Suggestion: Bolt Legendary Sword

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Bolt is one of the most beautiful swords in the game. I wish the size of the sword was smaller when stowed. Right now the sword is just too big and clips into the ground making it look really awkward.

I know that there are a lot of other high priority issues and this may be a first world problem but, given how many perfectionists there are in ANET, I wish some dev finds some spare time during coffee breaks to make the stowed size of teh sword smaller to make it proportional to the character wielding it.

Thanks.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

There was a similar thread about sunrise a few days back. Lets not have the same arguments all over! I like my bolt and don’t want it to change.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Bolt is a longsword and not a shortsword. It is fine the way it is.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

Bolt is one of the worst looking swords in the game. Please release a new legendary sword soon that actually looks like a sword and not a blunt chunk of decorative fencing with a handle.

Thanks.

fixed this, sorry. The effects are cool looking though.

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Make Bolt Short again!

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are at least two other ways to avoid clipping into the ground that doesn’t involve making it shorter. The position can be shifted or the angle could be changed.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Lets change its footfalls so that you leave a trail of sparks/lightning as you drag it across/through the ground

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Most swords clip into the ground. I’ve posted about this before actually.
In any case, there’s not really a ‘nice’ way to say this, but quite frankly, the fact that swords clip into the ground is really, really stupid. Monumentally so.

Having said that, the person in charge of the Timekeeper sword knows this, and they made it not clip into the ground. kittening champion! Promotion to CEO, thank you.

Posted by: Ariachi.8096

Ariachi.8096

Never had an issue with bolt clipping on area of my characters, Asura included. Making bolt smaller stowed than it is wielded is more ridiculous than it clipping anyway! What a stupid idea…

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

Bolt is fine as it is. Although there are other weapons that shrink on stowing.

I would like an even bigger Bolt, a greatsword version of the skin would be a nice option for the gem store.

For that matter how about normal sword sized Sunrise and Twilight?

I doubt if this would be that difficult knowing the present skins are there and could be reused.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

the angle when sheathed should be juust 5 degrees up and a lot of problems would be fixed.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Ariachi.8096

Ariachi.8096

Bolt is fine as it is. Although there are other weapons that shrink on stowing.

I would like an even bigger Bolt, a greatsword version of the skin would be a nice option for the gem store.

For that matter how about normal sword sized Sunrise and Twilight?

I doubt if this would be that difficult knowing the present skins are there and could be reused.

Never going to happen, at least not in the gemstore. Could you imagine the screams and how annoyed players would be that have the legendary if they knew someone could just go and buy the skin for gems in the store?