stop thinking about how cool would it be if we got a Black Fractal Weapon. It would have the same effects of the Gold or the normal one, only that would leave a black trail. And, for acquiring it, I was thinking about buying the Crate, just like the Golden one, that we could buy with 10 Cubes of Stabilized Dark Energy, and 20 Integrated Fractal Matrix, instead of the Golden Fractal Relics. Or maybe, add in the game a Black Fractal Relic, whatever Anet decide it is best.
Anyways, any opnions on this matter?
Thanks for the attention

OHHH YOU GOT PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THIS!! I bet they are already making something like this! good idea.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

+1 to this awesome idea.

Would this be easy for the Devs to do? It seems like all they’d need to do is copy the existing weapons and then alter the color. However, I don’t know much about game development so maybe it isn’t so easy.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

+1 to this awesome idea.

Would this be easy for the Devs to do? It seems like all they’d need to do is copy the existing weapons and then alter the color. However, I don’t know much about game development so maybe it isn’t so easy.

More the 2D and 3D artists than the software developers, and guess which skill is usually in the most limited supply? It is, though, not one of the more technically complicated changes in the world, you are correct.

(Though making black things look good is harder than it sounds.)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Posted by: Corraidhin.3986

Corraidhin.3986

I agree to this notion! it would give me a very powerful reason to come back to fractals ^^

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

On a personal note, I’m always in for black…but I’d appreciate it more if ANet gave us golden fractal backpieces first.

On a more serious note, just make weapons dyeable. Or what will be next after introducing black fractal weapons? Green ones, red ones, purple ones? And who will decide what color should be the most expesive? If I want say a red fractal Hammer, why does it cost me x times the mats a regular blueish would cost, what’s the justification, why am I punished for wanting the red one instead of the green one? you get the idea

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Please also consider to add a Golden Ad Infinitum
so we finally could have a matching backpiece to those golden weapons

and if you add black fractal weapon then also a Black Ad Infinitum

Would be nice in general if Anet could maybe add a merchant that offers many many more different colors
If anet cant make us dye the weapons ourselves they should just create a merchant that has like at least 10 different colors and you can exchange your golden weapons for another color one by paying some extra pristine relics or whatever

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

This x1000000. I know that will take some while, and since the left behind dungeons, i hope we will get Fractal Armor in game, sometimes (i hope soon^^). As a fractal addicted, i bet if Anet will add Fractal Armor, the number of players who will go into fractals will go high.
Well, at least a fool like me, can hope.

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wooow O_O

these 3 designs look so epic
i would to have a fractal armor like this ingame

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters