Just a flesh wound.3589

Broken forums are broken.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

[Suggestion] Charr with GW1 posture

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Well yeah, Charr can look around somewhat easier when standing upright…but what proof do you have that they can look around easier standing straight upright? When we’re comparing the two (straight to hunched) the two have different necks. Even if one could look around easier than the other, it’s still two different anatomies. Can you prove that the current Charr anatomy, when lined up straight could see around easier? At what cost?

Height is a distinct advantage when one is looking around. Is it not so? Charr with their heads on top of vertical necks would have the advantage over charr with their heads at the end of those bizarrely long drooping necks.

It’s easier to run faster with an extra set of hands than it is with just two feet, not including that it’s easier to bound with digitigrade feet, but I don’t see you commenting on that.

Luckily for you, though, charr don’t have hands that resemble feet. It’s actually an attribute of most felines to have fore paws with individualized toes built for grabbing and clawing at prey which Charr take to the next level with thumbs.

Upright charr who can run at length while wielding weapons and holding on to various items (all the while not fighting the instinct to drop to all fours) have an advantage over charr who use their hands as an extra set of feet.

Are we looking at the same model? The upright standing Charr look like they’d fall over to a stiff breeze. Look at how close their feet are together, practically right under their knees. You try standing on your tip toes and walking/standing around on your tip toes.

Their feet are much bigger and wider than mine and they have big claws on them. Which, of course, regardless of posture would wreak havoc on most types of flooring that isn’t stone. Also, their center of gravity isn’t out in front of them, as it is with the forward-leaning types.

Current Charr stance, they are hunched lower to use their various appendages to better balance not to mention their feet are spread apart (almost shoulder length apart) lowering their center of gravity…oh, and if they do fall over, they have hands they can readily rely on for balance, recovery and movement.

You try it: hunch down, lean forward, stick your neck out as far and as low as it will go, spread your feet far apart and move around. Take a walk around the block.

Do not bring up the size of greatswords. Then you get into the whole mess of how the other races and genders look ridiculous wielding one. It’s not pretty.

No argument there. But it does bring up another question: why do charr use the same weapons and armor types as humans? They’ve got claws. They’ve got horns. They’ve got fur. Seems logical to assume that those things would have played a BIG part in the development of their martial skills.

Bonus round: those big charr claws on the hands/forefeet. How do they manage to grasp a weapon firmly without the points of the claws poking the heels of their hands/paws? Can a charr tailor sew using needle and thread?

But having shorter legs and a forward-leaning posture and broad neck help distinguish them as a race. The above Charr mesmer from GW1 look like a human with a swapped head and feet with a tail attached.

He also looks like he’s got some serious advantages over his hunched-over kindred, all things considered.

If you want human skin swaps with as little imagination or uniqueness, why not just ask for that instead of going on these round-about rants on the apparent ludicrous structure of the Charr? I mean, it’s one thing to want a certain thing and it’s another to incorrectly criticize something else to get what you want.

If you want charr design to exhibit more imagination and uniqueness, why not ask why they use the same weapons and armors as humans, and pretty much do everything else the same as humans, except for how they move and stand around?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I believe Charr can stand upright, no problem, but they just prefer current posture.

I say, be it ANet’s way. They’ve chosen to be original and it works.

Just not with armor. But that’s more of a case they can’t understand that Charrs need their own, unique version of every armorset and they have to hire bonus people, just for it.

While Human and even Asura armor models can stay the same, Charr versions simply can’t and have to use different model, but themed similarily.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Take a look at who stands upright.

Shamans.

Not every Charr standing upright is a Shaman. Four of seven Charr in Pyre’s own Warband were upright standing Charr.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Fierce_Warband

In the cinematic after the defeat of Hirophant Burstsoul, which unless I’m mistaken is the main blow in the revolution against the Shamen, most of the Charr cheering on Pyre’s victory are upright standing Charr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSzTYe-AOII&feature=player_detailpage#t=1751

Demonstratively from GW1, upright standing Charr are not shamen, even though shamen might stand upright. It’s like squares and rectangles: a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square.

