[Suggestion] Dark Knight --- New heavy class.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

Hi, I wanted to give an idea for a new class that is already making lack of heavy armor. I hope you like it.

I propose a: space dark knight, warrior mix between dark wizard.

1. Introduction of the class (story). —-——

An asura, in an experiment brings him a time portal to a dark knight who has difficulty assimilating what happened, a small plot helps us enteder its source and allows us Do learn at the end of the development of this class.

This plot could be worth to add in a future campaign another light class, Chronomancer

2. Guns Dark Knight .———-

Greatsword.
Hammer.
Staff.
Spear.
Trident.
Mace. (2 hands)
Dagger. (2 hands)
Pistol. (Primary hand)
Sword. (Secondary hand)

3. Skills Dark Knight .———-

The class skill is a kind of link with a type of energy that changes the skill 1 of each weapon and adds a chance to rest to make an effect. Something like Elementalist but not equal.

Types of energy: gravity, electromagnetism, darkness, fortitude.

other spells that do not change when changing energy to staff:

Skill 5 grativatorio you create a vortex in the area that attracts your enemies until it hurts them and throwing them to the ground.

Skill 3 Das a hit with your staff the enemy to cause bleeding.

Example of weapon: Staff —-—-
Gravity: Probability weapon skills to cause fall down.
Electromagnetism, Probability in weapon skills to cause confusion.
Darkness. Probability in weapon skills to cause blindness.
Fortitude. Probability in weapon skills to empowerment.

Skill 1 (by gravity) Creates a gravity ball in the target location that attracts objects and after 3 seconds throws a damaging area 5 enemies.

Skill 1 (by electromagnetism) Lance lightning at an enemy making him great harm.

Skill 1 (by darkness) (range 600) creates a cloud that damages enemies and 3 and has an extra 50% cause blindness.

Skill 1 (by fortitude) spears staff like a spear to damage enemies in the same line.

Other spells that do not change when changing energy to staff:

Skill 5 Create a gravitational vortex in the area that attracts your enemies until it hurts them and throwing them to the ground.

Skill 3 Give a hit with your staff the enemy to cause bleeding.

Thanks.

Attachments:

(edited by onio.6403)

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I wonder what school of magic this falls under.

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Hmmmm.

This sounds familiar.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Hmmmm.

This sounds familiar.

Sounds like the last four dark/shadow/reaper/dragoon/reaver/ knight class ideas from the last two days.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…I just still don’t support the idea because it still just sounds like a darker version of a Warrior/Guardian with one or two new skill types.

onio.6403

Oh I beg to differ greatly updated in the forum, so I was surprised what family because what I put what I’ve been thinking.

The class that I propose would be very versatile, even in some similar ways a typical medium armor, pistol or using daggers.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

What is a Maza? mace?

Otherwise, again a “dark” knight…

While I like the gravity aspect of it, I do not think he would be very prominent in PvE, as the enemies tend to be too “resilent” for CC attacks

onio.6403

What is a Maza? mace?

Otherwise, again a “dark” knight…

While I like the gravity aspect of it, I do not think he would be very prominent in PvE, as the enemies tend to be too “resilent” for CC attacks

yes, Mace

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

Electromagnetism, gravity ,what happened to the strong and weak force ? You must have those too !

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Hmmm….. a dark knight would be fine. Though from the looks of the skills themselves, I can picture a Prestige version of an engineer and not a dark warrior. I imagine them as something that pays a heavy toll in exchange for more power. Hmmmm…. I wonder…

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Either I traveled back in time to a point where I haven’t commented on this post, or it’s this post all over again. I’m going to say it’s the former and I have somehow discovered time travel!

Anyway, this idea has been coming up a lot lately. They all sound roughly the same with a few tweaked differences here and there. Ultimately they all just want to imitate the Death Knights from WoW. I get that it was a very popular class in that other game, but this is not that other game, and just because that game does it does not mean this game should do the same.

If you’re going to try to ‘spice it up’ with things like gravity and electromagnetism, at least call it something more interesting sounding like a chronomancer or something.

Dark Knight is just a rip off of Death Knight which is a rip off of Shadow Knight which is a rip off of Oblivion Knight which is a rip off of insert whatever ominous word you want here Knight. I’m afraid it’s not new. :/

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

“habilididad”? What on Abaddon’s green Tyria is that?

onio.6403

Hmmm….. a dark knight would be fine. Though from the looks of the skills themselves, I can picture a Prestige version of an engineer and not a dark warrior. I imagine them as something that pays a heavy toll in exchange for more power. Hmmmm…. I wonder…

what you say may be reflected in support skills, a type of skills would be of the “sacrifice” where you sacrifice a percentage of your maximum health to do more damage with that skill or more damage over time.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Greatsword.
Hammer.
Staff.
Spear.
Trident.
Mace. (2 hands)
Dagger. (2 hands)
Pistol. (Primary hand)
Sword. (Secondary hand)

No batarangs?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Greatsword.
Hammer.
Staff.
Spear.
Trident.
Mace. (2 hands)
Dagger. (2 hands)
Pistol. (Primary hand)
Sword. (Secondary hand)

No batarangs?

