[Suggestion] Custom Wardrobe Tabs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Often I look to build armor sets based on a particular vision, but sometimes don’t know the name, location, or weight of the armor. I spend more time than I would like sifting through the ample choices for that one armor piece that I want, every time I want it, if I happen to change my armor. Now this isn’t a huge problem, or even a problem at all for that matter, but it would be awesome if I could organize my wardrobe for frequently used skins, or skins that I’m in the processes of building a look for. I think I’ve come up with a pretty fun way to keep it all in check while creating a worthy gem store item!

The wardrobe tab!

Enabling us to crate our own categories for armor and weapons via drag/drop or select/add (photo album style, technology allowing of course) would be pretty awesome. I envision it as a function similar to inventory bags or bank tabs, that will give us a chance to expand, organize, and play our way .

The left navigational bar will house our new tabs underneath of the current “weapon skins” option. When I click this new tab, there will be a button to the right that allows me to navigate through the entire wardrobe, clicking check boxes on items until I have chosen everything that I want stored in the new tab. After those items are selected, I click the “add to” button, and voila! All of those chosen skins are now in my new wardrobe tab (which I can rename whatever I want)!

Thoughts?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I … like it! It’s not quite templates, but it helps immensely with remembering mix and match designs.

I’d want it character rather than account based, and a means of having multiple named tabs per character. Each of my alts has their own distinct look/set of looks, after all.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I was thinking about how the tech might work in keeping specific tabs character bound whereas the wardrobe is account bound, and I’m no programmer, but it sounds like quite a hurdle. Hopefully being able to name tabs will help with organizing for alts.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It would tie in nicely with a long requested QoL change, the ability to name bank tabs.