Thank you for posting this, it saved me from having to. I can think of more scenarios as well for upright Charr that are not flame-legion. Seems like the people claiming “only flame-legion stood like this” are just bandwagoning to sound like they know lore…

Also, regardless of arguments about physical advantage, this is a fantasy game and this change would match their own lore. Asura having a huge head makes them incredibly vulnerable, as in they would die from blunt trauma in seconds in a fight with any race. But seriously who lets that bother them, it’s fantasy.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Shamans.

Not every Charr standing upright is a Shaman. Four of seven Charr in Pyre’s own Warband were upright standing Charr.

In the cinematic after the defeat of Hirophant Burstsoul, which unless I’m mistaken is the main blow in the revolution against the Shamen, most of the Charr cheering on Pyre’s victory are upright standing Charr.

Demonstratively from GW1, upright standing Charr are not shamen, even though shamen might stand upright. It’s like squares and rectangles: a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square.

And @ Kysin: For GW1 charr, I said Shamans, not Flame Legion. There is a difference, though those who do not know their lore often do not realize this difference. And for the record, Kysin, I do know my lore, tyvm.

Shamans existed in more than just the Flame Legion by gw1’s time and is almost comparable to “spellcaster”. If memory serves me right, those of Pyre’s warband that stood upright were of the shaman caste but followed Pyre in betraying the caste upon the titan’s downfall. After the rebellion the shamans became less numerous and dropped Flame Legion teachings, still being in the other legions even in gw2’s time, though the title of shaman is more or less restricted to just Flame Legion due to historical affiliation.

So unless I’m wrong, my arguement remains standing.

TL;DR
Shamans existed in all legions in gw1 though most came from the Flame Legion, but it is Flame Legion teachings that are for the charr’s unnatural upright position. Modern times most if not all shamans are of Flame Legion and only Flame Legion use the unnatural upright posture.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Kysin.6349

Shamans.

Shamans existed in more than just the Flame Legion by gw1’s time and is almost comparable to “spellcaster”. If memory serves me right, those of Pyre’s warband that stood upright were of the shaman caste but followed Pyre in betraying the caste upon the titan’s downfall. After the rebellion the shamans became less numerous and dropped Flame Legion teachings, still being in the other legions even in gw2’s time, though the title of shaman is more or less restricted to just Flame Legion due to historical affiliation.

So unless I’m wrong, my arguement remains standing.

TL;DR
Shamans existed in all legions in gw1 though most came from the Flame Legion, but it is Flame Legion teachings that are for the charr’s unnatural upright position. Modern times most if not all shamans are of Flame Legion and only Flame Legion use the unnatural upright posture.

This is the info we have on the Fierce Warband:

The Fierce Warband is a warband of the Blood Legion. Their Legionnaire is Pyre Fierceshot. Unkittenre’s leadership, the Fierce Warband were among the many who were disinterested in the thought of following a religion among the Charr. After the defeat of the Titans by humans, they openly revoked the Shaman caste and their Titan gods marking them as rebels of the High Legions.

Now remember that war bands are together from extremely young.

Even IF your argument was correct (which has been proven not to be). It still shouldn’t be a reason to prevent this as a new addition to a Charr body type.

@Konig: please stop editing your post, just reply.

-Blackgate

(edited by Kysin.6349)

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Height is a distinct advantage when one is looking around. Is it not so? Charr with their heads on top of vertical necks would have the advantage over charr with their heads at the end of those bizarrely long drooping necks.

The thing is, you’re arguing anatomy. I’m sure if humans were constructed with a more digitigrade foot to resemble a kangaroo, we’d be able to jump much higher. So?

Back to the example at hand, Charr don’t have heads that sit on top of vertical necks, so would the advantage of standing upright still hold the same perks for field of view?

Upright charr who can run at length while wielding weapons and holding on to various items (all the while not fighting the instinct to drop to all fours) have an advantage over charr who use their hands as an extra set of feet.

Uh, you do realize current Charr (that can run on all four limbs) can also run at length while wielding weapons and holding on to various items. And what makes you believe there is an instinct to be fought? Just like a fighter who learns to master their whole body to perform a certain way, so do the Charr. If anything, the Charr have developed their own fighting style utilizing agile and quick shifts from 2 legs to 3 legs to 4 when necessary, giving them an advantage of unorthodox styles that some may not have faced before.

What you’re describing is a pure advantage to the current Charr.

