Suggestion: Client crash, 007

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

So I had got into BG main server early(of course) to do Teq.
Event starts, I am pumped to kill this dragon.
Phase 3 starts and boom, client crash.
I know at that point I am sorry out of luck.
I would describe my fury at borderline uninstall rage coupled with shock and disbelief.
Waiting that amount of time to do a large scale meta and the client crashes…
I don’t get a client crash very often and I honestly cant remember the last time it happened. But this couldn’t have happened at a worse time
My point is that there should be a DC queue, like GW1!
You DC or crash and you have xx time to get back in. This would make the playerbase happy on so many levels.
I remember when this was implemented in GW1 and the players as a whole rejoiced and told tales of dreaded 007 err0r and how it was vanquished forever and much joy was spread throughout Tyria!

Please Anet, please.
For the sake of all that is holy.
Put this in the game.
I cant think of a reason NOT to put it in the game.

Again please

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

+111111111111111111111

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Stormcrow.7513

I actually can’t find another post about the GW1 killing of 007 in regards to GW2. I sincerely hope that a moderator reads this and passes it along to the devs.

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

Bumping this thread

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

Posted by: Flintgold.5761

Flintgold.5761

+1 I have crashed or dc’d at the end of many teq raids, nothing is more heart breaking, would love to see something like that implemented.

Stormcrow.7513

I don’t see why they can’t. I mean it was put into GW1 which, has the same engine. The only issue could be that GW1 was mostly instanced while GW2 is not. Either way, they really need to implement this ASAP as a giant QOL service.

Bevillian.1260

Bumping this again

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

I have client crashes happening at random times ever since the “Tequatl Rising” patch, before the game ran without any crashes at all.
It happens in dungeons or if i’m doing a world boss/waiting for a boss to spawn.
I have reported this issue several times to ArenaNet but never gotten any response.
Hope this will soon be fixed.

Posted by: Daegen.1039

Daegen.1039

please do as it is only fair

i7 3770k@3.5hz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 32Gb Viper 3 Black Mamba PC3-12800 9-9-9-24
OCZ Agility 3 2.5" 240GB SATA/ 500Gb WD 7200 ASUS GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 50"plasma

Bevillian.1260

Please do as it really is only fair.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Just another BEST OF GW1 that needs/should be in gw2.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

+1

I’ve done temple runs where the game suddenly stalled right at the end. I sit and watch the timer go to 1 or 2 seconds left for the temple then DC. No reward for doing that event. It’s also happens at Shatterer. Right at the last few seconds where his health is almost zero, DC.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

if you crash and have a crash report window (with a send option), DO NOT click on close or send. Estimate the time and wait for the event to end while still having the crash report window. After the event ends, you can log back in and still get credit. As long as the crash report window is still there, the game thinks you are still inside and will give you credit.

I got teq chest before by doing that.

This wont work for disconnect or crash that put you into character select screen however.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Daegen.1039

Daegen.1039

if you crash and have a crash report window (with a send option), DO NOT click on close or send. Estimate the time and wait for the event to end while still having the crash report window. After the event ends, you can log back in and still get credit. As long as the crash report window is still there, the game thinks you are still inside and will give you credit.

I got teq chest before by doing that.

This wont work for disconnect or crash that put you into character select screen however.

thats not really a fix i would think

i7 3770k@3.5hz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 32Gb Viper 3 Black Mamba PC3-12800 9-9-9-24
OCZ Agility 3 2.5" 240GB SATA/ 500Gb WD 7200 ASUS GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 50"plasma

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I don’t see why they can’t. I mean it was put into GW1 which, has the same engine. The only issue could be that GW1 was mostly instanced while GW2 is not. Either way, they really need to implement this ASAP as a giant QOL service.

That difference is the reason. GW1 could keep a spot for you in the instance because it was YOUR instance.

a specific overflow shard of an open world zone is shared by tons of players and is not tied directly to your account.. if you exit it(through a DC/crash for example), it doesn’t track you and it won’t recognize you when you try to rejoin the same zone.

