[Suggestion] Bring Back Lore Books

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Q:

Way back in the beta, there were lore books, its was a very nice addition to the game. Everyone loved them, then just before the release, ArenaNet decides to remove them from the game for some reason. HoT would be a perfect time to bring them back into the game. I mean there is nothing negative about this and they are still in the database, so why not. Anet please consider it.

Attachments:

Some must fight so that all may be free.

(edited by warbignime.4610)

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I’ve never seen that, but now I want it ^^

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Lore Books might be too confusing for new players.

warbignime.4610

I don’t see how that’s confusion, it’s just like normal books but with animation.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I don’t see how that’s confusion, it’s just like normal books but with animation.

I was joking.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I was joking.

Stop that, it’s confusing the new players.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

In all seriousness, I really want someone from ANet to answer:

- Why was this conceived in the first place?
- Why was it removed?
- Why hasn’t it been considered as something to add back in, perhaps in another tab like Collections?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’d love this! It would be a nice bit of extra content- It’d be fun to run around and try to complete the book. I enjoyed reading the GW1 story/dungeon books- they added some nice flavour and depth.

I think it would be pretty neat for it to be very detailed, e.g. a few pages for each enemy. It would become more complete depending on how many of that particular enemy you have killed, or how many kinds of that enemy race you have killed (depending on their profession/skill set etc. E.g. Bandits have Bandit Cutpurse, Bandit Brawler, Bandit Cannoneer)

It would be nice for it to appear like a hand-written research journal- a leatherbound book with blotchy tea-stained pages. It would be lovely if it contained interesting lore, concept art, perhaps even sound clips from interesting/funny conversations.

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

Lore books would be nice to bring back..

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

I’d love for these to be brought back. There’s so much amazing concept art that comes with them too.

warbignime.4610

I’d love this! It would be a nice bit of extra content- It’d be fun to run around and try to complete the book. I enjoyed reading the GW1 story/dungeon books- they added some nice flavour and depth.

I think it would be pretty neat for it to be very detailed, e.g. a few pages for each enemy. It would become more complete depending on how many of that particular enemy you have killed, or how many kinds of that enemy race you have killed (depending on their profession/skill set etc. E.g. Bandits have Bandit Cutpurse, Bandit Brawler, Bandit Cannoneer)

It would be nice for it to appear like a hand-written research journal- a leatherbound book with blotchy tea-stained pages. It would be lovely if it contained interesting lore, concept art, perhaps even sound clips from interesting/funny conversations.