Suggestion: Booster Wallet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

Since we’ve started to see more items get moved out of our inventory and into their own UI (dungeon tokens, finishers, transmutation stones) I’d like to suggest another area that could be applied to: boosters.

The “Booster Wallet” would be a tab on our Hero panel and work in a similar manner to the Finishers tab. The UI would display all the different booster types (experience, karma, magic find, etc) and how many “charges” of each you have. Click the “Activate” button under a booster to use it. Click the “Buy” or “Buy 5” buttons to purchase more. If you receive a booster from game-play (daily rewards, achievement chests, Black Lion chests, etc.) it will simply add another charge to that booster type in your wallet.

There are two benefits to this system. First, it will free up some of the clutter in our bank storage. Second, it will provide easy access to use your boosters out in the field without having to carry all of them around (and switch them between characters) to be ready for the off-chance that you might want to use some of them.

A similar “Utility Wallet” (or maybe “Utility Belt”?) could also be used for all the convenience/services items like Bank Access Express, Trading Post Express, etc.

Bottom line: provide a more convenient and accessible way to use those items and people will probably use them (and buy them) more often, rather than just throwing the freebies we get into our banks and forgetting about them.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I kind of like this idea.

Although, I think it could easily be taken too far. Obviously they shouldn’t make things too simple for us either; however, I do agree that if it were less hassle (for some people) they might use and buy more such items. I know several people that just stick them in their bank, and then forget all about them cough likeme cough

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I love the idea. One, because I have boosters taking up 1/2 of my first bank tab. Secondly, because they have to remain in my bank so that all of my characters have access to them. And I’d definitely use them more often if they were readily accessible in a Booster Wallet than as they are now, requiring me to go to the bank to retrieve them.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

love it!

/15chaarr

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

Them being in my inventory/bank prods me to use them. Otherwise I tend to not touch them. So I am not too keen on the idea. Besides ANet has to sell tabs…

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I rather like this idea. Would be nice for mini-pets, tonics, etc., as well. =)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

+1 for booster wallet. I dump most boosters onto alts or bank and always forget to take them back before I actually need them. But I admit that I am not a person who buys boosters in the first place.
+2 for utility wallet.

I’m afraid it will never get implemented because it will interfere with bag slots/bank slots sales, but ANet might consider the possibility that people could ignore those buys simply because they would take up their inventory space.

20 level 80s and counting.