Actually, give us the batpod and you will have support of pretty much everyone, even if the idea is as unique as a hydrogen atom.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Couldn’t be less interested in a dark knight/shadow knight/whatever knight class if I tried. In case you hadn’t noticed the Guild Wars franchise uses one word titles for its PROFESSIONS.

onio.6403

Couldn’t be less interested in a dark knight/shadow knight/whatever knight class if I tried. In case you hadn’t noticed the Guild Wars franchise uses one word titles for its PROFESSIONS.

With this post I’ve ever wanted is to provide ideas that have occurred to me, the fact develop it has been to convey an idea, I know the names of professions are of a word but there is the designers to make that work.

This is a forum for ideas, we bring each of us and can help them create something that we like, but always under your criteria.

the name “dark kinght” is just the essence of the name they would give for truth not occurred to me the other. could be “occultist” although that hits more to a character in light armor.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

GW2 is not about to release a class called Dark Knight when a certain other triple A MMO is about to do the exact same thing (and has far more reason to given that it is a class name with a rooted history in their franchise).

Try again

onio.6403

I think you instead of speculating what they will do, what you should do is contribute ideas for a new heavy class that is what they need and the join and draw something in common we like them all.

onio.6403

As for the name is not important, they will take care of the ponerele consider what they decide to do.

Posted by: Aetheldrake.6395

Aetheldrake.6395

Oh I beg to differ greatly updated in the forum, so I was surprised what family because what I put what I’ve been thinking.

The class that I propose would be very versatile, even in some similar ways a typical medium armor, pistol or using daggers.

ya, i guess every class being able to use nearly half of the weapons in game isn’t versatile enough

not that any new things as big as a race/class is going to be released anytime soon, and even less likely based on any player’s suggestion ):

as nice as it would be to have a new class, not happening

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Well im not sure if someone suggested it already but whats about non swapable weapons like ele, engi (actually it makes sense, ele is light and engi is medium) with f1-4 skills choices but based on ini points instead of cd like ele? And then we can go down this line;

F1 – Generally a melee line
F2 – Nearly pure ranged line based on chaos/dark magic w/e you want to call it
F3 – Curses (slighty similiar to necro)
F4 – More likely a protective/support line

F3 – Now what curses would do? I would like to see it as high risk high reward line.

You would put conditions on yourself in exchange of removing boons from foe (that part sounds like a necro right?) but also draining yours own hp in exchange of enhanced abilities – like i will take 5k hp off me but some of my telegraphed skills will deal 5k hp to enemy no matter what if i land it/or hit 50% stronger. Note that its just an example how it would work.

F4 – i see it something along the lines like for example; surround yourself in dark aura deflecting projectiles and blinding nearly foes. And tbh i would add invis in this line as well (short one) by creating combo field (f4) and finisher (f1).

Its ok, i know it won’t happen anyway:)

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

“It’s the hero Tyria deserves, but not the one it needs right now.”

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I like the idea of a third heavy armor proffession a great deal. I even think some kind of polar opposite to a Guardian would work well thematically. However, it is going to be hard to make such a class without stepping on the toes of existing professions.

When I think of something opposing a guardian my first instinct is a condi heavy class but we already have professions that lean towards condi specs and condi specs do get the short end of the stick because of condition caps and the fact that a traditional dps spec can mow down an enemy before your conditions have a chance to do their thing. Granted having them develop another condition heavy profession might result in them addressing one or both of these aspects in some manner.

As far as introducing new professions, in all honesty I have always been in the camp that this third heavy profession should arrive with the first new playable race.

Posted by: yasb.6592

yasb.6592

I would really like to see some melee action a la dragonball with lots of new cool animations.

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

Just going to leave this concept here again this I had drawn and suggested a LONG time ago….and was a class that used:

Pole arms(scythes and spears)
Greataxe
main hand and offhand shield
Greatsword
Daggers
Swords

Funny that it used mists energy…and Rytlock is all mists out now….hummm I wonder.

Attachments:

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

goes into the topic
introduces Druid – (ritualist and dervish fusion) – a spirit warrior
leaves

(edited by Moldur.6275)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

goes into the topic
introduces Druid – (ritualist and dervish fusion) – a spirit warrior
leaves

But Druids already exist in lore. You can’t make a profession based on a group of humans who left society and transcended into spiritual beings that were connected to the jungle.

Posted by: DirtyT.5129

DirtyT.5129

Hi, I wanted to give an idea for a new class that is already making lack of heavy armor. I hope you like it.

Thanks.

I would main this class.

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

Dark Knight?
What’s next, the joker?

