[Suggestion] Bloodstone Fen mining nodes...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Today I mined all the nodes and got 3 Blood Rubies. All the nodes.

three.

Three.

THREE.

That is all.

Meanwhile Bitterfrost Frontier is like Oprah Winfrey’s backyard handing out free berries for everyone and their mum’s brown dog. At least with Ember Bay you can do repeatable hearts on alts. Idk about Lake Doric but hey, that one has heart quests too for alts I think.

Would it be too much to ask if BSF could have either the following:

• Guaranteed 1 Bloody Ruby per node
  • Buff the chances of getting a Blood Ruby from nodes
  • Alt-friendly farmable nodes (Winterberry node style)
  • Introduce repeatable Heart quests like the recent, similar maps
  • Allow mobs to have a chance at dropping a Blood Ruby (encourage killing mobs, so far people try to avoid them at most)

I ain’t asking to be handed a million of these things… yet I feel the map is the red headed stepchild of the recent lot and is extremely underwhelming. May as well ditch the map and binge WvW/PvP for the tracks to get them which to be frank, is what I have HAD to resort to.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Probably one of the reasons why people rarely visit that map now. I do not even need to go there and get a guaranteed 3 rubies per day from my home instance. If I am feeling ambitious about getting more rubies I can WP there and get 2 more doing back flips and collecting UB. After those 5 easy ones it is a case of diminishing returns.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Unfortunately ArenaNet rarely revisit these zones so it’s unlikely they will fix this but simply increasing the drop rate chance to match petrified stumps and jade fragments would be enough. It’s a pity as this is a really fun zone.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Probably one of the reasons why people rarely visit that map now. I do not even need to go there and get a guaranteed 3 rubies per day from my home instance. If I am feeling ambitious about getting more rubies I can WP there and get 2 more doing back flips and collecting UB. After those 5 easy ones it is a case of diminishing returns.

When I time it right, sometimes Halbion is up. That’s an extra +1 for a total of six.

Though, to be fair, the berries require significantly more to get the same kind of gear that you could get for Bloodstone. And it’s much more annoying to get, what with Range 2000 “Freeze Transformation” elemental vets or Constant Chill-Damage Gryphons roaming around. I don’t really stick around, so proportionally, my time in Fen is actually better spent. >.>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Menadena.7482

Yeah, that freeze was old the 1000th time it happened. I am tracking everything in the various zones on spreadsheets (UM cost and such) to complete kitting out their ascended items on all of my characters though. Out of the 4 zones so far Bloodstone Fen (why oh why are 2 zones BF now, this is almost as bad as when someone says ‘maguuma’) is dead last to go there since I have a guaranteed 100 rubies every 33 days without even going there once. The other 3 come down to personal preference and what you plan to do in each zone (how many alts/day and such). You can certainly gather the most of the zone item in Bitterfrost … but it is also worth the least when you look at potential UM from it and cost for the vendor items (the other 3 zones are an equal cost to each other).

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

The irony is that I was going to buy the episode to unlock this but a guildie warned me about the harvesting situation. This combined with mining jade fragments in LD and sometimes getting zero jade really kittenes me off. No way I will spend gems to get a map that is even worse.

TLDR: Anet doesn’t want our money

Menadena.7482

Unfortunately it is not like the game is overflowing with ways to get ascended breathers, you need winterberries.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

The irony is that I was going to buy the episode to unlock this but a guildie warned me about the harvesting situation. This combined with mining jade fragments in LD and sometimes getting zero jade really kittenes me off. No way I will spend gems to get a map that is even worse.

Honestly if you were on the fence I’d suggest it. Bloodstone Fen is such an alien map and pretty fun, you will get Blood Rubies from other means if you follow events around and there’s still people there. It’s my favorite LS3 map still.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Sure they do. What they didn’t want is to set the rewards for that LS3 episode at a point where you, personally, feel it to be worth the money (or time, since gold => gems) to purchase it.

Which is reasonable: not everyone values those things the same way, so any point they pick is going to be below what some people would pay for the rewards, right on for others, and far too expensive for the last.

Personally, I’d buy it for the story, but obviously that’s even further from what you think is the value of the episode, so … that’s entirely legit. You can feel that way perfectly reasonably.

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Sure they do. What they didn’t want is to set the rewards for that LS3 episode at a point where you, personally, feel it to be worth the money (or time, since gold => gems) to purchase it.

Which is reasonable: not everyone values those things the same way, so any point they pick is going to be below what some people would pay for the rewards, right on for others, and far too expensive for the last.

Personally, I’d buy it for the story, but obviously that’s even further from what you think is the value of the episode, so … that’s entirely legit. You can feel that way perfectly reasonably.

I buy my gems with money so not really a gold issue. I just don’t want to give money to something I don’t support which is RNG and an anti-player mentality. It might sound crazy but give me 1 node = 1 resource and just make the vendor charge more. At least in BF i know exactly what I’m getting when i go to farm a winter berry and i know exactly how many more I need to farm to get what i want. In general, people like that sense of progression. I am pretty sure this is why they created craftable legendaries. People want a sure sign of progression no matter how long the road.