Their feet are much bigger and wider than mine and they have big claws on them. Which, of course, regardless of posture would wreak havoc on most types of flooring that isn’t stone. Also, their center of gravity isn’t out in front of them, as it is with the forward-leaning types.

You do realize, when you stand on your tip toes, you’re leaning forward to do so.

It’s because you’re shifting your center weight from off your heels further down your limbs. If you try to stand straight on your tip toes and not lean forward, you’re going to fall backward because you’re leaning your weight over your heel instead of your toes.

It’s unnatural to not lean forward while on your toes (which Charr do). They also have long thick tails to further aid in balance, putting MORE weight behind you thus more danger of falling backwards if you don’t lean forward on your toes.

You try it: hunch down, lean forward, stick your neck out as far and as low as it will go, spread your feet far apart and move around. Take a walk around the block.

The only thing that would prove is my skeletal structure isn’t built for that. It says nothing of the current Charr or their apparent disadvantage over upright standing Charr.

No argument there. But it does bring up another question: why do charr use the same weapons and armor types as humans? They’ve got claws. They’ve got horns. They’ve got fur. Seems logical to assume that those things would have played a BIG part in the development of their martial skills.

I won’t disagree. Especially when it comes to armors. I can see armor that doesn’t cover their neck as a kind of feature for people who want their Charr to have exposed necks, but there is barely any (if there is at all) armor that adequately covers their neck which should be an available feature for Charr.

Bonus round: those big charr claws on the hands/forefeet. How do they manage to grasp a weapon firmly without the points of the claws poking the heels of their hands/paws? Can a charr tailor sew using needle and thread?

Fantasy rules aside, I would assume Charr have less dexterity with their fingers due to the largeness and bulkiness of their fingers. As for their claws, I heard they are retractable. What we see in game though, isn’t an accurate representation of how their claws look and work but simply a limitation of the method the devs used to model the Charr for this game.

He also looks like he’s got some serious advantages over his hunched-over kindred, all things considered.

You still haven’t proven this. You’re looking from a bias human perspective, considering what a human frame looks like and works, not how the Charr frame looks and works.

Kysin.6349

Also, I don’t know why some keep saying the Shaman/Flame Legion in gw2 stand upright. They stand the same as other Charr… See pics or wiki for yourself. I could post quite a few more, but i’m sure you get it.

Flame Legion Shaman: Hunched

Flame Legion Smoke Shaman: Hunched

Flame Legion Lava Shaman: Hunched

Even Baelfire himself: Hunched

Attachments:

-Blackgate

(edited by Kysin.6349)

Tachenon.5270

Fantasy rules aside, I would assume Charr have less dexterity with their fingers due to the largeness and bulkiness of their fingers. As for their claws, I heard they are retractable. What we see in game though, isn’t an accurate representation of how their claws look and work but simply a limitation of the method the devs used to model the Charr for this game.

Well, if what we see in the game isn’t an accurate representation, then there’s no point in continuing, because that opens us up to saying things like asura really have tiny heads shaped like tennis balls but we see them with big heads due to a limitation of something or other.

(Note: that’s a purposeful exaggeration; here’s hoping the point gets across.)

There’s a way to settle the charr posture issue, though, but it’s beyond my means.

Somebody out there make scale models of the GW2 charr and the upright GW1 ‘shaman’. Now stand them up. On their own two feet.

Which one immediately falls over?

(edited — twice! — for clarity and to rectify a comparative faux pas; the comparison should have been slouching charr vs standup charr, not charr vs human.)

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Sigh, all this lore quibbling about a simple option players would like to have. Option. Not even forcing it. I certainly can’t begrudge anyone who wants their Charr erect.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Kysin.6349

Sigh, all this lore quibbling about a simple option players would like to have. Option. Not even forcing it. I certainly can’t begrudge anyone who wants their Charr erect.

At the end of the day, this sums it up.

-Blackgate

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Fierce Warband is a warband of the Blood Legion. Their Legionnaire is Pyre Fierceshot. Unkittenre’s leadership, the Fierce Warband were among the many who were disinterested in the thought of following a religion among the Charr. After the defeat of the Titans by humans, they openly revoked the Shaman caste and their Titan gods marking them as rebels of the High Legions.

