Suggestion: Build Test Area PvE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

We already got the DPS-test Area in the Aerodome and we got a PvP Buildtest-area.
I would like to suggest a similar kind of Buildtest-Area for PvE in the same region as the DPS tester.
Pretty much the same system as pvp test area just that you can choose stats for weapon, armor and trinkets instead of just an amulet.
This way people are encouraged zo play arround with builds, without the fear of loosing money or time.

What do you think?

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

You can sort of do this in the PvP lobby against the golems, though I think its a great idea

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

They don’t want this because runes and crafting would become less valuable.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I don’t see how a build testing area would make runes or crafting less valuable. If anything it would either not change crafting, or it would make it more valuable as people would get to see the effect that the new stat combos they are looking at would have (thus giving real incentive to craft that gear)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Absolutely.

If ANet wants the average player to experiment more with builds, they should make it easier for us to experiment. Right now, it’s silly to in invest in learning whether e.g. Leadership runes matter much or not, when I can wait for qT et al to test it for me.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I don’t see how a build testing area would make runes or crafting less valuable. If anything it would either not change crafting, or it would make it more valuable as people would get to see the effect that the new stat combos they are looking at would have (thus giving real incentive to craft that gear)

Current system requires more investment. It’s literally that simple.

What you’re asking for is a try before you buy system. There’s a reason why they don’t do this for PvE they want you to make a choice and invest in it. If you could sit there and get the results for free before you have any investment many runes and stats would be significantly less valuable than before.

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

We already got the DPS-test Area in the Aerodome and we got a PvP Buildtest-area.
I would like to suggest a similar kind of Buildtest-Area for PvE in the same region as the DPS tester.
Pretty much the same system as pvp test area just that you can choose stats for weapon, armor and trinkets instead of just an amulet.
This way people are encouraged zo play arround with builds, without the fear of loosing money or time.

What do you think?

I already made a topic on this subject
You maybe interested to read all the good ideas written by other forum users.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Build-option-in-Special-Forces-Training-Area/first#post6380248

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Current system requires more investment. It’s literally that simple.

What you’re asking for is a try before you buy system. There’s a reason why they don’t do this for PvE they want you to make a choice and invest in it. If you could sit there and get the results for free before you have any investment many runes and stats would be significantly less valuable than before.

Most of them are already trash anyway…… In fact such a system could increase the amount of runes and stats that are valuable as people would be able to experiment much more easily and find those niche builds that use them well/effectively