[Suggestion] Claw Island as a server only map

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’d really like to see a way to have a meeting place for our servers in the game that doesn’t impact WvW. It would also be really cool if we had a bulletin board for all the server news and events! Even better if we could feed that from an authorized site for each server. Since you can do all sorts of cool stuff with the TP web browser now, it’d be pretty stellar to be able to create a page we can view in game for all our server related needs.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I’d extend this to all cities, tbh, but every little thing counts… I miss Piken.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

munkiman.3068

I’d extend this to all cities, tbh, but every little thing counts… I miss Piken.

I think the only reason i would stay away from that is their focus on the NPE. If there was a place, tucked away, that a server could congregate, it would be less glaring to new players that would lead them to think servers are “the only” population in the game.

Posted by: Thegreatninjaman.5891

Thegreatninjaman.5891

it would be a nice way of retaining server pride. i like this idea.

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

With the mega servers there’s really no reason for server pride. Especially if your not evolved in WvW. They can totally do away with servers at this point. All that’s needed is maybe 3 named server’s. NA/EU/OTHER as far as PVE goes anyhow.

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

Posted by: Thegreatninjaman.5891

Thegreatninjaman.5891

With the mega servers there’s really no reason for server pride. Especially if your not evolved in WvW. They can totally do away with servers at this point. All that’s needed is maybe 3 named server’s. NA/EU/OTHER as far as PVE goes anyhow.

that is a terrible idea. if we had WvW split between servers, then we will have a huge number disadvantage at different times of the day.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think server pride is a thing of the past and I think people should start getting used to it. There was a thread in the WvW forums floating the idea of doing away with servers in WvW too.

It would have the advantage of making the game a completely serverless game.

Your identity, instead, would come from your guild…or your alliance (which was another suggestion floated in the same thread).

There isn’t going to be a home server place, because Anet is moving away from home servers, and I think, personally, this is a good thing.

Instead of having people who can’t join my guild because they’re not on my server and sometimes we WvW, we can have guilds that aren’t locked down and they can just recruit anyone.

Instead of having friends who join the game and can’t get on Blackgate or TC, they can just join our guild.

Servers are a thing of the past. Some day they will be completely relegated to the past.

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

that is a terrible idea. if we had WvW split between servers, then we will have a huge number disadvantage at different times of the day.

I’m not suggesting anything really. What I’m saying is theres no need as far as pve goes to have all the different servers. If you wvw that’s the only need for the many different servers. That option can be on the login screen. That wouldn’t work either as your forced into wvw for map completion and other various things.

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Maybe it could be a pvp map.

munkiman.3068

I think server pride is a thing of the past and I think people should start getting used to it. There was a thread in the WvW forums floating the idea of doing away with servers in WvW too.

It would have the advantage of making the game a completely serverless game.

Your identity, instead, would come from your guild…or your alliance (which was another suggestion floated in the same thread).

There isn’t going to be a home server place, because Anet is moving away from home servers, and I think, personally, this is a good thing.

Instead of having people who can’t join my guild because they’re not on my server and sometimes we WvW, we can have guilds that aren’t locked down and they can just recruit anyone.

Instead of having friends who join the game and can’t get on Blackgate or TC, they can just join our guild.

Servers are a thing of the past. Some day they will be completely relegated to the past.

If they go through with it, it will be the end for a very sizable chuck of players.