Even IF your argument was correct (which has been proven not to be). It still shouldn’t be a reason to prevent this as a new addition to a Charr body type.

Nothing you said there counters what I said and the wiki article doesn’t include everything for example we know that Pyre and his warband revolted in 1074 AE.

I would love to dig into all articles possible but annoyingly my home’s internet is broken and I’m restricted to my phone, which is kitten annoying to look into dozens of articles.

Just know these facts:

• Only monk, elementalists, and ritualists stood upright in GW1. Necromancers and Mesmers were actually hunched over too, but not as much as the rangers and warriors, their hunch is comparable to gw2’s charr standing upright when casting (there is still a hunch).
  • The majority of spellcasters, but possibly not all spellcasters, were in the Shaman caste.
  • The majority of the Shaman caste, but not all shamans, were of the Flame Legion. There were shamans in Blood, Ash, and Iron Legions too.
  • In GW2, Flame Legion shamans stand upright, and at that only those who have undergone the Baelfire ritual (results in burning eyes, hands, feet, and/or gut).
  • In GW2, the term “shaman” is only seen, in-game, to refer to Flame Legion spellcasters, but articles such as The Ecology of the Charr (wiki it) state that even modern times there are shamans in the other three legions.
  • Charr have a natural arch in their spine. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Olias#Storyline_quotes
Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Kysin.6349

Nothing you said there counters what I said and the wiki article doesn’t include everything for example we know that Pyre and his warband revolted in 1074 AE.

I would love to dig into all articles possible but annoyingly my home’s internet is broken and I’m restricted to my phone, which is kitten annoying to look into dozens of articles.

Just know these facts:

• Only monk, elementalists, and ritualists stood upright in GW1. Necromancers and Mesmers were actually hunched over too, but not as much as the rangers and warriors, their hunch is comparable to gw2’s charr standing upright when casting (there is still a hunch).
  • The majority of spellcasters, but possibly not all spellcasters, were in the Shaman caste.
  • The majority of the Shaman caste, but not all shamans, were of the Flame Legion. There were shamans in Blood, Ash, and Iron Legions too.
  • In GW2, Flame Legion shamans stand upright, and at that only those who have undergone the Baelfire ritual (results in burning eyes, hands, feet, and/or gut).
  • In GW2, the term “shaman” is only seen, in-game, to refer to Flame Legion spellcasters, but articles such as The Ecology of the Charr (wiki it) state that even modern times there are shamans in the other three legions.
  • Charr have a natural arch in their spine. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Olias#Storyline_quotes

What point are you trying to make? Again, Flame legion in gw2 do not have the upright posture even close to comparable in Gw1 (see pictures), Baelfire himself is hunched.

Then a bunch of vague info about how shaman aren’t always flame legion and not all spellcasters are shaman(and…?). We know that not all spell casters were of the Shaman Caste (see Fierce Warband), and don’t try to argue that they might be ex-shaman caste (why would they still stand upright if they hate the Shaman Caste, plus there is zero evidence of that).

Ugh… I’m done, like I said before. Having the option to have upright posture is lore friendly. Why would someone so vehemently oppose it.

-Blackgate

Leo G.4501

Well, if what we see in the game isn’t an accurate representation, then there’s no point in continuing, because that opens us up to saying things like asura really have tiny heads shaped like tennis balls but we see them with big heads due to a limitation of something or other.

(Note: that’s a purposeful exaggeration; here’s hoping the point gets across.)

I suppose so but it’s still not an accurate parallel. I mean, if Charr had deployable claws that retract, when would they deploy? Durning combat…when they’re holding weapons? Out of combat…just because? Perhaps it’s that character rigs can only have so many animating parts attached (charr already have tails), etc. and so on.

The reason I mentioned the retractable claws is because someone mentioned in a thread that in one of the canon books, an important character who was Charr “retracted their claws”. It’s possible the devs just forgot to put that into the game or the writer of that book pulled that little detail out their kitten but I’m just telling you what I heard.

There’s a way to settle the charr posture issue, though, but it’s beyond my means.

Somebody out there make scale models of the GW2 charr and the upright GW1 ‘shaman’. Now stand them up. On their own two feet.

Which one immediately falls over?

