[Suggestion] Complete All Gathering Tool Sets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Mixing and matching gathering tools might be nice, but having full sets of gathering tools is even better.

Currently we have three complete thematic sets:

• Molten/fused gathering tools (the phoenix is kinda unwarranted, but still)
  • -r-tron gathering tools
  • Minion set (the bone pick features an oil theme which could’ve been used separately, but still)

Several items have also appeared in bundles:

• Gadgeteer pack (Watchwork, Chop-It-All, Thresher-Sickle 5000)
  • Consortium pack (Consortium Harvesting Sickle, Chop-It-All, Molten)

I would instead prefer to have each theme getting a whole set of tools:

• Dreamcleaver set (based on Dreamcleaver axe – my favourite – would’ve got it already if there was a matching set!)
  • Nature/Water set (based on Consortium Harvesting Sickle)
  • Lightning/Storm set (based on Chop-It-All Axe)
  • Watchwork set (could we nerf the sprockets already so that people can buy tools based purely on looks and not efficiency?)
  • Fancy Magical/Insect tools (based on Frost Wasp)
  • Jack-in-the-Box should never appear again better stay unique IMO, and Thresher-Sickle 5000 is more or less the same as -r-trons, so…
  • While we’re at it, how about a Mordrem gathering tool set?

So, are you okay with mixing tools or would you also like complete matching sets?

Reminder: this thread is not about how expensive these tools are, how you’ll never buy them at this price, how you’ll never return the gold, how they should be accessible by all characters etc. but about complete thematic sets

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

the sets should be made complete imo…id own a lot more of them if id get a watchwork sickle and axe too. Dont even care about the sprocket bonus…i just like gears and stuff and these things are one of the few items that give me gears.

Lishtenbird.2814

the sets should be made complete imo…id own a lot more of them if id get a watchwork sickle and axe too. Dont even care about the sprocket bonus…i just like gears and stuff and these things are one of the few items that give me gears.

Same with Dreamcleaver for me. I like the “magical” type of stuff, but getting just a single tool feels wrong.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I was going to be snarky and claim wanting a Watchwork set so I could get all the sprockets, but a) that’d lower my prices, b) I have something else in mind.

I’m actually rather fond of my consortium harvesting tool. The faster cast collection is nice, but what amuses me more is the golf swing. So, I’d kinda like to see recreational tools for mining and logging.

Or, a pogo stick with a drill-end for mining?

Or maybe after Mordy gets a visual reveal, we could get minion tools. Mini-mordy swings by, then drops off a sylvari slave to do your dirty work. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I hope that we see in the future more elemental tools.

I desperately want finally something like a “Wind Spirit Sicle”, that creates some very sharp whirwinds of with wind spirits inside that cut the plants for you

I would also love, if ANet would implement an option, that lets allow us to trade these Permanent Tools in for Permanent Tools of an other Design for some kind of Gold Fee for example, so that I could trade my Dreamcleaver Loggin Axe for a new wind related Sonic Blade Loggin Axe

If I could have a Wind Spirit Sicle, a Sonic Blade Logging Axe and a Thunder Roar pick Axe as a Wind Theme Harvesting Tool Set, that would be an instant buy for me and my Main Character, especialyl if those 3 would be designed after the Tempest Weapon Set in the same style, just as Harvesting Tools as my Main runs around already with Tempest Daggers and a Tempest Shortbow. as weapon Sets.

Other than this, I’d be naturally also too for completing the other tools, that aren’t full sets of Sicle, Pickaxe and Loggin Axe yet.
—-

I’d love to see also a Permanent Harvesting Tool Trade Option findign its way into the Game, so that you could be able to trade a Permanent Tool against an other permanent Tool for some kind of Gold + Karma Fee

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Lishtenbird.2814

Or maybe after Mordy gets a visual reveal, we could get minion tools. Mini-mordy swings by, then drops off a sylvari slave to do your dirty work. :P

“Now that’s just excessive.”

especialyl if those 3 would be designed after the Tempest Weapon Set in the same style, just as Harvesting Tools as my Main runs around already with Tempest Daggers and a Tempest Shortbow. as weapon Sets.

Huh, would be cool if all BLTC weapons actually went with gathering tools.

I’d love to see also a Permanent Harvesting Tool Trade Option findign its way into the Game, so that you could be able to trade a Permanent Tool against an other permanent Tool for some kind of Gold + Karma Fee

While the idea is nice, I don’t really see it happening because money.

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

• Watchwork set (could we nerf the sprockets already so that people can buy tools based purely on looks and not efficiency?)

If this ever happens I’ll hit the freaking roof. That’s the only tool I bought and the only reason why.

