[Suggestion] Crafting - Account wide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShadowFox XI.4516

ShadowFox XI.4516

Crafting professions and recipes should be account wide. This way if players made a characters and started a crafting profession then decided to change it after having leveled, they could take that crafting profession on a new character and simply pay the fee to have the levels. The fee would be the same as it is on soul bound crafting and depended on the crafting profession level.

This would also help for players who made multiple characters figure out what crafting profession they want on what character without having to restart each time, or player who leveled many crafting professions on multiple characters then got the “additional crafting license” to have more crafting professions on their main character.

~If recipes that are used on multiple crafting professions, ex:, tailor, leatherworker and armoursmith, are account bound, awesome~

Thanks for reading.
This is a suggestion all comments are welcome.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I don’t care if the crafting professions were account wide. I would love that the recipes you discover would be. You still have to level in that profession to be able to use that recipe so the challenge is still there. If your guardian finds an artificer or chef recipe and uses it, your thief chef or your warrior artificer should have that recipe available once they achieve the appropriate crafting level. I think nearly everyone has used a recipe only to find OOPS it is for the wrong crafting discipline and dang…. you have to reobtain it for the correct crafting profession.