What makes you believe one would fall over immediately? How do you know neither would fall over? Or if they both immediately fall over?

But frankly, all you have to do is look at nature. How many digitigrade creatures walk bipedally? Look at their anatomical structure and locomotion. I don’t believe it’s common (only animals I can think that walk/run bipedally that don’t hop are bears…and I believe they swap between digitigrade and plantigrade when they do).

Basically, it is not common for a creature that is digitigrade to stand walk/run mainly on two legs at all.

Leo G.4501

Ugh… I’m done, like I said before. Having the option to have upright posture is lore friendly. Why would someone so vehemently oppose it.

1. It might be destructive to the direction the devs want to take their lore. Maybe they don’t want to attempt to distinguish between upper and lower class charr by their stance, or perhaps they want to solidify something about current Charr society. It could be the devs just don’t want upright Charr anymore as it surpasses their boundary for acceptably animated rigs. All in all, it might just be they don’t want to go giving every race their own extra special little customization beyond specific ones like tails/horns, ears, fur, tatoos, etc that rely on their armor stretching system whereas giving alternate stances is a whole other UI and custom option that have to regulate. (then Norn might want their own version, then Sylvari and so on).

2. It’s kind of a band-aid. You dislike the way the armors fit on the Charr model. Okay, well the devs are working on improving their system one piece at a time. Maybe they’ll get around to making it work on Charr models better or outright just design more parts when importing to Charr models to make it less jarring for you. Because making the Charr stand upright isn’t going to fix the problem.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’d love to see this as well
although I have a feeling that it wasn’t added due to clipping issue with armor…

Kysin.6349

1. It might be destructive to the direction the devs want to take their lore. Maybe they don’t want to attempt to distinguish between upper and lower class charr by their stance, or perhaps they want to solidify something about current Charr society. It could be the devs just don’t want upright Charr anymore as it surpasses their boundary for acceptably animated rigs. All in all, it might just be they don’t want to go giving every race their own extra special little customization beyond specific ones like tails/horns, ears, fur, tatoos, etc that rely on their armor stretching system whereas giving alternate stances is a whole other UI and custom option that have to regulate. (then Norn might want their own version, then Sylvari and so on).

2. It’s kind of a band-aid. You dislike the way the armors fit on the Charr model. Okay, well the devs are working on improving their system one piece at a time. Maybe they’ll get around to making it work on Charr models better or outright just design more parts when importing to Charr models to make it less jarring for you. Because making the Charr stand upright isn’t going to fix the problem.

1. If the devs think that, then they simply won’t do it. That is fine, i’m talking about why players vehemently oppose the option. If Gaile came on and gave that exact reasoning or something similar, then gg we can call it a day. None of us however, are devs.

2. My entire reasoning for this suggestion is simply to add diversity to the race in a lore friendly way. Not because I have an issue with armors.

-Blackgate

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Unkittenre

Anet, fix your stupid filter.

To my knowledge the Shaman caste in Blood, Ash, Iron were basically a leadership caste, not a group that would be serving along side the typical soldiers.

Kysin provided good images to demonstrate that GW2 Flame Legion Shaman don’t actually stand upright. Unlike the retractable claws thing, this is far too big a difference from the lore piece outside of the game saying that they are indeed standing upright.

I don’t know about you, but when the lore conflicts this badly, I go with GW1 lore and ignore the GW2 mess.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I love my Charr as-is. (Well… except that my adrenaline disappears instantly between one opponent and the next).

An OPTION is fine. But if it were CHANGED I would never play my Charr again. That is part of ANet’s historical problem; they change things, taking away existing stuff instead of giving us the option to change if we like.

Case in point: Outfits could have been added as an extra option for people who wanted to enter combat with a look contrary to their normal armor weight styles. There was ZERO reason to remove the Town Clothes. They could be restored exactly as before and not upset a thing.

Another case: Everyone has been forced into a High Population world by the MegaServer. Why do they think I joined a lower population server initially? They could STILL institute 3 tiers of MegaServers with Low, Medium, and High maximum populations.

Sorry; getting totally off-topic. Don’t FORCE a change on my Charr, ANet! You’ve taken away enough stuff I love already.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Asumir.1978

Asumir.1978

It’s not a hunch, it’s a crouch, and you’d be well warned to know that is the sign a battle-machine ready to spring into action at any moment.
The flick of the tail-tip? That is not just for decoration, either, if you know cats.

