Suggestion: Dailys

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

I think Anet that you need to add a few more dailies to the list. Currently there is only 10 for PvE, WvW, and PvP, and this is all well and good, but your problem is it is going against what you preach about before you released the game in some areas. You said you wanted players to be able to play together and have no kill stealing. Well in some of the dailies, this is what happens with some of them (example: Daily Reviver). If you wish to do this in PvE it is kinda difficult because all the good spots for achieveing these are no longer good because the MegaServer sends like 50 people to these areas and in some areas (The Reacter where the creatures kill off npcs) you can catch some hate if you kill any creatures if people want to do Daily Reviver.

TL:DR
Please add more dailies so we have more of a chance not being forced into PvP/WvW and to promote a better playing experience not messing up other players because of lack of easy/good daily quest.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You have 24 hours to finish 5 dailies. For ones like daily reviver, you need to find areas with dead npcs that other people dont realize exist. also, none of the PVE achievements are that difficult to complete.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’ve never ever had a problem finding 10 NPCs to rez in short order. Even now with crowded zones and events like the Fire Elemental (reactor is always full of downed NPCs).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

You have 24 hours to finish 5 dailies. For ones like daily reviver, you need to find areas with dead npcs that other people dont realize exist. also, none of the PVE achievements are that difficult to complete.

Not all have 24 hours to play in every day ^^- most actually have a lot less playtime each day..
But yes it is possible to get them done. Just have to be a lot more inventive.
Let other players die, and then revive them. Play a thief. and run a bunch of monsters through another players aoe fields. and then go invisible….. let the monsters kills the noobie and ress him after.. yey… mega servers! ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh my! There are dead NPCs in every starter map. In many, many places. One way to find them is to explore a bit, and visit somewhere other than the multi-congregation areas. I rarely see any zergs in the starter maps, other than a train in Queensdale.

Posted by: Iluzija.1798

Iluzija.1798

Res the npcs in the heart quest above Nebo Terrace (I believe). Or go to any npc area that has a boss spawn like the hylek place were the krait witch spawns, just avoid her at all costs.

Also I have never been forced into pvp or wvw to do my dailies yet. Even though some are really boring like dodger, its easy enough to do them. Go to a world boss with aoes and spam dodge. Or daily gatherer, while your waiting for an event or running from A to B hit the nodes near your path.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

If you have Mount Maelstrom, just hop to Golem Mark II when it spawns. Tons of downed/dead people for everyone’s Daily Reviver.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Do have to say that I’ve never had a problem with Reviver daily. The starter zones have areas with plenty of NPCs to revive. It sounds to me that OP is complaining that the spots where he could knock Daily Reviver out in 1min (such as ReactOr) aren’t as viable because of population increases via Megaserver. Sounds like a frivolous complaint to me.

Personally if I see I’m in an area with a lot of people trying to revive, I revive an NPC for like 1sec then move to the next one. You get credit for one tick of reviving. Just go around and tag them all and you get credit when they are finished by everyone else. Plus it’s good practice anyway because that way you aren’t hogging them all for yourself. If more and more people do this there will be less of an issue such as OP described.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Finding dead NPCs isn’t hard and doesn’t take a lot of time. Take note of where you see them, or ask for help. If you’re just looking for them in places where world bosses are, you’ve almost always had to deal with competition for revives.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

10 are enough.

If more are added, unless you add some sort of gain cap (can do 5 for laurel, 10 for points, any others you do will give just exp), people will fell forced to do them all to maximize their points again. It’s not that you have to, but some will feel like they have to if they want to catch up with others.

As for defeated NPCs, every single map, every-single-one, has at least one spot in which lots of NPCs keep getting defeated all the time. And most have at least 3-5 of them.
Maybe someone should make a list of those locations in the wiki, to help a bit.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I do think they need to be expanded upon as it lacks consistency. I could play one day and within 30minutes of not even knowing what the dailies are they’re all done. Yet another day it won’t be completed regardless of how long i play.

Tbh though, i don’t really care which is why i don’t bother looking to see what they are. I have no need to do dailies it just seems a bit inconsistent.

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I don’t want more choices as much as variety as I posted in this article.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/More-Daily-Choices/first#post3806881

the whole reason for the reduction is to try to tempt you into trying something new. I admit that I am against doing PvP, because I do not like it. But I am not against trying it out every once in awhile, because it can be fun. Also they know the numbers and I would wager to say that the numbers told them 80% of the community was not doing any PvP dailies at all if they whole section was not getting used then why is it needed.