Suggestion: Change Contacts and LFG

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

I suggest changing followers so the player has to request to follow another player. I also suggest that the Blocked tab only show the name of the player.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

(edited by Bevillian.1260)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i like to have stalkers

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Yeah, this has been requested a lot since the game went live, but ArenaNet haven’t acted on it.
It allows people to stalk other players, which is really not on at all.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yeah, this has been requested a lot since the game went live, but ArenaNet haven’t acted on it.
It allows people to stalk other players, which is really not on at all.

Remove and block them?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

followers are just people who have added you to their friends list- if you add them, they are on your friends list, if not they are on the followers list

Why is it a problem or am I missing something?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

They can add you without your permission and track your activity Morrigan .
Let alone which, the only solution to it in the game at the moment, to change your status to “Invisible”, can’t be set as default and makes you invisible to everyone, not just those you don’t want following you.
That is, you have to set your status to invisible every time you log in. For a brief period after logging in, your status will be visible to anyone following you.
It’s pretty kitten awful from an online privacy point of view.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Bevillian.1260

followers are just people who have added you to their friends list- if you add them, they are on your friends list, if not they are on the followers list

Why is it a problem or am I missing something?

No, you aren’t missing anything. I don’t think players should be on someones friend list unless there has been a request and it has been approved.

(edited by Bevillian.1260)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

mm mostly people ask- “do you mind if I add you?”.

Even if they don’t, I am not sure why I should care?
I guess that is what I am missing here- what does it matters if someone adds me?

Is stalking actually a thing or what?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

They can’t track you .. they only see where you are if you also have added them as friend.

In the end its not more as if they list your name on a piece of paper or a notpad.txt files.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Bevillian.1260

mm mostly people ask- “do you mind if I add you?”.

Even if they don’t, I am not sure why I should care?
I guess that is what I am missing here- what does it matters if someone adds me?

Is stalking actually a thing or what?

Yes, it is.

Bevillian.1260

They can’t track you .. they only see where you are if you also have added them as friend.

In the end its not more as if they list your name on a piece of paper or a notpad.txt files.

This isn’t true. When you add someone as a friend you see the online status, the achievement points, and the location. Without them adding you or accepting any request.

Yargesh.4965

Why don’t you want to block them though? If they are ‘stalking’ you why not use the tools at hand?

Bevillian.1260

Why don’t you want to block them though? If they are ‘stalking’ you why not use the tools at hand?

I do not want to block them from messaging me. I would not like them to know the information that becomes available from being considered a friend, since I did not accept any friend request.

Yargesh.4965

I do not want to block them from messaging me. I would not like them to know the information that becomes available from being considered a friend, since I did not accept any friend request.

So they are not ‘stalking’ you then. You seem to create problems before they are a problem.

Bevillian.1260

No, I don’t create any problems. I just feel as though the community should have the choice of who is able to see information about them, and many players feel similarly. I understand that you don’t. Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

At the moment the request idea wouldn’t solve anything as you can still see this information even if you have someone blocked Lol. Personally id like to see a re-vamp of the friends/follow/block so that you have more options for statuses afk,online,offline,ghost,streaming ect its far too limited as it is now. Secondly, If someone is blocked on either end the 2 people shouldn’t be able to msg one another. That you’re blocked on my end now lemme send you walls of texts has been a poor system since day 1. Blocked players should have 0 access to anything pertaining to your characters. Last the “following” thing should let anyone add you but also have an account option to limit or disable information regarding your characters/account/locations. It is limited information in the grand scheme of it, but what happens if arena-net decides to add player profiles similar to something like Diablo 3 down the road not everyone wants to share that with just anyone.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Bevillian.1260

Well if they made the block tab not show any information besides the player name, that would solve that issue along side of the request option for friends. And to stop people from spamming friend requests, there could be an option to not receive requests.