Thaír ar Nádal aï Narvèduí – Zían athâ éhû Tharnadaï
From Shadow unto Light is born the Narvedui
While softly walks the Tharnadai

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Im just gonna leave this here…i prefer the GW2 charr stance much more over the first one. its much more natural for an animal like beast race to walk like that when they walk on all 4s…

Now, i have no problems with a toggle…but you have to think..

They would have to make another entire race worth of armor. Why do i say that? because they have to refit all the armor onto the GW1 charr bodies(Even if they just copy paste. they have to rescale all the existing stuff), and that id say is the big killer.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Leo G.4501

They would have to make another entire race worth of armor. Why do i say that? because they have to refit all the armor onto the GW1 charr bodies(Even if they just copy paste. they have to rescale all the existing stuff), and that id say is the big killer.

Not necessarily. What people are suggesting in this thread is basically to use the current GW2 Charr model and “stand them straight up” as people like the way the armor looks on the model that way vs currently.

However, like I mentioned before, I don’t think that is a long lasting solution for that problem as I feel the devs are slowly ‘getting’ how to make the Charr armor fit so are readily experimenting on how to fit outfits and armor pieces on the Charr model and incorporating the various features of the Charr on the armor…but if you have the models standing differently and you make the armor work well with the current stance, you’ll likely conflict with the new ‘option’ which only compounds the current problems.

I honestly don’t care if there’s an option or not. People will do whatever they like with whatever option is given to them so more power to them. But speaking strictly from my opinion, I’d rather all Charr use the same stance as it is less immersion breaking. But like I mentioned in another thread, most things in the gem store are immersion breaking so damage done, opinion out the window.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Im just gonna leave this here…i prefer the GW2 charr stance much more over the first one. its much more natural for an animal like beast race to walk like that when they walk on all 4s…

The armour wouldn’t have to be modified at all. In the first place, it’s created over a t-posed character. By default, just about any race is posed like this: http://i.imgur.com/Iv9PEUC.jpg No need to copy paste anything.

Adding a straight pose would require recording new animations, eventually rigging fixes.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Keep them the way they are! It makes them unique and more believable! There is enough of cat-heads-slapped-on-human-bodies in other games, thank you very much!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Actually i would like to get a option with straight posture and running animation on 2 legs – not that running on all 4 feets is bad, but its sooooo slow…it simply doesnt look right if we dont have swiftness on. Either speed up their running animation or give us a option to run on 2 legs like npcs.

Ps. i would like to bite my enemies with spiked tail. Make it happen plz ;o

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Don’t think the armor would be an issue here. My charr guardian stands upright quite frequently, like when she is casting Empowerment. The armor appears fine even when the charr is stretching to a full upright stance.

The problem is that it looks so unnatural when she does it that its almost painful to watch. Players want that posture on their charrs 24/7? Their anatomy isn’t built for it.

Its like me attempting to train a dog to walk on its hind legs only for the rest of his/her days because someone thinks its cute or cool. Completely disregarding everything that says its impossible — Why? “Just because.”

I’m sure the caster classes in GW1 got their thrills when standing over their subjects… but at the end of the day they were hunched again — and crying in pain.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

It’d be cool if they bring in the upright body type, but I just want that the primitive warrior armor the Charr Bladestorm is wearing in the OP’s screenshot, with spiky shoulders and all. Hell, bring in the Charr weapon skins from the GW1 bonus mission pack to go with it and I’d be a happy camper.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Do you really want a human with a cat head? Check out the loading screen art for the Charr home instance. You might think twice.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Tachenon.5270

Maybe if the tail was heavier…

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Kysin.6349

Do you really want a human with a cat head? Check out the loading screen art for the Charr home instance. You might think twice.

Sorry I saw a cloak and didn’t care what I saw after that :p

-Blackgate

Posted by: Asumir.1978

Asumir.1978

Actually, the bucolic ears were the turnoff.
Not the crouch.

Thaír ar Nádal aï Narvèduí – Zían athâ éhû Tharnadaï
From Shadow unto Light is born the Narvedui
While softly walks the Tharnadai