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Just buy some Knights gear and dye it black. Voila.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Give it a scythe and dervish skills (good dps, boons and boonrips) and i’m all for it :-) And Dervish armor ofcourse. Overall a great idea.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I would love a new profession, but it’d have to be unique, and I can’t see this being too unique.
As in it kind of sounds like a mesmer in heavy armor, with some other aspects.

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

If we get new class…. i would want to get back Darvish and Paragon… no new some 3rd kind of classes

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Antimonio.4872

Antimonio.4872

1. Introduction of the class (story). —-——

An asura, in an experiment brings him a time portal to a dark knight who has difficulty assimilating what happened, a small plot helps us enteder its source and allows us Do learn at the end of the development of this class.

This plot could be worth to add in a future campaign another light class, Chronomancer

Greatsword.
Hammer.
Staff.
Spear.
Trident.
Mace. (2 hands)
Dagger. (2 hands)
Pistol. (Primary hand)
Sword. (Secondary hand)

3. Skills Dark Knight .———-

The class skill is a kind of link with a type of energy that changes the skill 1 of each weapon and adds a chance to rest to make an effect. Something like Elementalist but not equal.

Types of energy: gravity, electromagnetism, darkness, fortitude.

other spells that do not change when changing energy to staff:

Skill 5 grativatorio you create a vortex in the area that attracts your enemies until it hurts them and throwing them to the ground.

Skill 3 Das a hit with your staff the enemy to cause bleeding.

Example of weapon: Staff —-—-
Gravity: Probability weapon skills to cause fall down.
Electromagnetism, Probability in weapon skills to cause confusion.
Darkness. Probability in weapon skills to cause blindness.
Fortitude. Probability in weapon skills to empowerment.

Skill 1 (by gravity) Creates a gravity ball in the target location that attracts objects and after 3 seconds throws a damaging area 5 enemies.

Skill 1 (by electromagnetism) Lance lightning at an enemy making him great harm.

Skill 1 (by darkness) (range 600) creates a cloud that damages enemies and 3 and has an extra 50% cause blindness.

Skill 1 (by fortitude) spears staff like a spear to damage enemies in the same line.

Other spells that do not change when changing energy to staff:

Skill 5 Create a gravitational vortex in the area that attracts your enemies until it hurts them and throwing them to the ground.

Skill 3 Give a hit with your staff the enemy to cause bleeding.

Thanks.

Oh I quite like that, but I would add new weapons, and incidentally that also implemented to other professions.

For example, “Pole”, " crossbow" ….

Posted by: Antimonio.4872

Antimonio.4872

Dark Knight?
What’s next, the joker?

is that you do not realize that the name is unimportant …? -_-

Posted by: Tharomir.6985

Tharomir.6985

If there’s gonna be a new class with the new expansion, it has long since been decided upon. Still, a Death/Dark knight is usually a popular choice, though I am hoping for a Skald type class.

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

Decisions about new classes, races and other huge gameplay stuff are taken long before anounce. Dark Knight can be suggestion only for second exp.

And yep, mainly Dark class_name not viable. Because our characters not evil – they are commanders, sunbringers, combat healers and other good guys.

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

BRING BACK PARAGON

(Kitten Dark(Death)Knight WoW Players)

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

Decisions about new classes, races and other huge gameplay stuff are taken long before anounce. Dark Knight can be suggestion only for second exp.

And yep, mainly Dark class_name not viable. Because our characters not evil – they are commanders, sunbringers, combat healers and other good guys.

Dont forget good guy necromancer

Posted by: Rem.9627

Rem.9627

Give it a scythe and dervish skills (good dps, boons and boonrips) and i’m all for it :-) And Dervish armor ofcourse. Overall a great idea.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-New-Class-Prophet/first#post4702380

WAAAAAYYY ahead of you.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Im so tired of Dark Gloom Death Doom Knight concepts cause people think that sort of thing is super awesome.

At least you didn’t suggest a scythe as a weapon. +100% damage vs Hay -100% against anything actually threatening. Fear me, I’m a farmer!

Posted by: Tharomir.6985

Tharomir.6985

Im so tired of Dark Gloom Death Doom Knight concepts cause people think that sort of thing is super awesome.

At least you didn’t suggest a scythe as a weapon. +100% damage vs Hay -100% against anything actually threatening. Fear me, I’m a farmer!

Scythe as a weapon would be cool. It was easily my favorite weapon in Dark Souls. No matter what they pick there’s gonna be haters, whiners and complainers.

Also, Dark Knight is a cool concept, there’s a reason it is so popular. If you don’t like it when people have different ideas and opinions than you, you are gonna have a hard life.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

My dark knight is waiting for you..

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

If we get new class…. i would want to get back Darvish and Paragon… no new some 3rd kind of classes

Dervish wouldn’t make sense lore wise because we aren’t only locked to humans only