[Suggestion] Dungeon Rewards once per week

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

This idea came from fluffball in another post, however it wasnt 100% relevant to the topic there and I thought it deserved its own thread.

Make dungeons give the old gold rewards but limit it to once per week ( or two weeks) per account. After that first once a week run, they can reward the current values.

People wont be able to spam farm them and will have to go into new maps to spend their time, so this achieves Anets goal of disincentivising dungeons. However it keeps dungeon content relevant and means they wont be dead all the time.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I like the idea.
Will happen? I doubt it.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’d be ok with a 50% boost to token rewards and a guaranteed Rare+ (2 or 3 for Arah) in the daily chest. Not perfect, but at least runs would feel less futile.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

Not once a week, that’s crazy it’s even less than what we have now. I already have enough trouble finding dungeon groups, don’t make it harder.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

I disagree with the OP and agree with Blaine.

Dungeons as a way for people to farm gold and/or experience are a bad idea. But they are still linked to exclusive skins, and, with the recent reward nerfs, those players trying to get those skins are really unlucky.

ArenaNet should:

• Massively increase the number of tokens for finishing a dungeon path once in a given day. But only for finishing, not for killing bosses at the beginning.
  • Add multipliers the more dungeons per day you finish, so playing through different dungeons in a single day would give more tokens than just the sum of doing paths of a single dungeon through different days.
  • Remove all dungeon-exclusive tokens and replace them for universal dungeons tokens. So playing in any dungeon would give you tokens for buying any dungeon reward.
  • Don’t allow people to salvage dungeon rewards, but allow them to go into the Mystic Forge.

We would end with a system that rewards playing in different dungeons each day, that rewards finishing a path instead of doing its beginning over and over, that allows people who want the dungeon-exclusive skins a way to actually get them despite all the nerfs to dungeon rewards, and that even allows people to make some gold by using the items in the Mystic Forge (even if that means making only one exotic weapon for every four they acquire through the dungeon tokens).

Other than fixing the entire dungeons system – and let’s face it, ArenaNet won’t do that for the core game and much less for dungeons – that’s probably the best we will get.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Not once a week, that’s crazy it’s even less than what we have now. I already have enough trouble finding dungeon groups, don’t make it harder.

Make dungeons give the old gold rewards but limit it to once per week ( or two weeks) per account. After that first once a week run, they can reward the current values.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This might actually make me play dungeon. Nope., this is a terrible idea.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

Old dungeon rewards were balanced to the old economy. You arent getting less rewards just because the devs hate you or are too lazy to think of a way to implement them. Youre getting less rewards because if you got more the amount of gold coming into the economy would screw over people playing HOT content.

I’m all for some other reward (heck just up the number of tokens you get per run and/or add more guaranteed rares so you can get more salvagable mats out of it). But it cant give flat gold like it used to. Just wouldnt work.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

zombyturtle.5980

Old dungeon rewards were balanced to the old economy. You arent getting less rewards just because the devs hate you or are too lazy to think of a way to implement them. Youre getting less rewards because if you got more the amount of gold coming into the economy would screw over people playing HOT content.

I’m all for some other reward (heck just up the number of tokens you get per run and/or add more guaranteed rares so you can get more salvagable mats out of it). But it cant give flat gold like it used to. Just wouldnt work.

I dont mind the gold nerf in principle and i agree it was needed but the way they did it WAS lazy. A flat out 66% nerf without taking into consideration the length of the paths has almost outright killed some dungeons. There was no effort at all to balance it against other content, or even other dungeon paths.

Personally I dont think just upping the token rewards would give people enough reason to do dungeons and make them not dead again, most people already have the skins.

A once a week reward would still cut the oncome of dungeon runners by 6/7ths which still makes HOT the more efficient gold income generator, but means its not impossible to get a party like it is now…..although id be fine with some other decent reward like t6 mats or ectos once a week if that makes people want to play them.

Also I thought I posted this in dungeon forum, dunno how it ended up here lol.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Agreed. Please support the PVE farming community. Because everyone know there is no pve players, just farmers.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

People wont be able to spam farm them and will have to go into new maps to spend their time, so this achieves Anets goal of disincentivising dungeons. However it keeps dungeon content relevant and means they wont be dead all the time.

You don’t get it. Anet doesn’t want anyon to run dungeons at all. I bet they’d happily removed them completely, if they thought they can get away with it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

zombyturtle.5980

Agreed. Please support the PVE farming community. Because everyone know there is no pve players, just farmers.

Whats this got to do with PVE players or farmers? Its about how dungeons have become totally dead and ways to rectify that while still keeping to anets intent to de-incentivise them.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I do like the universal token idea.

It would at least allow new comers to do the easy dungeons(AC, COF) which still have people running them, AC for levels, COF at the moment for the exp farm..

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Whats this got to do with PVE players or farmers? Its about how dungeons have become totally dead and ways to rectify that while still keeping to anets intent to de-incentivise them.

No one is stopping people from doing dungeon. And since Anet pretty much nerfed all reward progress, dungeon rewards actually isn’t so bad.