Suggestion : Changing Refund item Deletion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thevanishedone.5231

Thevanishedone.5231

Hello, I recently opened a support ticket for a refund , and was told to delete said items in which I would be refunded. Well one thing lead to another (tale for some friends only), and I was wondering if Arenanet can change the way they get rid of said items, I was thinking they can send tickets through the mail, which would involve the said item being refunded, and that the player can double click this ticket for it to eat both itself and said item and give the person the gems this way.

I don’t know how they usually go along the finishing of the refunds but I imagine this way would give the player a bit more of a sense of control instead of deleting said item and wondering when exactly they’ll get they’r refund. I would imagine it would also eliminate some additional , and posibly unneeded posts on the support tickets

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Or…..

If they tell you to delete the item in order to get the refund, delete it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Thevanishedone.5231

Thevanishedone.5231

I don’t know how they usually do it, but do you get said refund as soon as you delete the item , or is there a delay, if there is a delay how long would it be , some players may worry that their mightve been a problem after deleting said item and the gems don’t show up within an hour and may thus create more replies on the tickets inquiring about it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s not going to be an hour.

Support sends the message saying delete to get refunded. Once the person deletes, he needs to respond saying so. The emails is sent off and the support person will read it when he gets to it (he’s working on other people’s problems also so it may take a day). Then he has to confirm it was really done, then send the refund.

People just need to be patient and not expect fast answers.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I have had some refund on item from Anet support in past. They alway tell me to delete the item and then I get refund. Never one time had a problem with this. Do not think this is problem that need some fix.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: slpr.2647

slpr.2647

I think the system in place at works just fine. I have had to use said system a few times. even just recently, and w/o a hitch, I deleted the items and in no time had my refund thru ingame mail. ive been playing for over 2 yrs now and in that time have done a few stupid things ingame, and CS has always come thru.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The proposal sounds as if it would require some complicated development, and I believe that investing time to change a system, when we already have a system that works, would be the most productive use of developers’ time.

Personal opinion: If it ain’t broke…

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The proposal sounds as if it would require some complicated development, and I believe that investing time to change a system, when we already have a system that works, would be the most productive use of developers’ time.

So unless my English is failing me again, expect a change?

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

No, system stays as is.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For those not acquainted with US English idiomatic sayings, the full comment is “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Generally meaning if what you have is doing the job, don’t mess around with it trying to make it better because you’ll probably just screw it up and have it not work at all.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

the bolded part I mean is somewhat confusing.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

To clarify, in error, Gaile said would instead of wouldn’t and that it was only her personal opinion that it shouldn’t be changed.

So yes, but no.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

the bolded part I mean is somewhat confusing.

Looks like a typo, following the logic of the post she meant to type “wouldn’t” or “would not”, but accidentally a word (yes, deliberately left out “forgot” there).

After all, who would say “That sounds like a lot of work and we already have something that works, let’s do it anyway!”?

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

System works fine, no change needed. People need to stop being paranoid about not getting their pixel gems back within 20 seconds.