Not everybody plays just for the cosmetics. I like to see big ’ol numbers!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If the set would cost 3,000 gems, I do not see a need for this at all. Much rather have all of them available individually 24/7/365. This way we can have player choice instead of being stuck with a set.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Lishtenbird.2814

If this ever happens I’ll hit the freaking roof. That’s the only tool I bought and the only reason why.

Could you remind me why your 1000 gem tool should do more and cost less than my 1000 gem tool?

If the set would cost 3,000 gems, I do not see a need for this at all.

A set is just a bunch of tools with the same visual theme. Bundles which contain several items at the same time do cost less, though.

Much rather have all of them available individually 24/7/365. This way we can have player choice instead of being stuck with a set.

Might be the case since the tools are now there for a long time. Could it be forever?

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

Could you remind me why your 1000 gem tool should do more and cost less than my 1000 gem tool?

Because at time of purchase it explicitly said it was?

Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t be irritated that, effectively, they released a better version of the tool after you bought yours for a better price. That is kinda crappy. I’d be irritated too.

But it’s not my fault that’s what they did. Yours does exactly what they advertised when you decided to buy it, and so does mine. Removing my feature would mean they aren’t giving me what I bought, without actually doing anything to help you. (Except to allow you to bask in the glow of my unhappiness, of course, which I admit is a balm to any MMO player.)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I have mismatched tools: bone pick, dreamcleaver logging axe, and Jack in the box scythe, simply because that’s what was available when I wanted permanent tools. I’m super miffed about the watchwork pick, and vowed never to purchase another harvesting tool… But if they completed each of those sets and put them on sale for 1800 gems, I’d probably buy. I know the bone pick is supposed to go with the harvesting minions, but I’m not crazy about the minions and wish they had done some sort of black and purple theme instead.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I do agree that the Watchwork Pick is an anomaly and I’m frankly surprised ANet let it stay. However, rather than nerfing it I’d prefer to see the other unlimited tools get buffed so they also have special drops.

Lishtenbird.2814

But it’s not my fault that’s what they did. Yours does exactly what they advertised when you decided to buy it, and so does mine. Removing my feature would mean they aren’t giving me what I bought, without actually doing anything to help you. (Except to allow you to bask in the glow of my unhappiness, of course, which I admit is a balm to any MMO player.)

I think that nerfing it back to the level of other tools and letting everyone either a) get a refund in gems or b) replace for any other mining tool was the best way of action. Obviously, they aren’t doing it now since they’re flooded with returning and new players at the moment, and HoT is near, but… But removing the frustration of having to buy the watchwork pick which earns money instead of other tools which look cool, and restoring faith of many customers, is globally more important, IMO, than making a handful of buyers unhappy.

I do agree that the Watchwork Pick is an anomaly and I’m frankly surprised ANet let it stay. However, rather than nerfing it I’d prefer to see the other unlimited tools get buffed so they also have special drops.

People have discussed that option, but it doesn’t feel right. Paying for convenience and cosmetics is fine, paying money now to earn gold in the future is borderline P2W.

I have mismatched tools: bone pick, dreamcleaver logging axe, and Jack in the box scythe, simply because that’s what was available when I wanted permanent tools.

Based on what we see, they “fixed” it and tools might be here to stay (finally!)

I know the bone pick is supposed to go with the harvesting minions, but I’m not crazy about the minions and wish they had done some sort of black and purple theme instead.

Agreed, the oil theme is better than minions IMO (minimalistic → less chances to become stale) and should’ve made it into a separate set.

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

This is correct. It is not normal to have items (like Watchwork Mining Pick) giving advantage in-game just because they are purchased from item shop.

Either give a buff for small a period of time to all in-game gathering tools in order to increase sales, or do not give any advantage to any gathering tool to show customers that you respect your own marketing rules.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Molten Pick drops Azurite orbs, perhaps?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Listenbird, I usually like your posts but…..

NO
I have bought 5 of these things and I would NOT be ok with that.

The problem is that, aside from the home instance sprocket generators (which not a lot of people have), there’s no way to produce an adequate flow of sprockets into the game for people that want to use them for recipes.

What they should do, which I’ve felt since this one came out, is buff the other sets.
Definitely, one of them should give out an occassional azurite orb because the prices on them are rediculous. I was thinking that one could give out Ambrite chunks or something and I’m sure others could come up with some additional themed ideas for them.

If the set would cost 3,000 gems, I do not see a need for this at all. Much rather have all of them available individually 24/7/365. This way we can have player choice instead of being stuck with a set.

I agree with this, even though I did buy a gageteer set, but that was because it was too good a deal to pass up.

Naz ©