[Suggestion] Character Slot Fix

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

Please understand that this does NOT apply to everyone.

I have been playing this game religiously since beta, and over the years have accumulated several character slots, and each are used to do specific things. For example: Dungeons,Fractal’s,Farming,Adventures,World exploration, and so on. I would LOVE to see a character slot work-around, where 5 will be fit and maybe you can press a down arrow for the next five or up arrow to go the previous five and so on. Having them all in one straight line gets me confused as to who I used, have not, or sometimes I get flustered looking for the character I want to get on.

This is my opinion on it, and feel free to drop you’re own ideas if you have any, agree with mine, or disagree with me all you want.

Gg,Gl,and HF!
:D

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

This Oh This!
(and a bit more)

Additional suggestions: They could also -
- Show all character slots lined up on the left side of the screen, in SMALL squares rather than these huge ones we have now.
- Toggle toon flip off. (the toons flip around every time you pick a new one, and its making it a nuisance to switch your toon).
- Make us able to see each characters Hero panel on the start menu.
- Toogle fixed account location. Give us the option to, when we switch toon, the new toon will pop into the game where the old one left off.

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

And make characters show backs and weapons equipped….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Numerous ways to arrange our character pics on the selection screen would be nice. Filters and so forth, and where we can arrange them. Not everyone is in my boat (62 characters) but I’d imagine many people would appreciate it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

A fix to character selection is deffinately called for.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Really? I have no problem with it the way it is, and I have a few characters my self 9 in total so far, planning on making a thief soon. Or maybe a mesmer, can’t decide at the moment. And yes my all do different things, like some are for PvP, some are for doing everything, and some are just because I like they way they look.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: kfc.8170

kfc.8170

I have 8, and wish they were fixed to a spot with a number next to them, and can be arranged to your liking. This would be my boring version of a fix compared to some examples above, but would be content with this alone. As it is now, is pretty bad sometimes its the last character you played, sometimes its not ugh its pretty annoying.

(edited by kfc.8170)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Maybe sort-of tangential, but why does the character screen start with only displaying your last-player toon and no panels until you actually move your mouse over the toon? It seems pointless. It did however, lead me to think that it wouldn’t be pointless, and be very cool, if the character screen started with all your toons displayed, standing together like the character creation screen does with all the races. Might be a tad difficult for those with 20+ toons – where it might be best to just show the last 10 used or something. But it would be cool to see my toons standing side by side like a team of kitten super heroes.

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

But it would be cool to see my toons standing side by side like a team of kitten super heroes.

This. Please make that happen anet. Have it where like you log in and you see empty rocks or pillars where alts can be standing on and when you purchase more character slots it displays more alts on your account standing on said pillars/rocks in the background. Sell your character select screen to look AMAZING, and pair it up with a character slot sale and you will make lots of money.

*Edited for clarity

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not so much a fix as that there aren’t any options for arranging characters in the screen. There’s plenty of screen real estate to show a dozen characters using the current icons (if not a few dozen). If they did that, it would also be nice if they offered custom sorting.

However, of all the UI / QoL options they could work on, that’s probably near the bottom of my list.

tl;dr great idea, not a priority for me

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

Lol Despair, at first the character slot sale paired with a new character layout idea had me asking myself “is he trolling me”? But honestly you are so right! I think it would be a nice sale, and QoL update that I for sure can use, and as far as I read on this thread would not be an unwanted QoL update.

These ideas so far have me anxious for something new, sure when I have to step away and come back just to see my character standing there with some epic music is nice, but is not much of a wow factor. Yes I am dying for a character self-arrangement layout, but its not a bad idea to spruce it up a bit more, since that is the first thing people see when they log in.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’ve just made enough characters to get the arrows on the sides of the line of photos to scroll them. How much nicer would it be if I could see them all displayed at once, in a grid or something at least? So much real estate on that screen going to waste.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just want an alphabetical option instead of the current inconsistent rearrangement.