Suggestion: Cape as a Glide!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

All players, who follow GW2 dev team, know that they mention that it’s been the clipping issues, etc. But what if it was like this picture? Is it doable?

Attachments:

(edited by Ngeluz.4860)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I hope you just mean the idea of a cape that lifts back off the shoulders rather than anything that looks like your linked images. Very subjective, just my personal opinion, but to my eyes those are hideous beyond belief and not just due to the color scheme.

However, that concept is also seen in Thor’s cape, and while I prefer functional cloaks/capes rather than things that just hang around decoratively behind one’s back without giving any protection from cold, wind, or rain, the Thor design would reduce clipping issues while still offering some good volume and fabric flow.

Attachments:

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

WHY WOULD YOU MENTION THOR’S CAPE AND NOT BATMAN’S?

In a thread specifically talking about cape gliders, batman is the iconic cape glider!

Also cape gliders would be cool as long as they came with a cape backpiece. Not something that I think is truly worth development time but if they do it I’d be the last person to object.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Batman’s cape hangs more flush with his shoulders (depending on artist/costume designer, I know). I was looking for a better example of the upswept look the OP had suggested.

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

I just want the shattered bloodstone glider back I missed it in the gem store. also I wish there was a shattered bloodstone back piece too so A-net if you see this please oh please <3 ps to be on topic I’m actually all for the Thor cape. May encourage me to edit my warrior or guardian to run around with a mace

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

can i have my fractal themed cape please?

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

I hope you just mean the idea of a cape that lifts back off the shoulders rather than anything that looks like your linked images. Very subjective, just my personal opinion, but to my eyes those are hideous beyond belief and not just due to the color scheme.

However, that concept is also seen in Thor’s cape, and while I prefer functional cloaks/capes rather than things that just hang around decoratively behind one’s back without giving any protection from cold, wind, or rain, the Thor design would reduce clipping issues while still offering some good volume and fabric flow.

Er, I was obviously referring to the 3D Model Idea of how to implement, not the cartoon exact same thing? Using a similar constructed model and reskin it with a more GW2 look. A thor cape would not work because of the clipping issues with tails etc. Here is a more GW2 example of what Im trying to say…

Also a Batman Cape Glide would actually work just as good I think, because it has some space with its unique scalloped shape.

Attachments:

(edited by Ngeluz.4860)

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

I personally would rather not see a cape as a glider , tho I’m in favor of having capes in game. I think it would just look silly. It would either look like a super hero style or a parachute.

Attachments:

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’