That’s why being in a party is important for big events, the other players in your party are your anchor to that specific overflow shard.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Stormcrow.7513

That difference is the reason. GW1 could keep a spot for you in the instance because it was YOUR instance.

a specific overflow shard of an open world zone is shared by tons of players and is not tied directly to your account.. if you exit it(through a DC/crash for example), it doesn’t track you and it won’t recognize you when you try to rejoin the same zone.

That’s why being in a party is important for big events, the other players in your party are your anchor to that specific overflow shard.

Agreed, although Anet could implement a system that tracks your shard and gives you say 10 minutes and holds your spot since you dc/crashed. I cant really see how this would be abused.
Anyways, I championed the “disable right click targeting” movement for MONTHS and with 1000s of posts and people begging and many deleted posts it was finally put into the game…thank god.
I will keep daily bumping and pushing this thread It is something that can and should be in the game.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all!

Whilst it is acceptable to continue a discussion on this suggestion, it is not appropriate to bump the thread without discussion. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

Great Idea I am putting it on the Player Choice Add ons list. I know it is a sad faced player when you are DCed at a bad time. I do not know how they could make it work in PVP but it would be nice to have player join late. late better than never.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Player-Wanted-Add-Ons-Lankybird-s-List/first#post3692112

(edited by Lankybird.8149)

Stormcrow.7513

Thanks Lanky. It was such a great and unexpected addition to GW1. All in all probably the #1 best QoL patch ever created for the game. I just hope that GW2 has the ability and want to put it into the game. People would rejoice more than killing Scarlet :P

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Reconnect was the single best thing ever implemented in GW1, and if it came back in GW2, there would be much rejoicing.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Hello all!

Whilst it is acceptable to continue a discussion on this suggestion, it is not appropriate to bump the thread without discussion. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

As a mildly active forumer with a necro as a main, I believe that this means that it is not on their immediate agenda.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hello all!

There really isn’t much to discuss… this needs to happen and the thread should be bumped until it does.

/thread

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Verizon’s highest tier tech support could not help me and concluded that it is a problem on anet server’s end. Anet said the vice-versa.
Now I am stuck here… staring into space… hopelessly on what to do next.
Error 7s, 24/7.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I’d really like for this D/C Queue to be implemented cuz there have been a few instances where I was d/c’d during events (such as Teq, Mari, and most recently LA) and ended in an overflow server that is losing or lost. So not to pressure you guys or anything, but I’d appreciate it if you were to work towards implementing this feature as soon as possible.

Stormcrow.7513

If I remember correctly, it was maybe year 4 or so when they put this into GW1. The basis of that technology should form a groundwork to put it into GW2. Lets hope the Devs are at least having a discussion about it.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

If I remember correctly, it was maybe year 4 or so when they put this into GW1. The basis of that technology should form a groundwork to put it into GW2. Lets hope the Devs are at least having a discussion about it.

That is about the time it was introduced into GW1 and since GW2 is using an updated version of the old GW1 engine there is no reason or excuse I can think of for it to not have been emplemented into the GW2 codeing from the beginning.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Stormcrow.7513

That is about the time it was introduced into GW1 and since GW2 is using an updated version of the old GW1 engine there is no reason or excuse I can think of for it to not have been emplemented into the GW2 codeing from the beginning.

I think that a big issue would be to allow the technology for a persistent shard, rather than an instance which is what GW1 used very frequently. Does anyone remember if GW1 had the ability to reconnect while in a persistent zone like Spamadan or LA and be in the same district etc?

Posted by: Cerberus.4315

Cerberus.4315

Yep, this would be a great idea. I’ve crashed many times during tequatl and similar events and then placed in an overflow that has no chance of completing the event due to lack of people. This isn’t nice seeing some of these events involve waiting for around an hour be for the event to start and can only be completed on a few highly populated servers, and now that the join feature has been removed for guests, looks like more and more players will leave lower populated servers for the more populated server.