Suggestion: Choices Choices everywhere.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

As I have read through several posts today, I have noticed a commonality between most reasonable and helpful comments.
Players want choices.
This sentiment seems to be an almost universal desire. These choices are not the sort that affect those around you. These are personal choices.
GW2 seems to have bought into that desire with the motto “Play the way you want.”
Forget any deviations from that motto, focusing on the future, can we all pretty much agree as a player base that we want lots of choices.
We want customization. We want utility. We want choices.
Things like the ability to toggle : other players backpacks on or off, spell effects of others on a slider, whether you see other players minis. These choices affect only the user.
Things like the ability to completely re size or move your user interface, toggle on or of notifications, or choose to see your face-plate in a party.
I know you want your product to be the best it can possibly be going forward, both for profits and because it builds player loyalty. Anyone who doubts this or thinks you guys don’t care is delusional.
You want GW2 to be the BEST.
You want the new nickname of this game to be Custom Wars 2.
So going forward, learning from the past without dwelling on it for a month posting negative stuff….
Gives tons of choices. Provide multiple paths to the same goals….legendary weapons and armor, mastery points, tons of utility, oodles of customization, CHOICES.
Do this, execute it well, communicate it well, promote it well ….
and I can guarantee you wild, massive success.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

And wild, massive costs as well.

You paying for that? How much? There’s only so many dev hours in a day. Will you be willing for all the dev time to create all this tons of choices, customization, multiple paths to the same goals to take the place of new maps, Specializations and stories? Because you can’t have both.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)