Suggestion: Chain Whip skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Like the sword end i think Net guys should make it a weapon set out of this…
What you guys think ?

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

what do u mean …. the sword hilt / handle

i really liked the way the weapon looks for the most part it would be cool to have a set based around the way that sword looks -

i don’t really care that the sword extends so having a weapon set based around it would be awesome

but the reason i decided not to buy the chain sword is because it extends and moves way to much when it is on your hip

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I <3 this skin so much. It goes perfect on my ranger, the animation isnt over the top stupid i dont think and its a really nice looking skin anyways!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

It works great on my mesmer, which is why I nabbed it, but I noticed something.

The chain actually DOES whip on the standard #1 skill, but it still has the normal purple weapon trail with the same trajectory as a normal sword. The weapon trail is still much more visible than the blade itself, even with the neon green chain (Not a fan of the chain color to be honest) so it looks more like a straight slash than it really is. I think the chain sword would look much better if it overwrote the class’s default weapon trails with its own.

Also, I don’t like the way it randomly extends while running while its sheathed because it keeps clipping through the ground and stuff whenever it does. I’d actually rather switch that behavior with the in-hand version because it stays steady but just has a shine run down the blade when in hand. So if swapped, it’d be more steady against your hip with the occasional shine, and then when in hand it would occasionally jiggle while it moves up and down with your running animation. It’d look better that way, I think.

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

what do u mean …. the sword hilt / handle

i really liked the way the weapon looks for the most part it would be cool to have a set based around the way that sword looks -

i don’t really care that the sword extends so having a weapon set based around it would be awesome

but the reason i decided not to buy the chain sword is because it extends and moves way to much when it is on your hip

I meant for more skins …like GS, Hammer Staff exs….

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Yeah chain whip pistol will be amazing!!!!eleven!111!!!

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Chain whip mace: the closest thing we’ll get to a flail.