[Suggestion] Bring back Guild Kites!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Hello there.

Last night I was organizing my account vault and found an old toy, the Sun Kite I bought years ago for 500 gems. It didn’t look very impressive to me anymore and I instantly remembered that we could pay extra gold to an NPC to have our guild’s emblem engraved onto it with a whole new color and everything! I loved my personal guild’s emblem, so I decided it was well worth finally sprucing up this old kite with a new design that I liked.

So I searched and searched.

Turns out, according to the GW2 wiki, the NPC that sold them was removed when Heart of Thorns launched for a reason only known to those who paid attention to a certain developer’s comments on the forums.

This NPC was added in the July 9, 2013 update and was to stay indefinitely according to a post by Paul Belz on the Guild Wars 2 Forum. He was later however removed with Heart of Thorns expansion.

- The Kite Maker

Streamlining features and content is one thing, but downright removing such a customization option from the game with an expansion makes no sense whatsoever. I can’t think of a reason why creating Guild Kites out of Sun, Lightning, and Wind Kites was negative for the game. Perhaps ArenaNet wanted Guild Kites to be a part of the guild system without requiring gemstore kites and simply forgot they ever were a thing?

They’re Guild Kites.
You wear them with one of your beloved guild’s emblems engraved onto them to show you appreciate said guild(s).
I’m here to suggest they’re added back into the game! It’s not an urgent suggestion, I’m sure there are better things for ArenaNet to focus on, but it’s something I feel is worth asking for and bringing attention to.

Attachments:

(edited by Jovel.5706)

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

More guild kites= More Gemstore Sales! = Why not?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Huh! Never knew you could personalize (Guildize?) your kite. Interesting.

Sure, bring the NPC back.

Good luck.